Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

lawred2 wrote: »
    You don't come across too well there at all really.. try being nice to people. Tends to get far better results.

I've been on to them several times all week and up until now have been accepting of their behaviour. But to be told on Monday by Rachel that it is dispatched and I will have it yesterday. Then being told yesterday by Michelle that it was delivered and it clearly wasn't. Then to be told today that it may not have been dispatched?
    I am nice to good honest people but when you are being told lies it certainly frustrates me.
    Look I've cancelled now, I may have been unlucky but I'm justified in the manner of my conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

lawred2 wrote: »
    I'd say you're on your own with those speeds.

Otherwise this thread would be full of the same complaints.

Entirely possible. My phone is set up correctly though. So maybe my job and home are just in terrible Eir black spots. Didn’t have this trouble with Virgin. I don’t think my experience is common, but if it persists I’ll be going elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

physioman wrote: »
    I've been on to them several times all week and up until now have been accepting of their behaviour. But to be told on Monday by Rachel that it is dispatched and I will have it yesterday. Then being told yesterday by Michelle that it was delivered and it clearly wasn't. Then to be told today that it may not have been dispatched?
    I am nice to good honest people but when you are being told lies it certainly frustrates me.
    Look I've cancelled now, I may have been unlucky but I'm justified in the manner of my conversation.

It's going to be slow.

I ordered Wednesday and still no sign.

I'm not going to contact them or lose sleep as I know I'll get it one of the days.

Some have been very lucky and got the SIM so quickly.

I wouldn't let it been late throw me.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Voicemail also not working after porting from Eir

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Received SIM this morning. However, now I'm struggling to log in to my account. I registered last week using my hotmail email address. Put in what I thought was correct email address and password but it keeps coming up as invalid. Also searched for GoMo in my email account and there's nothing there from last week when I registered.

I've tried to click link for 'forget your password' but an hour later and still no email from them. Looking for the webchat to try and ask an agent to sort it but can't find it. Where on the go mo website is the webchat link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

There have been a few issues with hotmail accounts reported in this thread, myself included. I did get the inital email from them though so it doesn't look good if you've received nothing at all. Did you get an SMS when you signed up with your order number and login email?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Pighead wrote: »
    Received SIM this morning. However, now I'm struggling to log in to my account. I registered last week using my hotmail email address. Put in what I thought was correct email address and password but it keeps coming up as invalid. Also searched for GoMo in my email account and there's nothing there from last week when I registered.

I've tried to click link for 'forget your password' but an hour later and still no email from them. Looking for the webchat to try and ask an agent to sort it but can't find it. Where on the go mo website is the webchat link?

It's a little blue box on the top right of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

miamee wrote: »
    It's a little blue box on the top right of the page.

It only ever shows for me once I'm logged in. Never on the homepage prior to login.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭LiveRadio.ie

5 working days alredy passed. SIM not arrived yet.

GoMo Customer Care response below:

"Due to the high influx of customers from the date of purchase we must advise up to 10 working days for the SIM to be shipped. You will receive a Track & Trace number from ANn Post which you can use to track the progress of your order. If your SIM has not arrived after the 10 working day period please get back in contact with us and we will investigate it further. Thank you!"

There have been a few issues with hotmail accounts reported in this thread, myself included. I did get the inital email from them though so it doesn't look good if you've received nothing at all. Did you get an SMS when you signed up with your order number and login email?
    Yes. Just checked there and have the sms which confirms order number and login email address. Doesn't tell me my password though unfortunately.

• Advertisement

It only ever shows for me once I'm logged in. Never on the homepage prior to login.
    Sheesh. That's not ideal. Guess I'm gonna have to send a message to them on the contact us page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭wolf9

You can find it the odd time by going to mygomo login page and select 'don't have an account', it pops up on right hand side of email verification page , it's there at the moment just checked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Stupid question but how do i check if anything is saved to my vodafone sim before i port dont want to loose anything

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Voicemail also not working after porting from Eir

They are aware of an issue with voicemail and will be resolved in the next 24 hours as posters here have said earlier.

Another successful port this morning from Eir Sim Only for a friend there, about 4 minutes and number ported over successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

For your info:- card arrived promptly, inserted it Monday ,number ported at time requested. Data worked immediately but I couldn't make calls or send texts for almost 24 hours. All working now tho

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Sheesh. That's not ideal. Guess I'm gonna have to send a message to them on the contact us page.

They seem quite active on the facebook page too, if you tried dropping them a message there you might get a quicker reply

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

kilburn wrote: »
    Stupid question but how do i check if anything is saved to my vodafone sim before i port dont want to loose anything

Make sure you export your contacts if you have any saved to SIM. There's a feature for that in the contact settings on your phone.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭mac1961

I’m in Waterford city just ported and this is my speed test. I’m happy with that and hopefully it stays going ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Yes. Just checked there and have the sms which confirms order number and login email address. Doesn't tell me my password though unfortunately.

No password in the SMS. Just try to verify your email if reset isn't working for you. Worked eventually for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 PantlessNoodle

Mine was aparently delivered yet i have no sign of it. Anyone else experienced this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Exact same situation here 🥵

wolf9 wrote: »
    You can find it the odd time by going to mygomo login page and select 'don't have an account', it pops up on right hand side of email verification page , it's there at the moment just checked
    Thanks wolf. That worked! Got talking to to physioman's pal Rachel and she's trying to get it sorted. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭baldbear

My order says in progress online since last week the 17th. Is this the norm?

Mine was aparently delivered yet i have no sign of it. Anyone else experienced this?

Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

baldbear wrote: »
    My order says in progress online since last week the 17th. Is this the norm?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

SIM arrived for my daughter today. Had scheduled the port for 6th November, but will probably change that now to port tomorrow evening. Think a text might need to be sent to her phone to verify the change though so will wait til later this evening to change the port date.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 PantlessNoodle

physioman wrote: »
    Good luck with that.
    Thanks for help

Thanks for help

I'll ask Rachel for you...But in all seriousness they ask for your eircode signing up but apparently don't give an post your eircode. ( well this is what michelle told me)So could go missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Ordered sim last thursday, set porting for 18:00 yesterday, sim arrived yesterday, porting complete by about 21:00, everything working as it should.

I was with Eir on the €20/month for Eir calls, Eir texts & Unlimited social media + 15/20gb* of data (can't remember exact) Now I have a much better deal for half the price :)

My coverage is also instantly better - sounds silly - I know but I did not have 4g with Eir previously, now I have 4g, great speeds and a fuller wallet.

Thanks BA, I probably wouldn't have heard about gomo otherwise (I am fairly well insulated from TV & Radio ads :pac:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 darrent065

Wifes phone switched over since last night all going good so far nearly 50MB down and 20mb up on 4g in town and rural clare between 5mb - 16mb down / 5mb up. Pity mine still not here and i ordered 12 hours before her lol. hasn't even assigned a number to my account yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement