Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I swapped over last week & ported on Monday, so far:
    • Phone is able to make calls
    • SMS working
    • My email from multiple accounts is working
    • Data is fast, haven't checked exactly how fast, but it isn't stopping me using it as quickly as before
    • Voicemail is propbably working (I don't use it)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

Can someone please clarify this...

Can I or can I not use the gomo sim card in a dongle for mobile broadband? ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

frosty123 wrote: »
    Can soneone please clarify this...

Probably

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

There have been no reports I've seen here regarding problems on signup using Gmail. Maybe they've hit the 100.000 :)

Yeah maybe, but this is the text on the gomo site after trying gmail

Thank you !

An email has been sent to the email account you registered with.
    To complete your registration, you will need to click on the link provided in the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Gazzmonkey wrote: »
    Yeah maybe, but this is the text on the gomo site after trying gmail

Thank you !

An email has been sent to the email account you registered with.
    To complete your registration, you will need to click on the link provided in the email.

I take it you've checked SPAM folder?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

Craftylee wrote: »
    So I received my Sim this morning - it receives no signal and says it's not provisioned. On the GoMo website my order still shows as 'In progress' with no service/number attached to my account. There's also no link to livechat on there website anymore - greaaat

Mine was the same for the sim and nothing chest were asking me stupid questions etc it’s only when the second sim arrives or when the website shows a number attached did mine work hand in there as for the value it’s unbelievable. Use Twitter to contact them much easier then getting fed up with chat like I was, agents don’t realise unless the online account shows a number attached the sim won’t work and tell tell you to do XYZ which won’t help until as I’ve said above.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Does anyone know if Call Catcher works, I had it on Eir but not sure if its on my GoMo account, haven't had a call catcher text since last Friday. I just left myself a voicemail, so can confirm that all is fine with the Voicemail now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Ordered for my daughter last Wednesday finally arrived yesterday (Wexford) after it went on a little holiday to Athlone first :rolleyes:

Port time 10 am this morning,from lycamobile, all sorted and working by 10.15

I take it you've checked SPAM folder?

No actually I didn't lol

Checked there now thinking it must be there, but no its not.

So I'm the first Gmail fail.... great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Experiencing my first issues with coverage this morning/afternoon. Sitting in the same spot that I have been for the past couple of days, but now getting practically no signal ...

Was getting between 10 and 20 mbps download on speedtest in previous days - haven't even been able to get a result out of it today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Was due to port last Monday, nothing. Got on to them today and was told they're having porting difficulties. Sounds like a fob off.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 PantlessNoodle

Hey guys recieved my sim this aftertoon, threw my sim card in to my huawei 315s router and done a speed test. Here are the results. I live pretty rural and was with three before but the 4G was dodgy. This seems to be a solid 4/5 bar connection and i have no external antenna attached.

493652.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

Aquos76 wrote: »
    EIR have launched their 5G.........
    This includes unlimited data (with a fair usage cap of 80GB), unlimited calls and texts, 100 international minutes and texts and access to the new eir Sport App

80GB cap on a 5G service ?? What do you do for the other 29 days !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Can I move my port date forward? Has anyone done it and been successful? My date isn't until the 31st,but I'd be just as happy to do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 PantlessNoodle

Hibernicis wrote: »
    80GB cap on a 5G service ?? What do you do for the other 29 days !!
    It's fair usage so if you go over 80gb they will limit the speed but you won't get cut off or charged and that is only if you are impacting others in the area. So if you live in an area where very few leech from that particular mast then the chances are you wont be hit with the fair usage.

But i agree 80gb fair usage cap on a service so fast is silly. 5G will eat that in no time especially if you don't monitor your data.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭ULMarc

bromley52 wrote: »
    Eir can block premium calls and texts so hopefully gomo can do the same. 1850, 1890, 0818, and 076 will be included in any bundled min after Dec 1st.

Has anyone requested blocking premium numbers yet? How did it go. And could there be anything else we can restrict to avoid unexpected charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Gazzmonkey wrote: »
    No actually I didn't lol

Checked there now thinking it must be there, but no its not.

So I'm the first Gmail fail.... great

I went to their contact us page to explain the issue, the page wouldn't send while I had my Hotmail email address listed, I had to change it to Gmail.
    Will update if I get a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Esse85 wrote: »
    I went to their contact us page to explain the issue, the page wouldn't send while I had my Hotmail email address listed, I had to change it to Gmail.

Hope you get sorted

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Hey guys, just a question on this post pay multi line. Currently my parents are on a business contract with 3 and there is a "parent account number" and then two individual account number for their phones. When I select the multi line should I put in the parent account number or their individual account number connected to their phone number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Kalyke

frosty123 wrote: »
    Can someone please clarify this...

You definitely can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Ignore: Found answer by searching thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

lighthouse wrote: »
    I got a text and email saying it was coming and it surely did :D:pac::)

I didn't so it won't be today then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Can I move my port date forward? Has anyone done it and been successful? My date isn't until the 31st,but I'd be just as happy to do it now.

Yes changed from tomorrow to this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭glwaymiko

Yes I did, moved from 1/11 to 23/10 no problems,all done in 30mins
    Great value for the price so far ...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

There have been no reports I've seen here regarding problems on signup using Gmail. Maybe they've hit the 100.000 :)

I've had no email from them either (Gmail).
    Maybe I mistakenly selected not to receive emails from them, not sure.

I'm due to port on Saturday but have no idea if my order has been processed as I haven't been charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

NATLOR wrote: »
    Yes changed from tomorrow to this morning

How did you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi all,
    Popped the GoMo SIM into my dual SIM Note 10 Plus and have it set for SMS, calls and data. All seems OK so far, will hold off a while to port. But I did notice a new WiFi Calling toggle in the settings that appeared as soon as I set the SIM up for SMS, calls and data, has anyone else noticed this? What is Wifi calling anyhow?

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Port has not gone through and no way to cancel it and cannot get onto their web chat.

Anyone else having problems with porting?

Esse85 wrote: »

I may have made a boo boo

I'm only now noticing that I'm meant to order service first before submitting email address.

I was trying to submit email address first to get registered then buy sim which might not be the right way to do it.

So that could explain why I'm seeing no welcome email.

Dufus comes to mind :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I've had no email from them either (Gmail).
    Maybe I mistakenly selected not to receive emails from them, not sure.

I'm due to port on Saturday but have no idea if my order has been processed as I haven't been charged.

I've just heard back from them:

Hi,
    Revolut cards aren't accepted. You may need to order this again but we only accept Irish credit or debit cards.
    Kind Regards,

GoMo Customer Care

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement