Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesla/Lithium stocks discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Semi truths? The important part of that is the autopilot didn't detect a truck directly in front it. This accident has happened multiple times over the last three years. But autonomy is 8 months away with no RnD budget?

Who else has consumer limited level 3 out?

Other companies have level 4 tech. Tesla has something between 2 and 3 but are upselling it as autopilot (and getting people killed). The goal is level 5. They're not even in that race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Which cars can I buy right now with level 4?

You can't

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭b4bmm

Semi truths? The important part of that is the autopilot didn't detect a truck directly in front it. This accident has happened multiple times over the last three years. But autonomy is 8 months away with no RnD budget?

Other companies have level 4 tech. Tesla has something between 2 and 3 but are upselling it as autopilot (and getting people killed). The goal is level 5. They're not even in that race.

And again

Go on, explain the semi truths please. It's a semi truth that autopilot misses trucks directly in front of it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Is anyone taking part in entitlement offer with Lepidico? I'll be taking my full allocation. I have to check if I can mop up a few more.

b4bmm wrote: »
    “Elon has committed a multi million Euro fraud against investors”

Lol, Stop talking out of your Ass. Very few investors in Tesla who are in the red.
    Do you actually know what a bag holder means, if you did you would realise how stupid your comment is.

More total garbage from a clueless poster.

This aged well.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭b4bmm

This aged well.

Very few investors would have been in the red when I posted that. What’s your point?

The fat lady has not yet sung.
    Stocks go up and stocks go down.

The fact Musk and Tesla are still around despite all the vested interests against and have no problem raising money whenever needed shows you the story is far from over.

Either way, I don’t have a dollar invested in Tesla which allows me to see both sides of the story without emotion.

Whether you hate what Musk does or if you think he is a crook, he would be no more than a piece of gum on the soles of the shoes of all the crooked and corrupt oil company/auto company executives who have done uncounted multiples worse deeds over many many decades.

Anyone who Denies that is a buffoon and anyone bagging out Musk for what he is doing and not bagging out all those others are at best irrational. He is actually making a difference, whether that’s just a byproduct of him wanting to be the richest man on earth or whatever is open for debate but he is making a difference.

It just makes no rational sense, unless of course you are short the stock.

Ah you get me wrong, I don't post here for people to agree with me. Please point out my semi truths and how I'm not rational. I'm all ears.

from my point of view, stocks go up and down but the trend for tesla for the year has been quite clear, especially versus the indices.

Vested interests? Do you really think big oil cares about Tesla? Do you wear a tin foil hat?

I don't hate Musk. I think he has a clear history of lying to keep his company afloat, he probably justifies it to himself by thinking he's saving the world.

I don't think he's making a difference. The world is going to change from ICE to Electric when it is viable, Musk started off using government and investor money to make sports cars for rich people, he didn't move the dial on electric cars. People are going to switch when it makes economic sense. This isn't the first major transition in history. The future is electric, but it isn't Tesla.

Very few investors would have been in the red when I posted that. What’s your point?

That the poster you said was taking out of his ass was 100% correct. Musk didn't have funding. He lied to his investors. And now they're in the red. How can you read your post back and not pause for reflection? Instead you go on talk of being irrational.

• Advertisement

Short case looking strong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Short case looking strong

Do you have a short? You've missed the boat id say

What makes you think I've missed the boat

• Registered Users Posts: 28,126 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

This is a sitting duck for China to torpedo into oblivion.

What makes you think I've missed the boat

What makes you think it would fall any bit more drastically than it has? That was a massive short gain there, doubt you will see that again.

Good analysis of Elon's letter and the financial situation by Rob at Tesla Daily for May 20

http://techcastdaily.com/

Kilboor wrote: »
    What makes you think it would fall any bit more drastically than it has? That was a massive short gain there, doubt you will see that again.

I was already short. Can't see any reason to cut it.

Data from Robinhood.
    download.png

This is going to be interesting to watch if the decline continues. Will retail hold to zero?

“I bought in at 350 a share and will not sell it I will wait until Tesla goes bankrupt, which wont happen, as they are the car of the future, the Tesla 3 which my business partner just bought is the most sought after car in the world.”

This is the general sentiment on TMC, it's 350+ or bust

I know it gets ignored here every time I bring it up but SolarCity hasn't gone away
    Tesla's 2016 merger with SolarCity saved the residential solar business from the verge of bankruptcy. The $2.6 billion all-stock deal also saw Tesla assume SolarCity's $2.9 billion debt.

Elon Musk sold the merger as a "no brainer." SolarCity would be a natural sales channel for Tesla's Solar Roof tiles, a product Musk claimed was ready to launch commercially.

In the years since the merger, SolarCity's assets have been systematically dismantled, while Tesla solar installations fell into persistent decline. Solar Roof mass production has thus far failed to happen.

Tesla continues to promise the imminent ramp of Solar Roof, but few observers consider this credible anymore. The product appears to still be caught in late-stage design.

Tesla faces potentially devastating civil liability from class-action lawsuits alleging Musk's self-dealing during the SolarCity merger. The company's efforts to backfill with fresh promises are not likely to impress the judges.

By any objective measure, Tesla’s (TSLA) solar energy business is in a state of persistent decline. The solar installation industry as a whole, meanwhile, has evolved into commodity business. Thus, Tesla’s recent decision to sell residential solar panels at a 16% discount appears destined to result in even steeper losses.

https://twitter.com/AlmingtonCap/status/1130782014397976576

Morgan Stanley has cut its bear forecast on Tesla from $97 to just $10, citing concerns about the company's debt load and geopolitical exposure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭thisonetaken

Morgan Stanley has cut its bear forecast on Tesla from $97 to just $10, citing concerns about the company's debt load and geopolitical exposure.

They also have prices target of $230 and $391 on the stock, surprised they just stopped at 3 price targets, why not give 10, more chance of being right then :rolleyes:

Anyone still long? What price will you hold it to?

Tempted to go long. Big cap ex with china factory atm, and the worries around tariffs an China. Once factory is complete and Trump even tweets the slightest hint of a deal it'll jump at least 15-20%. Is this the bottom though, that's the question right now.

Trade war isn't that big of a factor. The underwriters from the last raise are talking about bankruptcy and the company being worth less than its debt. Why would this be the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

RTQ $182.50

b4bmm wrote: »
    It just makes no rational sense, unless of course you are short the stock.

Made rational sense to be short the stock.

I'm still long.

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musks-leaked-tesla-email-says-demand-still-high-2019-5?r=US&IR=T

The only thing still high is Elon.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,126 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I only recently bought, and have no intention of selling until I'm well in the black. Even the analysts with short term vision are all over the shop on this. From the above link:

"15 analysts polled rate the stock as sell, with 10 saying hold, and 11 telling clients to buy"

LOL :D

I've no liquidity in my fund at the moment, and don't want to sell anything else, but if I did, I would buy more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,126 ✭✭✭✭unkel

The only thing still high is Elon.

The only other major contender in the EV market and the worlds biggest car maker (Volkswagen) has also had a shocker of a month in their share price drop as you and I well know :(

Advertisement