Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesla/Lithium stocks discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Wondering if it's a good entry point into VW now?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,989 ✭✭✭✭unkel

If I didn't have VW (Porsche) already, I sure would consider buying some now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Sabre Man wrote: »

Yeah he releases positive numbers through a leaked email after the SP gets battered, gonna be a bit sceptical.

In other news, genius Musk waits until the share price drops to raise money...and then doesn't even raise enough to buy toilet paper.

Tesla’s new cost cutting-effort is going all the way down to toilet paper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Yeah he releases positive numbers through a leaked email after the SP gets battered, gonna be a bit sceptical.

In other news, genius Musk waits until the share price drops to raise money...and then doesn't even raise enough to buy toilet paper.

Tesla’s new cost cutting-effort is going all the way down to toilet paper

I genuinely like this style of management.

Having the CFO spending all his time signing off on basic expenses? I mean, that and building cars in tents is an unique approach to business, not quite sure it's the future though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Having the CFO spending all his time signing off on basic expenses? I mean, that and building cars in tents is an unique approach to business, not quite sure it's the future though.

I've seen it in other companies. It's not unusual when it comes to cost cutting. In reality the CFO will not be investigating every invoice or expenses claim submitted. In a company that big it would be a full time job for a few people at least. They say that so it puts the shíts up any one submitting expenses and reduce the chance of people submitting something they're not meant to. There probably will be increased scrutiny over expenses though.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭b4bmm

Ferrari crashed and burst into flames.
    One dead, passenger getting treatment with bad burns.
    Amount of global headlines received for this crash……..ZERO.
    ICE vs Battery safety propaganda continues.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-25/one-dead-after-stolen-ferrari-crashes-in-north-perth/11149766

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Shai

b4bmm wrote: »
    Ferrari crashed and burst into flames.
    One dead, passenger getting treatment with bad burns.
    Amount of global headlines received for this crash……..ZERO.
    ICE vs Battery safety propaganda continues.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-25/one-dead-after-stolen-ferrari-crashes-in-north-perth/11149766
    the ferrari caught fire after a crash. The tesla caught fire when sitting in a parking garage. Tiny bit of a difference, no?

Wasn't expecting a post from b4bmm unless the share price was 250+! :pac:

Shai wrote: »
    the ferrari caught fire after a crash. The tesla caught fire when sitting in a parking garage. Tiny bit of a difference, no?

If it caught fire after a crash then there are people in the vehicle, as seen by the death and serious burns. Catching fire in a parking garage likely means reduced risk of deaths, Yes a difference, Which is worse?

Point being, you very very very rarely hear about an ICE catching fire. A Tesla catching fire is global headlines everywhere despite the fact there is no evidence they are more hazardous. On the contrary;

“The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration sponsored a study on the questions of electric vehicles and fires in 2017, which concluded that “the propensity and severity of fires and explosions from the accidental ignition of flammable electrolytic solvents used in [lithium-ion] battery systems are anticipated to be somewhat comparable to or perhaps slightly less than those for gasoline or diesel vehicular fuels.”

Propaganda

• Advertisement

758106.jpg?b64lines=IOKZqiBXSE8gSE9MRFMKIEJBQ0sgVEhFIEVMRUNUUklDIENBUj8g4pmq

It's a conspiracy!

“But last year, VW CEO Herbert Diess said that he doesn’t want to become dependent on those manufacturers:

“We must not make ourselves dependent on a few Asian manufacturers in the long term,”

They are now considering building their battery factories again, but they have to work with suppliers in the meantime.”

Whoops. All These guys are years behind Tesla and have NFI what they are doing. Are Tesla too early to the game though, they need to start turning a buck.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Isn't it Panasonic that supplies Tesla with their batteries. I'd assume they know what there doing.

Margin rates going up for Tesla shares, even the brokerages are in on the conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Made in China Model 3 SR+ will cost about the same as a BMW 3 series and Mercedes C class. Deliveries should start in 6 to 10 months.

I think I read a few weeks ago that build of the Gigafactory 3 (China) was complete externally. Would be incredible progress if they started turning out cars in 10 months time. I'll believe it when I see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Oh lord won't you buy me a Tesla just doesn't have the same ring to it....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Below $180 now and falling.

Oh lord won't you buy me a Tesla just doesn't have the same ring to it....

I already own a Porsche and a Mercedes-Benz :p

TSLA is up over 8% today.

• Advertisement

This should be interesting.
    https://www.tesla.com/shareholdermeeting

And it was interesting. Pretty impressive that the Model 3 now generates more revenue than any other car in the US. More than number 2, the Toyota Camry and number 3, the Honda Accord

And the affirmation that demand > supply for the Model 3. There has been a lot of FUD and fake news about this stating otherwise.

My daughter is doing her junior cert French tomorrow. I explained to her what etron means in French only a few days ago. I was pleasantly surprised Elon mentioned this after showing his graph with the Audi at the very bottom in terms of efficiency :D

Guesses on the share price movement tomorrow? I'll start the ball rolling with 3% up on the day.

Down 3% for the day :p

Bob Lutz is impressed by the Model 3 panel gaps and paint quality

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a28008116/tesla-model-3-build-quality-bob-lutz/

Q2 deliveries: 95,000! A new record and much better than expected. TSLA is up over 5% after market close.

https://electrek.co/2019/07/02/tesla-global-delivery-record-q2-2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

Credit to Elon. RIP combustion engines!

More good news.

Tesla (TSLA) rises amid hints of Fremont plant’s production boost, new hiring ramp
    https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-tsla-rises-leaked-memo-model-3-production-boost-hiring-ramp/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

He's looking for a job on there now...

More money than sense anyway...

Advertisement