Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade & Retro Chat' Special Championship Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Game chasers needed a good revamp, maybe this will get then going again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

493065.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭Inviere

eddhorse wrote: »

It's gone to absolute ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

eddhorse wrote: »

8 bit Eric is a pain in hole and he was in every second episode and the UFO / alien nonsense completely ruined the game chasers for me.

Don’t get me wrong I know I signed up on the knowledge that they’re a couple of stupid stoners chasing games but that’s what I want to see more of. Not the other stupidity.

Alllllriight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Horace, of goes skiing fame, and unofficial mascot of the humble Speccy is trending on twitter. The copyright troll who's behind the c64 mini and played his part in the Vega+ sh*t show, has hammered a Youtuber with copyright strikes on Horace. An IP he claims to own. I'm not even a fan of her videos, but he's been an absolute c*nt about it and lots of old fuppers like me aren't happy.

Paul Andrews, has successfully pissed off an awful lot of people in a couple of hours.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

The copyright troll who's behind the c64 mini and played his part in the Vega+ sh*t show, has hammered a Youtuber with copyright strikes on Horace. An IP he claims to own. I'm not even a fan of her videos
    I better rotate my avatar back to my Garlando Delux.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭trout

Apropos of nothing at all ... I just picked up two magnificent broadcast monitors from a chap well known in this parish.

On my way down to collect them, I was averaging 40.4 mpg ... on my way back, with the monitors in tow, I averaged 38.5 mpg

Either I ate waaaaaaaaay too much in McDonald's, or those monitors are really, really heavy.

I'm thinking it must be the monitors. Defo. Yeah. That's it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Was it any good? Remember wanting to play it because I liked the name and look, hadnt even seen blade runner at that stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,446 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Absolutely loved that game when it came out. The multiple endings/different ways the game could progress was pretty amazing at the time.

Interesting fact I didn't know about the game:

The soundtrack for Blade Runner, composed by Vangelis, was allowed to be used for the game. However, Westwood Studios was not granted access to the master recordings and had to remake them by ear alone. The game's composer, Frank Klepacki, created a soundtrack that remains lovingly faithful to the film's and, like the movie, adds to the atmosphere of the world, while also creating new, original tracks that fit in well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Doge wrote: »
    Was it any good? Remember wanting to play it because I liked the name and look, hadnt even seen blade runner at that stage.

Yeah it's a stone cold classic. Still looks good with the prerendered backgrounds and voxel graphics instead of polygons give it a unique look. Lots of elements of the game are procedural so every play through will differ. Story fits in and really compliments the original film.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭Inviere

Some lovely programming on offer here, with quite a few games I'd not heard of

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Hi all hope everyone is doing well.

As most of you are aware my Boulder Dash addiction has been dealt with for now. But it’s been replaced by an even bigger addiction in Super Mario Kart.

My road to next years world championship is quite long (next August) but I’m looking for a little bit of advice.

There’s two training roms that I want to be able to practice on in early 2020. Must be on an original Snes so what I’m wondering is this.

Is it better to plunge cash into a sd2snes or would anyone here have the tools to flash the games on using a dsp compatible donor cart.

Quick edit

I’m more than happy to use 2 SMK cartridges in case this may come across like it’s a piracy issue. In this way it’s then just a mod

I’m hoping to have some news about an upcoming event involving SMK soon and now that the switch can be used I’d love to see more Irish players active.

So if it interests anyone then my pms are always open :)

We miss you

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Hi all hope everyone is doing well.

As most of you are aware my Boulder Dash addiction has been dealt with for now. But it’s been replaced by an even bigger addiction in Super Mario Kart.

My road to next years world championship is quite long (next August) but I’m looking for a little bit of advice.

There’s two training roms that I want to be able to practice on in early 2020. Must be on an original Snes so what I’m wondering is this.

Is it better to plunge cash into a sd2snes or would anyone here have the tools to flash the games on using a dsp compatible donor cart.

Quick edit

I’m more than happy to use 2 SMK cartridges in case this may come across like it’s a piracy issue. In this way it’s then just a mod

I’m hoping to have some news about an upcoming event involving SMK soon and now that the switch can be used I’d love to see more Irish players active.

So if it interests anyone then my pms are always open :)
    A clone sd2snes would set you back ~€100.
    Depending on how easy it is to get donor carts you may very well be better off going with the flash cart.

Master of the Universe

http://segachannel.com/

Still active but falling behind on their updates.

Silent Hill 2 beta released in time for Halloween.

https://hiddenpalace.org/Silent_Hill_2_(Jul_13,_2001_prototype)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    We miss you

We have never gone too far away

And never will :)

Interesting video on how VR can improve your own performance games.

Part 2:

• Advertisement

And more essential viewing:

Master of the Universe

Any of you dudes know if there are still any TV repair shops around Dublin which might take a look at a CRT?

My poor oul big BVM is on the fritz. In the past the blue gun has taken a little bit of time to warm up, but now the whole picture goes bright when it first powers on but then dims out to a point where you an barely see the picture.

Would be great to just drop it off somewhere and ask them to do a full cap kit/service. I don't think grantspain deals works on Pro chassis like this these due to them being more trouble than they're worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Campbell TV in Kimmage is legit the only place that comes to mind and I'm only half sure it's still open. Might be worth giving them a shout on 01492286.

Master of the Universe

Cheers man! I'll give them a shout.

Yeah just got a confirmation back from Grantspain saying he doesn't touch pro monitors as they're way too complex and a pain in the arse. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Just set up the PS2 again, was watching a playthru of Clocktower 3 so decided to go back to it now I know what to do.
    I dunno where the other memory card came from has the Gaelic Football game save, has Incredibles and Driver

Master of the Universe

I love finding old memory cards. Found one recently with my old Gran Turismo saves, watched myself doing laps in a GTO Twin Turbo circa 1998 :D

Master of the Universe

For anyone else who might need some CRT repairs and they're around the Wicklow area, just got a message back from these guys saying they still work on them;

https://www.psra.ie/

Said if I can drop it by they can run a fault analysis and can repair. Can even potentially get in a replacement tube if needed.

Still people around doing god's work so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Any idea of prices? Good find

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

Got the Sega Mega Drive Mini recently. It has been pretty fun! Now I just need to figure out how to get the controllers to work on PC so I can play the Classics Collection with them.

Advertisement