Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade & Retro Chat' Special Championship Edition

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

Stick it up in the market place sure and see, someone might take it

I will tomorrow, I just don't what price I should be asking and I don't want to ask an absurd price just a fair one. I have a gamecube + games and some other stuff I need to get pictures for.

https://imgur.com/a/UhplSQ4

I'll go through ebay listings and see what the going rates are, it's been a good few years since I collected or sold anything gaming related. Moving away in the new year so the snes classic yolk with have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Very very nice collection

I'll give you €100 to take if off your hands, no questions asked :P

But seriously some heavy hitters price wise in there. Makes me regret selling off some of my NTSC boxed SNES games

• Registered Users Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭Inviere

peddlelies wrote: »
    I will tomorrow, I just don't what price I should be asking and I don't want to ask an absurd price just a fair one. I have a gamecube + games and some other stuff I need to get pictures for.

https://imgur.com/a/UhplSQ4

I'll go through ebay listings and see what the going rates are, it's been a good few years since I collected or sold anything gaming related. Moving away in the new year so the snes classic yolk with have to do.

Some lovely pieces there. I did similar to you a few years back, sold off the bulk of a whole collection. Unfortunately, you'll struggle to sell it on in one go...and in doing so will severely short change yourself. The only realistic way is to list everything and piece it all up. I used a combination of the Marketplace here and Adverts. Use ebay sold item pricing to gauge your prices, and go from there. Best of luck

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I wonder if the Switch edition of Xenocrisis is the NeoGeo version running in an emulator?

Might be a more accessible version if it is the case, for some of us.

The Neo Geo is basically a supercharged Megadrive so I'd say if you have the source code, which the original dev will have, it's a very easy source port.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭Inviere

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The Neo Geo is basically a supercharged Megadrive so I'd say if you have the source code, which the original dev will have, it's a very easy source port.

Yeah definitely not likely an emulator, and very more likely a source port.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭geotrig

nice snes collection, as said ,being sold as bulk will reduce what you get for it though but nice instant collection for someone if they have the funds !

• Registered Users Posts: 34,446 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wow :eek: that's a bit of a bargain.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

For those of you who, if I remember correctly, waited an age and spent a fortune on Sturmwind for their Dreamcasts, spare a thought for the poor Switch owners who are getting Sturmwind Ex on the 8th of this month for €12.99!

Looks like the projector has been replaced with a widescreen tv though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Went into a second hand shop in Hiroshima yesterday and there were some great retro bargains in it. Plenty of GC and N64 units for about €30 each. They also had a boxed Mega Drive 1 for about €90.

Looks like the projector has been replaced with a widescreen tv though :(

oh yea,didnt even notice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

My OSSC just arrived in parcel motel for collection, I will give it a run tonight on the Megadrive and Super Famicom and see how it fairs.

:( well it does not work on my TV, works fine on my PC monitor but I just got unlucky. Guess I will need to buy a new TV now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

:( well it does not work on my TV, works fine on my PC monitor but I just got unlucky. Guess I will need to buy a new TV now.

Ah no, why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Play with the settings, your TV might not just support one of the output resolutions.
    Their wiki isn't working right now but have a look at a quickstart PDF. I think the SNES either did or still does have some capability issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

This looks incredible, it's a handheld C64.

FB-IMG-1573072711185.jpg

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/dOqA8K

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Wow, that is really fecking god damn awesome. Pity it ain't real and not an Amstrad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Was just looking at the capcom arcade Home arcade. Is their a thread on it someone can point me to to convince me not to get it? Looks so cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

This looks incredible, it's a handheld C64.

FB-IMG-1573072711185.jpg

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/dOqA8K

OMFG!!!!!!!!

Handheld Boulder Dash :D

• Advertisement

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Play with the settings, your TV might not just support one of the output resolutions.
    Their wiki isn't working right now but have a look at a quickstart PDF. I think the SNES either did or still does have some capability issues

cheers yeah with lots of messing about I managed to get some picture with 5x resolution but it had a green hue, the SNES does not work at all.

If anyone is heading to the Insomnia Dublin Gaming festival this weekend in the RDS then you can find me in the Retrozone where I will be demonstrating Super Mario Kart.

I can promise this is not a ruse to get everyone playing Boulder Dash :D

So if any boardsies are attending please drop by and say hello

Tickets available here

https://insomniagamingdublin.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Sparks43 wrote: »
    If anyone is heading to the Insomnia Dublin Gaming festival this weekend in the RDS then you can find me in the Retrozone where I will be demonstrating Super Mario Kart.

I can promise this is not a ruse to get everyone playing Boulder Dash :D

So if any boardsies are attending please drop by and say hello

Tickets available here

https://insomniagamingdublin.ie/
    I'll be there...I think.

I'll be there...I think.

Excellent. Drop by if you get the chance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Excellent. Drop by if you get the chance
    You be there Saturday or Sunday?

Both days. Will be a mixed event of Time Trial, Battle, Match Race and 150cc.

Everyone will be welcome to play and I’m going to do some mini competitions as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

There's like 8 cons this weekend lol I remember it was at 7 and then another got announced

J Con, Insomnia, Valkyrie Con, Cork RPG, BGI Con, Premier Con, Wexworlds and I think there's another
    Not all for the same crowd of course but it's awks

There's like 8 cons this weekend lol I remember it was at 7 and then another got announced

J Con, Insomnia, Valkyrie Con, Cork RPG, BGI Con, Premier Con, Wexworlds and I think there's another
    Not all for the same crowd of course but it's awks

That’s a busy weekend for sure.

Apparently Saturday at the RDS is sold out so hopefully a good few people drop over to play

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just in case any of you were wondering where all those useless Megadrive Flashback atgames clones went, after the Megadrive Mini came out, Lidl have them!
    Somehow a bargain at only €69.99!

https://extra.ie/2019/11/06/news/irish-news/lidl-sega-mega-drive-flashback

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just in case any of you were wondering where all those useless Megadrive Flashback atgames clones went, after the Megadrive Mini came out, Lidl have them!
    Somehow a bargain at only €69.99!

https://extra.ie/2019/11/06/news/irish-news/lidl-sega-mega-drive-flashback

Is it ****?

Advertisement