Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

kn wrote: »
    My reading of it is that the first month is pro-rata to the number of days its activated plus the activation charge.

According to CS agents, that would be incorrect, there is no pro rata, your 9.99 activation fee covers the month in which you join in, on the fist of the following month you will be charged 9.99 again. So anyone who signed up in the last week all paid their 9.99 already and we will all be billed again on the 1st November with the money being taken around 7/8th of November

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Has anyone else activated their GoMo Sim and then received a text from "Ion Mobile" to say that credit limit had been reached?

I opted to keep my old Eir number, set time for 11am and put in new sim after old Eir sim had stopped working.

I am receiving calls and texts as normal but do I have to wait until 8th Nov. before I can make calls and send texts?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭_John C

Has anyone else activated their GoMo Sim and then received a text from "Ion Mobile" to say that credit limit had been reached?

I opted to keep my old Eir number, set time for 11am and put in new sim after old Eir sim had stopped working.

I am receiving calls and texts as normal but do I have to wait until 8th Nov. before I can make calls and send texts?

Give it up to 24 hours and it should be sorted. Happened to a few here on this thread including myself
    https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058023141/187/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

_John C wrote: »
    Give it up to 24 hours and it should be sorted. Happened to a few here on this thread including myself

Ah good, that's what I was hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭alanowx

scarepanda wrote: »
    Thank you! I noticed that mentioned in a post since. The Gomo account is in my name and the package was addressed to me so I hadn't paid any heed to the package details. Now to get the second SIM. Many others have two Sims come separately? How long were you waiting for the second SIM?

Perhaps try this if you mislaid the package.

Go into MyGoMo and click Account Details

If you can see the 085 numbers that have been assigned to you ( use down arrow if necessary under box heading
    " I want to see details for" then go down and click
    Move my Number. (if its already scheduled)
    Click Update my Move.
    Your existing mobile no that you want to port should be prompted in for you in the Move Status screen.

If necessary go back and change the assigned 085 no and repeat the steps in order to determine what is assigned to what.

Update 24th PM

This may not be relevant to many but I'd like to correct the information I gave above. (Relevant to those that ordered 2 sims on one account with porting of one or both numbers and now wonder which new 085 sim belongs to what old number, when they arrive together or within a day or two of each other)

I received my 2nd sim today,only added to my account on 21st, the one for which I did not request a port. I noticed that the package marking again showed the same 087 number that was on my earlier delivery for which I did request a port

I now assume that this refers only to the contact number I gave at registration and was coincidental that it was also the number I was porting.

Conclusion therefore is to rely solely on what's in MyGoMo account setting as outlined above and to ignore what Telephone number is on the An Post package if you follow me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

physioman wrote: »
    Having a disaster with gomo. Ended up cancelling

<snipped chat log>

Basically cancelled after that

IMO you haven't been very friendly and not at all reasonable. Sh1t happens and I'm sure they do have large volumes to deal with. Give the girl a break. And now you're not taking it because you may have to wait 10 days. You'd rather keep paying whatever you're paying instead.

I mean last week you didn't even know about this, how can a few days of waiting now be a deal breaker?

Each to their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

darrent065 wrote: »
    in the same boat myself.

Same here. I'd say plenty are experiencing this - I ordered on the 15th. No Sim, no number.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Same here. I'd say plenty are experiencing this - I ordered on the 15th. No Sim, no number.

I’m a bit concerned that I ordered last week and set a port date of tomorrow morning but still no SIM and order is still in process(no number assigned yet).

Is there a chance that my existing service gets turned off tomorrow? Or will they automatically postpone that?
    I’m not able to change the port date, as my number isn’t assigned yet on the my gomo site.

Any advice welcome?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

ctlsleh wrote: »
    I’m a bit concerned that I ordered last week and set a port date of tomorrow morning but still no SIM and order is still in process(no number assigned yet).

Is there a chance that my existing service gets turned off tomorrow? Or will they automatically postpone that?
    I’m not able to change the port date, as my number isn’t assigned yet on the my gomo site.

Any advice welcome?

Your port date will be automatically pushed out by a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Said I would give these lads a try...

Anyone on here from Carlow getting decent speeds on with gomo?? disappointed if this is the best I'm gonna get but as least I haven't ported my number yet,will give it a week to see if it improves...

Not sure how it can be so lopsided in terms of the up and download,if they were the other way around in terms of speed it wouldn't be too bad :D

nJZVj3I.jpg?3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

celticsfan wrote: »
    Said I would give these lads a try...

Anyone on here from Carlow getting decent speeds on with gomo?? disappointed if this is the best I'm gonna get but as least I haven't ported my number yet,will give it a week to see if it improves...

Not sure how it can be so lopsided in terms of the up and download,if they were the other way around in terms of speed it wouldn't be too bad :D

nJZVj3I.jpg?3

Have Blacknight got mobile masts on their data center?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Lol
    Speed tests are based on the connection to the local testing server, doesn't mean it's your real speed or what you are getting from sites you visit etc, they could be overloaded when doing your test

Always worth testing with a few different servers
    Don't think anyone has made that point about speed tests yet

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

fritzelly wrote: »
    Lol
    Speed tests are based on the connection to the local testing server, doesn't mean it's your real speed or what you are getting from sites you visit etc, they could be overloaded when doing your test

Always worth testing with a few different servers
    Don't think anyone has made that point about speed tests yet

Tried different servers,few different speed test apps also..all with the same results give or take...

Will prob stick with my current provider for the better internet coverage...use it for the android auto in the car etc

This article covers the Pros & Cons pretty well

https://goosed.ie/gomo-whats-the-catch/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Only one con - ludicrous non-EU roaming rates. 5 grand per GB mentioned - lol.

https://gomo.ie/pricing/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Hi.

Sorry if this has been asked 10 dozen times.

I was just trying to set up voicemail by dialing 171. But it says my number is invalid.

Have they fixed the issues encountered with voicemail yet?

Edit
    post 2251 gave me the answer.

Should be fixed in the coming days

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Anyone expecting cheap roaming outside the EU paying a tenner a month would be an ídiot, what other network plan gives you included ex eu roaming in their plan

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Exactly the same as Eir.

Your sentences are incongruous and make little sense. I just pointed out the expensive non-EU roaming charges. No one said anything about "included ex eu roaming in their plan ".

GM228 wrote: »
    Exactly the same as Eir.

Then there's no con.

EDIT: Just checked Virgin Mobile roaming rates too, €7.00 per MB outside the EU so even more expensive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Then there's no con.

EDIT: Just checked Virgin Mobile roaming rates too, €7.00 per MB outside the EU so even more expensive!

Eir/GoMo are actually amongst the cheapest at €5,110 per GB, only Three are slightly cheaper at €5,080 per GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

Have Blacknight got mobile masts on their data center?

Im in Kilkenny - and getting approx 20-25mb - then went to Waterford on Tuesday and 4G+ appeared - I was like whats this - done the speed test and it was like 64mb-70mb faster then partners Vodafone I was like holy ****! 9.99 a month! this is pretty awsum - its early days - GoMo will up the speed if its not right and people are complaining in fairness their marketing team are probably delighted its gone so well!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

Then there's no con.

Just one slight advantage of eir vs GoMo - eir let you use WiFi Calling to bypass non-EU roaming charges entirely when you have access to WiFi abroad. Eir are the only Irish network to offer this, so GoMo customers coming from any other network have nothing to lose. If you are already on €9.99 SIMO plan from eir, there may be little reason to change. If you are with anyone else it is a no brainer.

Just one slight advantage of eir vs GoMo - eir let you use WiFi Calling to bypass non-EU roaming charges entirely when you have access to WiFi abroad. Eir are the only Irish network to offer this, so GoMo customers coming from any other network have nothing to lose. If you are already on €9.99 SIMO plan from eir, there may be little reason to change. If you are with anyone else it is a no brainer.

Can't you use the likes of Whatsapp over Wifi to make calls while roaming?

Can't you use the likes of Whatsapp over Wifi to make calls while roaming?

you can do so yes - but WIFI calling is different its basically direct from one contact to someone else who's not on WIFI basically it uses the WIFI as the signal and then redirects it to the other person. Think of it like using an internet telephone company to reroute your call to the other area.

Oige1981 wrote: »
    you can do so yes - but WIFI calling is different its basically direct from one contact to someone else who's not on WIFI basically it uses the WIFI as the signal and then redirects it to the other person. Think of it like using an internet telephone company to reroute your call to the other area.

So WiFi calling is VOIP?

So WiFi calling is VOIP?

Basically yes - if it cannot lock on to a network signal it ill use WIFI instead. Ive never needed it personally but I suppose handy to have.

Oige1981 wrote: »
    Basically yes - if it cannot lock on to a network signal it ill use WIFI instead. Ive never needed it personally but I suppose handy to have.

How should one cover themselves regarding incoming calls while roaming outside the EU, or can they?

You are charged crazy prices for incoming too, right?

Maybe buy a local throw away SIM & put your home one in your pocket :)

How should one cover themselves regarding incoming calls while roaming outside the EU, or can they?

You are charged crazy prices for incoming too, right?

If you had another SIM from the country you are visiting could you forward on the call to that number or would that cost allot? If I am in the EU Im with Tesco but porting my number soon at the minute just using the 085 number that came with GOMO but other then that Ill just leave it to voicemail if its going to cost allot of money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

If you've a dual sim phone,you could divert to a Vodafone payg with red roaming activated
    Max cost per day outside the EUthen is either 2.99 or 4.99 for unlimited incoming and outgoing calls depending on price plan set up,depending on the country and 200mb data per day

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement