Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

Bit worried about that now - I ordered 2 sims (through 2 different accounts) on the 16th - got one delivered on Tuesday 22nd, with new number appearing on my account the day before.
    Still no sign or update on the second sim, and still no number assigned to that account. Guessing now it's unlikely to get it before this weekend. I stupidly set the port date to this Saturday 26th for the sim that hasn't arrived yet when signing up - better not lose service on the number being ported if no sim arrives...

If there's no number assigned, that'd suggest there's no number to port you onto anyway. They seem to be pushing back port dates based on deliveries though. I guess keep an eye out for a number in your account and change it ASAP just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I am currently with Eir bill pay and will be porting over end of the month, do I need to tell them of does the old account and billing close automatically?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Arrived, set up but data is not working, number ported, anyone have this issue?

Is it an iPhone? I have to change the mobile data APN setting on my one, it was still reference upcmobile, I changed it to data.myeirmobile.ie and it worked fine then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭larchielads

So which one did you chose? You were on Virgin SIM Only, right?

Post pay single line, out in the browns road area in waterford, speeds aint great lads, less than 5mb on 4g

My phone number hasnt changed to my own number but can make calls but speeds are as above

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Craftylee

So I received my Sim this morning - it receives no signal and says it's not provisioned. On the GoMo website my order still shows as 'In progress' with no service/number attached to my account. There's also no link to livechat on there website anymore - greaaat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I am currently with Eir bill pay and will be porting over end of the month, do I need to tell them of does the old account and billing close automatically?

If in contract still you need to tell them. Is there a minimum notice period on terms?

Otherwise porting over cancels you as a customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Craftylee wrote: »
    So I received my Sim this morning - it receives no signal and says it's not provisioned. On the GoMo website my order still shows as 'In progress' with no service/number attached to my account. There's also no link to livechat on there website anymore - greaaat

Chill, it will eventually go through, continue using your old SIM until it drops.

Live chat is working just go on every so often if you need to but they're just so busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Compared the Data speeds here in Galway with Virgin Media and we are seeing 22mb/s Download with GOMO, 46mb/s with Virgin.
    For the price I guess no complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Mine arrived yesterday while I was out. Port was scheduled for 12.00 today. Woke up early and decided to log into the account and try port earlier. At 7.45 I changed my port schedule to 8.00 this morning. At 8.03 I got a message from three saying the port had been authorised. At 8.10 my three connection died and I popped in the new SIM card.
    Working perfectly since with better reception and much faster speeds than 3 so far.

Bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭alanowx

comput1 wrote: »
    Has anyone used it in a SIM card/4g modem? I’m using the tplink TL-MR6400 and it seems a lot slower there compared to in my phone handset?

Sometimes all the 4g lte status page goes completely blank and the internet cuts out. Never noticed this with vodafone.

I’ve searched the thread and found APN for the handset. Would it be different apn in the modem?

Just tested the sim in my own Huawei E5186 modem. It auto configured to 4G no problem. Profile Name says Broadband to go as default with the APN shown as broadband.mymeteor.ie

Cant view actual settings but see no speed reductions or dropouts at my location compared to phone.

My modem, using Vodafone, was always set to 4G only band 20 (800mhz). I have noticed that this sim is also picking up 4G band 3 (1800mhz) but weaker,-114dBm as apposed to -77dBm on band 20 in my case.

Wonder is there any chance of Carrier Aggregation between band 20 and band 3 if signals were stronger. My router doesn't have it but one of my phones do, must go on a road trip closer to masts, would be cool to see 4G+ come up for first time.

It may be no harm to go into your your modems home page and check out your network settings, apn and preferred mode and set it an actual frequency as apposed to leaving it on Auto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭turbbo

ordered sim last wednesday - still waiting ordered sims for my parents on thursday last and they got them 2 days ago
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Got my SIM this morning, ordered it last Thursday night. Popped it in my phone. Put in the PIN, working straight away. 40Mbps download speed using Speedtest on mobile here in Salthill. Will try it out over the weekend before I port my number. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

93e1156692af7f46dcc5bca6b64c8814.png

Slow ones are at home.
    Fast one at work.
    I live in a Faraday cage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

lighthouse wrote: »
    Got my SIM this morning, ordered it last Thursday night. Popped it in my phone. Put in the PIN, working straight away. 40Mbps download speed using Speedtest on mobile here in Salthill. Will try it out over the weekend before I port my number. :)

Ordered mine on Thursday too, hopefully will see it in the post today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭done4now

turbbo wrote: »
    ordered sim last wednesday - still waiting ordered sims for my parents on thursday last and they got them 2 days ago
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Similar to me. Ordered for myself on Thursday morning and then on Saturday I ordered for my mother. She got the SIM Card today and had a number assigned to her account yesterday while I am still waiting for number to be assigned and the SIM card :(

Only difference is that my delivery address is in Dublin while hers is not.

Bit annoying as I've been out of contract with my current provider since Friday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Ordered mine on Thursday too, hopefully will see it in the post today :D

I got a text and email saying it was coming and it surely did :D:pac::)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

If in contract still you need to tell them. Is there a minimum notice period on terms?

Otherwise porting over cancels you as a customer.

No, just a 30 day bill pay sim only.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

There have been a few issues with hotmail accounts reported in this thread, myself included. I did get the inital email from them though so it doesn't look good if you've received nothing at all. Did you get an SMS when you signed up with your order number and login email?

Damn, signed up with my Hotmail address about an hour ago but still nothing in my inbox.

received nothing at all but will wait a while as they might be experiencing huge demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Happy4

Hope this isn't a silly question.. ordered 2 sims.. one for me (porting over my number) and a new one for my daughter.. 2 sim cards have 2 new numbers assigned.. is that right? how do I know which one is mine?:rolleyes:

edit... looks like I just pick either number and port on their website.. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Eir have launched their 5G

It will cost existing eir broadband customers €49.99 a month and new customers €59.99.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/1024/1085356-eir-launches-its-5g-network-in-10-towns-and-cities/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Eir have launched their 5G

It will cost existing eir broadband customers €49.99 a month and new customers €59.99.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/1024/1085356-eir-launches-its-5g-network-in-10-towns-and-cities/

And some people seem to think it will be available on GoMo, personally I dont see them offering it
    Initially the service will be on offer through the Connect Plus plan.

This includes unlimited data (with a fair usage cap of 80GB), unlimited calls and texts, 100 international minutes and texts and access to the new eir Sport App.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 stevie_d

Must be really busy,else an ominous sign, popped sim in yesterday, told must leave sim in, less than 24 hrs before activation, gone by 24hrs, trying to get someone on chat over 40 minutes now, how can they expect folk to go more than a day without service

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Gazzmonkey wrote: »
    Damn, signed up with my Hotmail address about an hour ago but still nothing in my inbox.

received nothing at all but will wait a while as they might be experiencing huge demand.

Seems to be a problem with Hotmail accounts reading some posts on here.

I've having similar issues failing to login online.
    I have contacted them on Facebook yesterday evening and not received a reply.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    And some people seem to think it will be available on GoMo, personally I dont see them offering it

They might well offer it down the line but if they do it will be a different plan @ a different price.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

Esse85 wrote: »
    Seems to be a problem with Hotmail accounts reading some posts on here.

I've having similar issues failing to login online.
    I have contacted them on Facebook yesterday evening and not received a reply.

Yeah I used my hotmail and received no emails as soon as I used a gmail account it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just an update
    Voicemail is now working
    I had made the mistake of changing the voicemail number in my phone to 086 5 xxxxxxxx
    Thinking that was why it wasn't working. Changed it back to 171 and all good.

Chat is absent on the website. I have a chat window open for over an hour.. " next available customer service rep will be with you shortly"
    Speed is all over the place.
    I got this at home this morning
    493649.jpg

But getting poor speed at the moment in work

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

If anyone is having issues getting their account details to load and therefore can't click "Move My Number" to update their porting date, I was able to go directly to the porting page and update it without issue: https://my.gomo.ie/portIn

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

nihicib2 wrote: »
    Yeah I used my hotmail and received no emails as soon as I used a gmail account it worked

Tried that, same problem.

So my Hotmail and my Gmail accounts are not usable?

This might be an indication of life with mobo going forward, think I'll have to pass unfortunately.

But guaranteed they'll start sending me marketing sh1te soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

This might be an indication of life with mobo going forward, think I'll have to pass unfortunately.

Gmail works

• Advertisement

There have been no reports I've seen here regarding problems on signup using Gmail. Maybe they've hit the 100.000 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement