Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesla/Lithium stocks discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

You just quoted Unsworth's lawyers. You'd expect them to say something like that. Did they mention that Unsworth insulted Musk first?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

:pac: I think it's great that the response to that document is to question why I'm anti Musk.

Because he is self important?

or engages in smoke and mirrors tactics?

The companies books are public so they have to be pretty straight or does your dislike overflow to the company too?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Sabre Man wrote: »
    You just quoted Unsworth's lawyers. You'd expect them to say something like that. Did they mention that Unsworth insulted Musk first?

:pac: Ah, so it was a warranted response to call Unsworth a pedo and call his wife a child bride?

OwlsZat wrote: »
    Because he is self important?

or engages in smoke and mirrors tactics?

The companies books are public so they have to be pretty straight or does your dislike overflow to the company too?

Have you heard of Solar City?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Very damaging for Musk

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1181393068701802496
    You have some drive to try to discredit Elon Musk. What is it that drives you? Did you loose money? Are you short the company? or you just 100% believe the whole TESLA franchise will fail? If it's the last please explain why as best you can.

If somebody called me a Pedo and then refused to apologies you can bet your ass I would bring him up for defamation. Not for monetary gain but for the principle.

• Advertisement

TSLA is up 9 days in a row, apparently a new record. Lots of good news lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,989 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Wow, that is better than expected. Share closed at $254, now $300 in aftermarket now this came out :eek:

Wonder will DrunkenMonkey and PhantomLord be about to eat some humble pie? or perhaps they still aren't convinced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Amazing overnight gains alright, happy for anyone holding. Despite all the good news it's still down 15% in 12 months to date. Life isn't fair some times.

Love to get my hands on a Model 3 in a year or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Wonder will DrunkenMonkey and PhantomLord be about to eat some humble pie? or perhaps they still aren't convinced?

I'll buy some of that humble pie with my Porsche dividends. :cool:

What's the golden rule though lads, buy the rumour sell the news.

What's the golden rule though lads, buy the rumour sell the news.

Are you short TSLA?

And I'm out. Bought for 233 6 months ago, sold for a bit over 300. Sweet :)

I still have those. The dividend was nice alright :) doing well there too, but not so much with my 2 other investments (pharma), they are heavily in the red...

I think the company is still headed towards the same result, it's just taking longer than expected to get there. It's an unexpectedly good quarter, but let's have some perspective, S&P is approaching record highs, TSLA is still down on the year.

I think the company is still headed towards the same result, it's just taking longer than expected to get there. It's an unexpectedly good quarter, but let's have some perspective, S&P is approaching record highs, TSLA is still down on the year.

What's your short thesis?

What's your short thesis?

It's a garbage company run by a psychopathic con man, with massive liabilities lining up down the line. I underestimated how much investor and government money he'd be given to burn.

It's a garbage company run by a psychopathic con man, with massive liabilities lining up down the line. I underestimated how much investor and government money he'd be given to burn.

Perhaps you're better off devoting your time and money to a company that you understand better in that case.

What's incorrect about what I posted?

Will I just send you my bank details, phantom_lord? Just transfer the money to me instead of shorting TSLA, would save you a lot of stress :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭lucky john

unkel wrote: »
    Will I just send you my bank details, phantom_lord? Just transfer the money to me instead of shorting TSLA, would save you a lot of stress :pac:

I think we are it the territory of a short squeeze now. The shorts were left with very little ammunition at the Q3 results

And I'm out. Bought for 233 6 months ago, sold for a bit over 300. Sweet :)

Looks like you sold too soon, unless you needed the money.

Nah, just profit taking. I'm happy to be out for the moment. I'll probably go back in if the opposite happens - a result (now matter how good or bad) that's worse than what was expected and the share is down well under $300 again. Which of course might never happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Good decision to get out for now, only up today due to fomo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭positron

I am new to shares and having a look at DeGiro, I have 15 TSLA shares (I don't have many others tbh), and BEP shows 238 (which I think means is the average cost of these shares as I bought them at different times at different prices?). If I sell them now I could make some profit (approximately €1000). Just wondering if I should, first time selling shares...

positron wrote: »
    I am new to shares and having a look at DeGiro, I have 15 TSLA shares (I don't have many others tbh), and BEP shows 238 (which I think means is the average cost of these shares as I bought them at different times at different prices?). If I sell them now I could make some profit (approximately €1000). Just wondering if I should, first time selling shares...

You get a €1,270 capital gains tax exception per year so it could be a good idea to take that profit if you haven't exceeded the limit so this year.

Good decision to get out for now, only up today due to fomo.

Or short squeeze. Version 3 of solar roof will also be unveiled later today.

You get a €1,270 capital gains tax exception per year so it could be a good idea to take that profit if you haven't exceeded the limit so this year.

And if you are confident the TSLA share will go further up, you can sell all your shares now, which will realise your capital gains (just within the tax exception, so no tax is due on it) and immediately buy them all back.

It's a way of spreading your capital gains in such a way as to minimise tax

The Tesla deal alone I did yesterday, sends me over the capital gains tax exception, but I also have a heavily in the red pharma stock. Which I will sell (at a loss) before the end of the year and then buy back, so I also will have no capital gains tax bill this year

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

And if you are confident the TSLA share will go further up, you can sell all your shares now, which will realise your capital gains (just within the tax exception, so no tax is due on it) and immediately buy them all back.

It's a way of spreading your capital gains in such a way as to minimise tax

The Tesla deal alone I did yesterday, sends me over the capital gains tax exception, but I also have a heavily in the red pharma stock. Which I will sell (at a loss) before the end of the year and then buy back, so I also will have no capital gains tax bill this year
    Sorry for off topic but if you make a loss does that loss only cover you for the year in which you made it? You cant write it off against the CGT on a gain you might make 5 years later or whatever?

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Sorry for off topic but if you make a loss does that loss only cover you for the year in which you made it? You cant write it off against the CGT on a gain you might make 5 years later or whatever?

Believe its year by year but ready to be proven wrong.

Advertisement