Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Silly question but I received the sim card today for my daughters phone, do I put in the sim card now? its due to port at 8am tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Meself wrote: »
    Anyone any idea how to set up voicemail ?

Tried 171.. it asks me to enter my number followed by # but it keeps telling me it the wrong number. No info on Gomo website.

Just ported over today. Wonder it that makes any diff

Thanks

Everyone having the same issue - they're working on it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Silly question but I received the sim card today for my daughters phone, do I put in the sim card now? its due to port at 8am tomorrow.

I'm no expert but from reading this thread leave the SIM from your current supplier in the phone till it shows emergency calls only then put the gomo
    one in

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I didn't put my GoMo sim into my phone until my eir sim died, I didn't want to mess up my imessage so it was just easier that way

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I'm no expert but from reading this thread leave the SIM from your current supplier in the phone till it shows emergency calls only then put the gomo
    one in

As above. If you're happy with your port time just let it off.
    Then after 10 mins in my case, it went to 'emergency calls only.'
    Then I put in my gomo sim for the first time.
    My phone displayed 'Meteor'.
    I pressed ok.
    I then got a 'Welcome to GoMo' message and plain sailing since.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    TBH it's a little bit vague at present.
    There is always the small possibility that we will all be charged for 2 months (to include Oct) from Nov 1st.:)

Have a look at this post this is a copy of a chat transcript I had with one of their agents last week who confirmed that the activation fee covered the bill for October. It was then confirmed again by a second agent, in this post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭larchielads

Lads, could people say where they are based if your giving your experiences after switching to Gomo as i think it would help others with their decision making about whether to switch or not.

As in im in dub city centre and my service is crap/great sort of thing as example

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I signed up last Tuesday. Sim arrived yesterday. Switched the time to 18:00 today and inserted sim.
    In Arklow
    493566.jpg

Number still hasn't changed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That is great speeds

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

fritzelly wrote: »
    So prey tell us what in the T&C should we be worried about?

The amount of people on this thread dissing the offer is unreal - makes you wonder are there some outside influences in play

Well the most obvious was the multiple posters asking if calls to landlines were included. That fact was hardly buried in the small print.

And you can bury your conspiracy theory in your imaginary forest outside Ashbourne. Very few posters have dissed the offer. A few teething issues, some slow speeds and some previous bad experiences with Eir. I'd say most posters who weren't asking stupid questions were either positive or curious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Porting from Eir

Is it just a mobile on account or other services?

I ported form Eir Sim Only plan without issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Well the most obvious was the multiple posters asking if calls to landlines were included. That fact was hardly buried in the small print.

And you can bury your conspiracy theory in your imaginary forest outside Ashbourne. Very few posters have dissed the offer. A few teething issues, some slow speeds and some previous bad experiences with Eir. I'd say most posters who weren't asking stupid questions were either positive or curious.

After being with O2/Three, lyca and tesco, eir have been much much better than expected. Ive had better speed with VF but their CS can be a nightmare too. But does anyone remember the tesco roaming debacle or lyca 3G speeds that would barely load a WAP page. I find with eir that I may not get massive speeds but I get a more consistent speed everywhere which alway gets the whatsapp/emails/messages etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Lads, could people say where they are based if your giving your experiences after switching to Gomo as i think it would help others with their decision making about whether to switch or not.

As in im in dub city centre and my service is crap/great sort of thing as example
    That's a good suggestion. It's worth bearing in mind, though, that for some people, overall coverage over a stretch of road or a region may be important, while for others, it might be coverage in their home or workplace.
    In rural areas it's conceivable that one location could have perfect 4G coverage from GoMo with poor coverage from other networks and another location, say 500 metres away but over a hill could have just 2G GoMo and 4G from 3 or Vodafone. It depends on mast locations and terrain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I got the sim this evening and worked fine but slow.

Now don't curse me for this but I tried installing a game that is 12 GB while on hotspot to check it out on laptop and is working.

It is at best less than 2MB/s somethings kb/s

Just seen it go 2.61 MB/S now.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Did a couple of trial runs on the commute and all seems fine with coverage. 4G speeds at my house is about 4-5 times better than Three was, so that's a nice bonus.

Set the port time for 8am this morning and all went fine. Done by about 8.10am

I know everyone is having trouble with voicemail - assuming it's the same issue as I'm having (you've entered an invalid mailbox number) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

97.84% off all voicemails I’ve ever listened to was just a click as someone hung up. It’s only tech in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Just got text SIM going out for delivery today. Ordered last Wednesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Sim hasn't arrived yet GoMo website seems to insist it has as I have a number now allocated and pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Sim hasn't arrived yet GoMo website seems to insist it has as I have a number now allocated and pin.

The number is allocated before the SIM is sent out. When did you order? they seem to be still on Wednesday/possibly some Thursday orders

• Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I got my number yesterday and received my Sim today so it might be there soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭testtech05

My sim is out for delivery today too ordered last Wednesday. I will check tonight and post on speeds compared to current 3 speeds (in Galway city) on the thread later.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

_feedback_ wrote: »
    The number is allocated before the SIM is sent out. When did you order? they seem to be still on Wednesday/possibly some Thursday orders

Ordered Sunday so presumably gonna be waiting a while longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ED E wrote: »
    Ordered Thursday at 8AM. Email same time.
    Yesterday got an email with my account number.

Not delivered yet. Considering we had Wednesdays delivered today Im hoping for delivery tomorrow.

Out for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭cargen

Received one of the 2 Sims ordered last Wednesday.
    I am getting the error SIM not provisioned.

Anyone else had the same problem?

In gomo my account. Still both orders are in progress and no account details showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Hi guys,
    I attempted to port over this morning. My old Eir SIM died (No Service), so I put the GoMo one in and all seemed good. But then I realised I have a new phone number (085 xxxx)! Seems it hasn't ported my old number, at least not yet.

Has anyone else had this problem, can it take a while for the port to complete properly?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I attempted to port over this morning. My old Eir SIM died (No Service), so I put the GoMo one in and all seemed good. But then I realised I have a new phone number (085 xxxx)! Seems it hasn't ported my old number, at least not yet.

Has anyone else had this problem, can it take a while for the port to complete properly?

Where did you check the number?
    On the gomo website or on your phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Having a disaster with gomo. Ended up cancelling

Hello! Next available customer representative will be with you shortly.
    Representative Rachel has joined the session
    Rachel [9:37:00 AM]
    Hey! Thanks for getting in touch. My name is Rachel. How can I help?
    You [9:38:42 AM]
    I was chatting to you on Monday and you said my SIM was dispatched and I would get a text/email when it was out for delivery. I didn't get the SIM yesterday but when I contacted chat yesterday they said it was delivered. Where is my SIM
    Rachel [9:39:20 AM]
    Hi #### can you send the following so i can look into this Account number
    Mobile number
    Address
    Full name
    date of birth
    email
    You
    Rachel [9:43:08 AM]
    Hi #### i can see that your order is not fully complete which means it has not been delivered
    You [9:43:36 AM]
    Where is my SIM?
    Rachel [9:43:50 AM]
    The Delivery of the sim can take up to 10 working days due to the high volume of orders
    You [9:44:30 AM]
    Sorry you told me on Monday it was dispatched and yesterday Michelle told me it was delivered
    You [9:44:56 AM]
    What is going on?
    Rachel [9:45:38 AM]
    it has definitely not been delivered your order is not complete
    You [9:46:56 AM]
    But why would she say it is? I ordered on the first day the offer came out. Everyone one I know who has signed up after me has got their SIM. Someone is telling me lies now
    Rachel [9:48:10 AM]
    i can not speak on behalf of another agent but from your account details it is showing today that your order is not complete which means that it has not been delivered. have you received a text from An Post?
    You [9:48:48 AM]
    No I haven't. It should have been here by now.
    You [9:49:14 AM]
    Other people I know didn't get emails or texts and still had theirs delivered
    Rachel [9:50:32 AM]
    we do have to advise up to 10 working days due to the high volume of orders
    You [9:51:34 AM]
    Sorry but when I signed up it was 2 days , then when chatting to you on Monday you said 5 days and now 10 days. Has my SIM been dispatched or Not?
    Rachel [9:53:30 AM]
    apologies for the inconvenience, but there is a backlog in the orders. you sim will be with you within 10 days from date of ordering
    You [9:53:50 AM]
    Has it been dispatched or Not?
    You [9:55:08 AM]
    Hello?
    Rachel [9:55:48 AM]
    Your account is showing partial which means it is on the way but we can not give you a specific date
    You [9:56:06 AM]
    Has it been dispatched yet?
    Rachel [9:57:04 AM]
    as i have said your account is showing that it is on its way but i can not give you a specific date
    You [9:57:16 AM]
    When was it dispatched
    Rachel [9:57:46 AM]
    we do not have the dates as we do not have a tracking
    You [9:58:10 AM]
    Well you were able to tell me on Monday that it was dispatched
    You [9:58:36 AM]
    Why are you lieing to me Rachel
    Rachel [9:58:40 AM]
    we can only see the status on it not the date
    You [9:59:36 AM]
    Well you could tell me Monday that it was dispatched on Monday and I would have it yesterday. Then on chat yesterday they tell me it is delivered.
    Rachel [10:00:38 AM]
    on Monday the delivery time was 5 working days not 10 but due to high volumes of orders the delivery is recommended for 10 days
    You [10:01:02 AM]
    But you told me I would have it yesterday?

Basically cancelled after that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

Each time I try to schedule a port I get this text

Oh no! We tried to move your number to our network but there is already a move in progress for this number. See our FAQs at gomo.ie/joining-getting-started-with-gomo/#move-number on what to do next and how to complete your move. That's it!

I have tried 3 times. Giving it one more go for this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭JoeA3

inforfun wrote: »
    Where did you check the number?
    On the gomo website or on your phone?

Both!
    On my iPhone, under iMessage settings and Phone settings, it has the 085 number :(
    The website has the same 085 number but in the "move my number" section it says "your port is in progress" so maybe it'll sort itself out eventually? I've ported networks before though and its always been an immediate thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

bromley52 wrote: »
    Each time I try to schedule a port I get this text

Oh no! We tried to move your number to our network but there is already a move in progress for this number. See our FAQs at gomo.ie/joining-getting-started-with-gomo/#move-number on what to do next and how to complete your move. That's it!

I have tried 3 times. Giving it one more go for this evening.

Getting this too, since friday morning. Customer service havnt a notion whats going on or how to fix it, getting very frustrated - on the verge of cancelling

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement