Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Still getting 0.10 download speeds. Absolutely atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭mossie

Is their website down this morning? Can't get on at all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Ordered Friday, port was due Tuesday. SIM still hasn’t arrived, no assigned number in the account. Port must have gone through as my old VM sim isn’t working now. Chat timed out yesterday, can’t see the chat function on my account today. Forgot that I had two factor authentication set up for the majority of my banking etc apps, slowly starting to get frozen out of those. Nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

testtech05 wrote: »
    My sim is out for delivery today too ordered last Wednesday. I will check tonight and post on speeds compared to current 3 speeds (in Galway city) on the thread later.

Same here, perhaps they are sending a big batch today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Cameron326 wrote: »
    There seems to be nothing under T&Cs particularly under “Leaving Us” ...hope they don’t lock you into a 5 year contract and then provide terrible network speed?

Can anyone point to where the T&Cs are available? I heard this service discussed yesterday and the €10 a month for life was emphasised.

But what does 'life' mean in this contract? They can hardly be asking people to commit to €120 annually for the rest of their days on this earth?

This was discussed in the context that by locking people in for a time period they could guarantee a revenue stream, so 'life' must mean something. We all know that 'unlimited data' does not mean unlimited data in the Mobile Phone World View but what does 'life' mean in GoMo Speak? Anyone?

• Advertisement

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Can anyone point to where the T&Cs are available? I heard this service discussed yesterday and the €10 a month for life was emphasised.

But what does 'life' mean in this contract? They can hardly be asking people to commit to €120 annually for the rest of their days on this earth?

This was discussed in the context that by locking people in for a time period they could guarantee a revenue stream, so 'life' must mean something. We all know that 'unlimited data' does not mean unlimited data in the Mobile Phone World View but what does 'life' mean in GoMo Speak? Anyone?

There’s no contract. “For life” essentially means even if they change the price you’ll have a legacy 9.99 a month plan until you leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭daheff

its 30 days notice to cancel.

You wouldnt be able to enter into a contract of unlimited duration for something like this. Even if you could, as soon as it got out there would be mayhem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I’ve seen it before where “life” means the life of the plan etc., that was with a TomTom lifetime free updates. I’d be confident it doesn’t mean for as long as the customer lives. It’s probably tucked away somewhere in the t&cs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

daheff wrote: »
    its 30 days notice to cancel.

You wouldnt be able to enter into a contract of unlimited duration for something like this. Even if you could, as soon as it got out there would be mayhem.

OK, thanks - does anyone have a link to the T&Cs. We couldn't find them last night.

I'm surprised though if it turns out that it's €9.99 a month for as long the customer wants but they can cancel same with 30 days notice. Sure, there's no security in terms of revenue flow for the new provider in that. Where's the logic - how does this work for GoMo?

Edit - found it now https://gomo.ie/terms/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

physioman wrote: »
    Having a disaster with gomo. Ended up cancelling

Hello! Next available customer representative will be with you shortly.
    Representative Rachel has joined the session
    Rachel [9:37:00 AM]
    Hey! Thanks for getting in touch. My name is Rachel. How can I help?
    You [9:38:42 AM]
    I was chatting to you on Monday and you said my SIM was dispatched and I would get a text/email when it was out for delivery. I didn't get the SIM yesterday but when I contacted chat yesterday they said it was delivered. Where is my SIM
    Rachel [9:39:20 AM]
    Hi #### can you send the following so i can look into this Account number
    Mobile number
    Address
    Full name
    date of birth
    email
    You
    Rachel [9:43:08 AM]
    Hi #### i can see that your order is not fully complete which means it has not been delivered
    You [9:43:36 AM]
    Where is my SIM?
    Rachel [9:43:50 AM]
    The Delivery of the sim can take up to 10 working days due to the high volume of orders
    You [9:44:30 AM]
    Sorry you told me on Monday it was dispatched and yesterday Michelle told me it was delivered
    You [9:44:56 AM]
    What is going on?
    Rachel [9:45:38 AM]
    it has definitely not been delivered your order is not complete
    You [9:46:56 AM]
    But why would she say it is? I ordered on the first day the offer came out. Everyone one I know who has signed up after me has got their SIM. Someone is telling me lies now
    Rachel [9:48:10 AM]
    i can not speak on behalf of another agent but from your account details it is showing today that your order is not complete which means that it has not been delivered. have you received a text from An Post?
    You [9:48:48 AM]
    No I haven't. It should have been here by now.
    You [9:49:14 AM]
    Other people I know didn't get emails or texts and still had theirs delivered
    Rachel [9:50:32 AM]
    we do have to advise up to 10 working days due to the high volume of orders
    You [9:51:34 AM]
    Sorry but when I signed up it was 2 days , then when chatting to you on Monday you said 5 days and now 10 days. Has my SIM been dispatched or Not?
    Rachel [9:53:30 AM]
    apologies for the inconvenience, but there is a backlog in the orders. you sim will be with you within 10 days from date of ordering
    You [9:53:50 AM]
    Has it been dispatched or Not?
    You [9:55:08 AM]
    Hello?
    Rachel [9:55:48 AM]
    Your account is showing partial which means it is on the way but we can not give you a specific date
    You [9:56:06 AM]
    Has it been dispatched yet?
    Rachel [9:57:04 AM]
    as i have said your account is showing that it is on its way but i can not give you a specific date
    You [9:57:16 AM]
    When was it dispatched
    Rachel [9:57:46 AM]
    we do not have the dates as we do not have a tracking
    You [9:58:10 AM]
    Well you were able to tell me on Monday that it was dispatched
    You [9:58:36 AM]
    Why are you lieing to me Rachel
    Rachel [9:58:40 AM]
    we can only see the status on it not the date
    You [9:59:36 AM]
    Well you could tell me Monday that it was dispatched on Monday and I would have it yesterday. Then on chat yesterday they tell me it is delivered.
    Rachel [10:00:38 AM]
    on Monday the delivery time was 5 working days not 10 but due to high volumes of orders the delivery is recommended for 10 days
    You [10:01:02 AM]
    But you told me I would have it yesterday?

Basically cancelled after that

Feel bad for "Rachel" having to deal with people like this all day every day.

Elsewhere.. GoMo contacted me to say the voicemail issue would be resolved this evening.. will wait and see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Or possibly it's 4G for life? Eventually once 5G, etc. start rolling out and new price plans too then, over time, this deal will look less attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I was chatting to you on Monday and you said my SIM was dispatched and I would get a text/email when it was out for delivery. I didn't get the SIM yesterday but when I contacted chat yesterday they said it was delivered. Where is my SIM
    Mobile number
    Address
    Full name
    date of birth
    email
    You
    Hi #### i can see that your order is not fully complete which means it has not been delivered
    Where is my SIM?
    The Delivery of the sim can take up to 10 working days due to the high volume of orders
    Sorry you told me on Monday it was dispatched and yesterday Michelle told me it was delivered
    What is going on?
    But why would she say it is? I ordered on the first day the offer came out. Everyone one I know who has signed up after me has got their SIM. Someone is telling me lies now
    i can not speak on behalf of another agent but from your account details it is showing today that your order is not complete which means that it has not been delivered. have you received a text from An Post?
    Sorry but when I signed up it was 2 days , then when chatting to you on Monday you said 5 days and now 10 days. Has my SIM been dispatched or Not?
    apologies for the inconvenience, but there is a backlog in the orders. you sim will be with you within 10 days from date of ordering
    Hello?
    Your account is showing partial which means it is on the way but we can not give you a specific date
    as i have said your account is showing that it is on its way but i can not give you a specific date
    When was it dispatched
    Well you could tell me Monday that it was dispatched on Monday and I would have it yesterday. Then on chat yesterday they tell me it is delivered.
    on Monday the delivery time was 5 working days not 10 but due to high volumes of orders the delivery is recommended for 10 days

Top tip: Don't treat customer service representatives like sh*t and you'll have a better chance of getting things sorted...

I contacted them about the voicemail issue to see was there an update and they're still saying 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Common, they have to cope with so many orders, have patience, its a great deal worth waiting for.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

Disaster here. Trying to port my eir bill simonly plan and the port has failed (received failure message from GoMo). However looking at my eir account it looks like port has started as my dashboards with balances etc have disappeared from account page. Now to trying to deal with two useless support teams to resolve.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

bromley52 wrote: »
    Each time I try to schedule a port I get this text

Oh no! We tried to move your number to our network but there is already a move in progress for this number. See our FAQs at gomo.ie/joining-getting-started-with-gomo/#move-number on what to do next and how to complete your move. That's it!

I have tried 3 times. Giving it one more go for this evening.

In exactly the same boat. My second SIM finally arrived today after being ordered on the 15, but can't port the first one (from an Eir prepay, formerly Meteor). Have tried a dozen times - was originally set to port this Friday coming (as is the second one).

Online chat said: "The issue is that there's still a port in progress on your account. That should go clear within 48 hours." They say it is all automated at their end and they can't do anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

bromley52 wrote: »
    Each time I try to schedule a port I get this text

Oh no! We tried to move your number to our network but there is already a move in progress for this number. See our FAQs at gomo.ie/joining-getting-started-with-gomo/#move-number on what to do next and how to complete your move. That's it!

I have tried 3 times. Giving it one more go for this evening.
    paul-2008 wrote: »

Getting this too, since friday morning. Customer service havnt a notion whats going on or how to fix it, getting very frustrated - on the verge of cancelling

I got that text yesterday too,i scheduled to port yesterday at 12:20 and still hasnt moved.

I was just onto customer care and they said the process has started and porting takes 24-48hrs,if its not ported by tomorrow ill just cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Mobile number
    Address
    Full name
    date of birth
    email
    You
    Where is my SIM?
    What is going on?
    Hello?
    When was it dispatched

That comes across as you having no respect and no patience. Your loss.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭JoeA3

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Both!
    On my iPhone, under iMessage settings and Phone settings, it has the 085 number :(
    The website has the same 085 number but in the "move my number" section it says "your port is in progress" so maybe it'll sort itself out eventually? I've ported networks before though and its always been an immediate thing.

OK, so all is good, I'm fully ported over now. It took about 2 hours, during which time my phone was on the 085 xxxx number. I had to re-activate iMessage etc again too, but it all seems spot on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Mobile number
    Address
    Full name
    date of birth
    email
    You
    Where is my SIM?
    What is going on?
    Hello?
    When was it dispatched

You don't come across too well there at all really.. try being nice to people. Tends to get far better results.

Or possibly it's 4G for life? Eventually once 5G, etc. start rolling out and new price plans too then, over time, this deal will look less attractive.

It’s this plan. 5G won’t be a part of this plan therefore the price will be different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

HighLine wrote: »
    Feel bad for "Rachel" having to deal with people like this all day every day.

I have to agree.
    Poster was obnoxious on that webchat even though we all understand being given contrary info and how frustrating it can be.

Yeah I don’t think I’ll be staying with these too long, the 4g coverage and download speeds are awful. Worse than I’d expect even for the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭wolf9

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    I have to agree.
    Poster was obnoxious on that webchat even though we all understand being given contrary info and how frustrating it can be.

Yeah it's annoying to be given different information but there has to be understanding from customers that this was only launched last week, there are going to be issues in the short term with such huge demand, it you can't handle teething problems which there was always going to be don't sign up until things settle

• Registered Users Posts: 32 beet_root

Ordered on the 16th, arrived today, porting took 30 mins, all good, 4G working on my Moto g6 too ��

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Yeah I don’t think I’ll be staying with these too long, the 4g coverage and download speeds are awful. Worse than I’d expect even for the price.

What part of the land are you in? Just wondering before I sign up.

What part of the land are you in? Just wondering before I sign up.

Central Dublin. Getting 0.10 download speeds. I think something is funky with the network as I’m getting good upload speed. I’m going to keep it for a few weeks but if there’s no improvement I’m gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Central Dublin. Getting 0.10 download speeds. I think something is funky with the network as I’m getting good upload speed. I’m going to keep it for a few weeks but if there’s no improvement I’m gone.

F**k that so!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Anyone else unable to log in to their account online?

I've requested a password reset and get no email, I've checked spam and nothing there.

I've requested to be text the 6 digit code too and I got nothing.

Any solutions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Had the same issue on signup day. After a few hours I tried clicking the verify email link from an earlier email AGAIN and that eventually let me in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I'd say you're on your own with those speeds.

Otherwise this thread would be full of the same complaints.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement