Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade & Retro Chat' Special Championship Edition

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

o1s1n wrote:
    Any of you dudes know if there are still any TV repair shops around Dublin which might take a look at a CRT?

There's one in blanch village

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Used to be one in Swords but it's some sort of outlet for knock-off phones and cases for said phone now :(
    They used to have some lovely old stuff in the window, but when I asked it was all quite expensive, CRTs and old radio sets.
    Probably ended up in a skip :(

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

Infernum wrote: »
    Got the Sega Mega Drive Mini recently. It has been pretty fun! Now I just need to figure out how to get the controllers to work on PC so I can play the Classics Collection with them.

Picked one up recently myself, its a massive step up from those AT ones you used to get in Argos, they were absolute cack. Shame no 6 button controllers with it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Found a few Nintendo dsi during a tidy up, still have to find charger to test.

Any idea on a good price to flog these, assumed working, unboxed?

beejee wrote: »
    Found a few Nintendo dsi during a tidy up, still have to find charger to test.

Any idea on a good price to flog these, assumed working, unboxed?

£10-£15 according to ebay completed listings
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=dsi+console&_sacat=0&LH_Auction=1&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1

• Advertisement

Thanks! If I can get them powered up I'll stick them in the marketplace :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Have a buyer on facebook looking to buy all the PS1 and ps2 games in selling.

Anyone idea what theyre worth? With bulk discount included obviously.

PS1 Games:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058024810

PS2 games:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058024811

Have 3 buyers interested in the whole lot now.
    Theres also 5 light guns and a rake of PS3 games.

Opening a shop would have been easier! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Thanks! If I can get them powered up I'll stick them in the marketplace :)

I think CEX will give you 20 euro cash for a DSi at the moment. They're exploitable now without the need for any flashcart.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I think Arcade1up are upping their game a little with duel speakers, non soldered buttons an upgraded screen and a volume control on their new Marvel cab.

• Advertisement

The starwars one looks cool.

I think Arcade1up are upping their game a little with duel speakers, non soldered buttons an upgraded screen and a volume control on their new Marvel cab.

Does this mean we can upgrade our existing monitors did he say?

Don't have time to watch the video.

If the arcade 1up had come out a little while back when they could have got an order in for crts, it would have been a complete game changer. Would have hoovered them up myself.

I like the look of them, feel okay ish playing for what they are, but the monitor is a fatality/babality/animality all rolled into one :p

I know there are scan line generators and all, but man, if they had little crts they would have been perfect. Little 4player turtles cabinet... :/

Killer instinct has just slipped through my fingers for the last time. I give up. But if anyone knows of a turtles cabinet, anywhere, let me know and I'll bite someone's arm off :)

If the arcade 1up had come out a little while back when they could have got an order in for crts, it would have been a complete game changer. Would have hoovered them up myself.

I like the look of them, feel okay ish playing for what they are, but the monitor is a fatality/babality/animality all rolled into one :p

I know there are scan line generators and all, but man, if they had little crts they would have been perfect. Little 4player turtles cabinet... :/

Killer instinct has just slipped through my fingers for the last time. I give up. But if anyone knows of a turtles cabinet, anywhere, let me know and I'll bite someone's arm off :)

Id say more people would buy LCD over CRT so it wouldnt be profitable and how would they fit into the flatpack? :pac:
    Imagine how much more it would cost to ship and the risk of it getting damaged.
    Only us nerdy purists give out stink about CRT hehe.

It's probably true, more people don't care than do care I suppose. Flat packs should be cube packs though, aka boxes :p

Ultracore MegaDrive version jap 60hz has been dumped

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ultracore MegaDrive version jap 60hz has been dumped

Would have been nice if mine had been delivered first! :eek:

Yeah, same here although I have the pal version incoming. The dumped version was manufactured by ColumbusCircle who announced later and shipped earlier.

Don't think I'll be using StrictlyLimited again

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Stoner wrote: »
    There's one in blanch village
    If iyou kean the one I think you do , its closed theres a charity shop there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

For TV repair, if you can contact the guy that used to run that business in swords he would probably still be able to repair it. Ask the current tenant for the previous tenant's details as usually they would know.

There is also a guy in Tallaght in Dublin that used to run a tv repair business and can still fix them.

Did anyone try put a crt in an arcade 1-up? I've a 14" trintron tube that might fit.

• Advertisement

Speaking of the megadrive....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,442 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I was really tempted to pick that up a while back, decided not to as I was still waiting for Ultracorps and Celeste. Kinda wish I did now.

Here's a weird unrelated one, my parents are currently insulating my grandparents attic.

Finding all manner of weird and wonderful things. My old Liquidator water pistol (what a name!) as well as a few transformers were up there.

Here's the oddest thing they've found so far through, an old video processor/titler.

Nobody in the family ever worked in video and they've been living there since the 60s. :confused::confused::confused:

91683837-050f-40fc-9450-3ef0315c7c61.jpg

Edit - updated image from my mam with the most 90s looking water gun ever created.

Looks great, resisting the urge to play until the mvs version is released!!

Doge wrote: »
    Speaking of the megadrive....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Did anyone try put a crt in an arcade 1-up? I've a 14" trintron tube that might fit.

I think the bigger problem is converting the LCD panel interface into RGB than getting the TV to fit. Unless you plan on replacing the emulator as well.

I think the bigger problem is converting the LCD panel interface into RGB than getting the TV to fit. Unless you plan on replacing the emulator as well.

If you were going to the bother of putting in a crt would be handiest just to make it jamma altogether.. be interested to see if a 14” can fit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Anybody have their hands on the new bitmap book on Metal Slug?

Might order but would like to hear some feedback first.

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wonder if the Switch edition of Xenocrisis is the NeoGeo version running in an emulator?

Might be a more accessible version if it is the case, for some of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

Where's the best place to sell off a collection of snes consoles and games ( besides marketplace of course! ).

Don't want to sell individual games. I'm guessing Ebay auction?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

peddlelies wrote: »
    Where's the best place to sell off a collection of snes consoles and games ( besides marketplace of course! ).

Don't want to sell individual games. I'm guessing Ebay auction?

cape-vulture-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

peddlelies wrote: »

Dontt want to sell individual games. I'm guessing Ebay auction?

Stick it up in the market place sure and see, someone might take it

Advertisement