Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aylarth

Anyone who could register on gomo.ie for their SIM Only service - how did you do it? Every time I visit the site and fulfill the registration steps with the information provided for each field, after clicking on "Pay", I am getting an error "Oops... An error occurred, please try again in a few minutes"

I spoke with their support via online chat a number of times and they said its due to the huge volume of interest and that I should avoid using Chrome browser... I did use Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Opera, even the old Internet Explorer as well... no joy so far.

Anyone knows the solution, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭comput1

Has anyone used it in a SIM card/4g modem? I’m using the tplink TL-MR6400 and it seems a lot slower there compared to in my phone handset?

Sometimes all the 4g lte status page goes completely blank and the internet cuts out. Never noticed this with vodafone.

I’ve searched the thread and found APN for the handset. Would it be different apn in the modem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭bromley52

Just one slight advantage of eir vs GoMo - eir let you use WiFi Calling to bypass non-EU roaming charges entirely when you have access to WiFi abroad. Eir are the only Irish network to offer this, so GoMo customers coming from any other network have nothing to lose. If you are already on €9.99 SIMO plan from eir, there may be little reason to change. If you are with anyone else it is a no brainer.

I have WiFi calling with Eir and lately (2 months) the call quality on it is rubbish. I could be sitting next to my router and the call breaks up badly. So much so I have to turn it off and move to a part of the house where I can get a good signal to make a call.
    It is also a pain in the ass because if you move out of WiFi range the call drops. There is no automatic switch over to the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

Mortelaro wrote: »
    If you've a dual sim phone,you could divert to a Vodafone payg with red roaming activated
    Max cost per day outside the EUthen is either 2.99 or 4.99 for unlimited incoming and outgoing calls depending on price plan set up,depending on the country and 200mb data per day
    I travel quite a bit to the US for work and have a 3 UK PAYG sim, £15 gets me 5GB of data to use in the US and I use WhatsApp for making calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

Ordered 2 SIMs on 17th, both arrived together yesterday, 23rd.

Popped one SIM into my dual SIM Moto G5S this morning and working a charm.

Speedtest is 50.4 down / 25.7 up (LTE), compared to TM 9.91 down / 2.59 up (3G) in same location (Booterstown).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

Can't you use the likes of Whatsapp over Wifi to make calls while roaming?

WhatsApp is fine for calling your friends, but not much use for making/receiving calls to/from business contacts such as your bank, GP, hospitals etc. Also those security texts that you get from banks dont work over WhatsApp. With WiFi calling you can switch off roaming entirely and make/receive calls as if you were at home. Big savings if you travel outside EU. You must have good WiFi that isnt overloaded with other users or applications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

celticsfan wrote: »
    Said I would give these lads a try...

Anyone on here from Carlow getting decent speeds on with gomo?? disappointed if this is the best I'm gonna get but as least I haven't ported my number yet,will give it a week to see if it improves...

Not sure how it can be so lopsided in terms of the up and download,if they were the other way around in terms of speed it wouldn't be too bad :D

nJZVj3I.jpg?3

that's similar to my multiple server tests during the day for 4G at home.

After 9/10pm till about 7am it's completely different so I conclude contention is the problem for me, dammit!
    However, test out your 3G/H+, I got very good speeds for that I know it's not the shiny 4G we all expect now but I can do anything I want with it that 4G can do.
    Also, out and about is fine for my 4G so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭larchielads

Hey lads tryin to port my number but it wants to know my account type it gave me 4 options but i dont know which one i am, currenty with vm 25 a month deal

Chat on gomo not available

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭aristotle25

You are on single line, post pay.

Which means you are bill pay, and only one mobile number on your account..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Bill Pay SIM Only, I would assume?

Edit: Post Pay Single Line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Ported over from VM yesterday.

I had a few issues which were easy to resolve:

1) My iphone 6 changed the "my number" in settings to the new Eir number which I had to manually overwrite in settings, phone....
    2) IMessage and Facetime seemed to get stuck to the new Eir number. I had to reset network settings on the phone and wait overnigth for them to update to my old number

In Dublin 3 this morning at 6am I was seeing download speeds of 50MB which has dropped to 18MB now at 8.30am. But no issue, I can stream music on Deezer so happy with this.

Post pay single line, post pay multi line, prepay registeted and prepay unregistered are the options gomo is givin me

Thanks for the replys lads just playin the waitin game now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

I wonder when will we know if the 100,000 is reached ? and when happens after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Oige1981 wrote: »
    Basically yes - if it cannot lock on to a network signal it ill use WIFI instead. Ive never needed it personally but I suppose handy to have.

Used it a few occasions with eir. Quality was terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Ordered Sun night, arrived this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Arrived, set up but data is not working, number ported, anyone have this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Sorry for the silly question.
    Just trying to do this before I head into work.

I have two numbers on my account with Eir. I want to swap them both over to gomo.
    What option do I choose?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

iggy wrote: »

I have two numbers on my account with Eir. I want to swap them both over to gomo.
    What option do I choose?
    Thanks

You can have two sims on gomo account. Myself and the missus are set up on my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭djdunny

iggy wrote: »

What option do I choose?
    Thanks

Post pay multi line if both numbers are on the same account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Your port date will be automatically pushed out by a few days

Not in all cases. Mine ported on Tuesday, have yet to receive the sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭djdunny

Have you checked to see if the APN settings are correct. Sometimes they can remain as the previous carriers settings and may need to be updated manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Post pay single line, post pay multi line, prepay registeted and prepay unregistered are the options gomo is givin me

So which one did you chose? You were on Virgin SIM Only, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Switching off /on the phone sorted that issue for me. Working fine since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Anyone planning roaming outside EEA countries should check out the charges first!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

What way are they processing the orders?

Ordered on 17/10 and still no sim and no number attached to account.

Some others ordered after the 17th and they have theirs.

I wonder if orders with ports are taking longer than orders with no ports at time of ordering?

Ah well....will be worth the wait I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

signing up here, have they changed the process so you don't choose your porting date on SIM order?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

podge018 wrote: »
    signing up here, have they changed the process so you don't choose your porting date on SIM order?

Looks to be the case. There used to be a toggle under each SIM in the basket, but now tells you to login after getting your SIM. I guess it's because they can't guarantee when you get the SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Popple3 wrote: »
    Looks to be the case. There used to be a toggle under each SIM in the basket, but now tells you to login after getting your SIM. I guess it's because they can't guarantee when you get the SIM.

Bit worried about that now - I ordered 2 sims (through 2 different accounts) on the 16th - got one delivered on Tuesday 22nd, with new number appearing on my account the day before.
    Still no sign or update on the second sim, and still no number assigned to that account. Guessing now it's unlikely to get it before this weekend. I stupidly set the port date to this Saturday 26th for the sim that hasn't arrived yet when signing up - better not lose service on the number being ported if no sim arrives...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

You shouldn't
    My port date was set for this morning @ 9am
    I am still on my current network.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement