Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade & Retro Chat' Special Championship Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Pretty sure that's a real thing now with RC cars and vr headsets. I saw it on a episode of workaholics :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

We really are getting some holy grail official translations lately.

Moon is coming to Switch. Been waiting on a translation of that game for years and now it's actually coming from an official source.

Would it be too much to ask for a translation of Linda3 ??

• Registered Users Posts: 34,446 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I nearly dropped my monocle into my glass of fine port watching Nintendo Direct last night - Deadly Premonition 2 coming to the Switch? AND a remaster of the original???

It's a good time to be alive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Never heard of that game at all :eek:

Did a patch ever get released or is it still Japan only? Would love to give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

And here's a piece about when fan translation drama turns sour:

That's a shame, I was hoping that would see the light of day eventually.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Never heard of that game at all :eek:

Did a patch ever get released or is it still Japan only? Would love to give it a go.

A patch was released that wasn't quite finished, the original fan translator wasn't happy with the quality and caused a **** storm so it got pulled.

I don't get it, why release your work open source if you don't want people to continue working on it. And of course something will get released first which isn't complete, these things take time before full release.

This reminds me of the uproar over a Fire emblem translation. One guy was working on it for 20+ years. Fan Translation etiquette meant nobody else could work on it. Then a full translation was released by an outsider and the entire community came down on that person for ruining the other guys work.

Anyone been to barcadia in Cork recently?
    I wonder have they added much or kept their games in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

We really are getting some holy grail official translations lately.

Moon is coming to Switch. Been waiting on a translation of that game for years and now it's actually coming from an official source.

Would it be too much to ask for a translation of Linda3 ??

Literally just listed my copy for sale, finally came to the conclusion that I can't ever really fully enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Back from Token, it was *very* busy. The new space looks savage but it doesn't help with the cramped conditions. If anything it's worse because you've got extra people for basically the same amount of machines. Barely got a go on anything. There was also empty glasses absolutely everywhere, didn't have anywhere to put my drinks. Just played some pinball, Time Crisis and Sega Rally.

I've been during busy weekends before but the extra capacity seems worse. Food was lovely as always, it's just a shame the cheapskate deal isn't on at the weekends anymore and prices are creeping up.

I'm being critical, I like Token, I just feel like the experience isn't as good as it used to be.

Has anyone been to the arcade with the bowling in Bray recently? I might head out there and get some bowling in. Good selection of games last time I was there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I think Token model has proven popular enough that they could move to a new larger space and do well. Adding the extra room didn't help much like you say.

This reminds me of the uproar over a Fire emblem translation. One guy was working on it for 20+ years. Fan Translation etiquette meant nobody else could work on it. Then a full translation was released by an outsider and the entire community came down on that person for ruining the other guys work.
    Wtf, thats ridiculous. the guy had 20 years to release something and he couldn't/wouldn't. Sh1t or get off the pot. Online communities never cease to disappoint me, one of the few constants in life.

Lads,
    Will a disassembled naomi fit in a hatch back?
    Its been awhile since I had one.
    I plan on putting the legs on the roofrack.
    Should be ok yea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭geotrig

should do,,I'm fairly sure i've seen one crammed into a fiesta!! it only the base and monitor you need space for the rest is smallish and will fit anywhere

geotrig wrote: »
    should do,,I'm fairly sure i've seen one crammed into a fiesta!! it only the base and monitor you need space for the rest is smallish and will fit anywhere

Its also a driver.....
    yea I think it'll be ok.
    The base is disgusting heavy if I remember correctly.
    Do you know what tools are needed?

Its also a driver.....
    yea I think it'll be ok.
    The base is disgusting heavy if I remember correctly.
    Do you know what tools are needed?

jesus, it ages since Ive been at one but a ratchet set and some security torx bits ..one of the easier cabs to pull apart for the most part. does it have a seat rest as well ?

Yep,
    it has a base for the pedals and the seatpost.
    + the big sub.
    and a marquee.....

Been years since I stripped one too.

Yep,
    it has a base for the pedals and the seatpost.
    + the big sub.
    and a marquee.....

Been years since I stripped one too.
    with the extras it will fill your space a bit more but I'd still guess it'd fit
    good quick guide from penhros there ..... im sure there was a better strip down guide but cant find it.

https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17758&p=225980&hilit=dismantle+naomi+how+to#p225980

I didnt even considering that it could be locked.Better bring a drill with me .

Master of the Universe

Oooh new acquisition? nice!

What game is in it at the mo?

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Oooh new acquisition? nice!

What game is in it at the mo?

Hopefully it works out,18 wheeler:D

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Hopefully it works out,18 wheeler:D

18 Wheelers are lovely, nice and red like Confidental Mission. I removed my pedestal on C Mission cab as it takes up so much less space now.

I took apart a wild rider and C Mission base over the last few years.
    The base has some large nuts and bolts and tbh hardest part is years of dirt, dead spiders and getting the wireing separated, its a dose.

Fine if you have hours at home but on site collecting it could take a while, either way its easy enough just takes time to do it right.

As for fitting it in car, Noami I did no hassle in a 2 door Focus ST :)
    But with heavy ass sub woofer, driving CP is heavy too and base youd be pushing it a bit in asmall car, easier to hire a van 50e if it was me tbh.

Best of luck. Im putting some Naomi parts up for sell later tonight too.

1rlfI9HolLasE2fp38k5DhfllOaKcFx24Sn5e6s0UAqHeTfVUaBxP40waxNvgrCHr53CwzFYfuVp25Id7vn1WqVuiQiYGYzBdbz8YF6OJj71lhEYKEF9-y8SAYQuCRijxbJlm-vAdM9ZQ1L247IDIoGnacQNWf07WOrgiEo_ZOLkV07Eft9T_Uul8L-AS8hSBp6_oaPYs9qK1njVB7rfzrZN7fZaejOw9mdXjwMrl9Xvg7ezgkl5ZAquyjuouymUZEI_cjxQdhd3LXHIemKi4FcuHwn_6FrauZuWkw-ROYDPrZ5KQ8ZzEdU4NcZ8NZZ02oZ-fzBF5zA6F-tdBEEI7mhZCsOHKTzBHf2bffLCJdKvhrkkFbQdWK0uEPMx0Sf_lyXu_cjnM_H7i1tcFlN7MSg2fGvnaJyC_Bew4vpx4nOBHf1knUZq5_b50EZ68raeIRPzYEpbQ2TrOuqGp1ZwENjN5NgrGArgWgSM9RTjh7RumNb5XOfTjB4jqgPB3X4sudBfr0PZJdKugbJK3INUNLpsn28LWShl27xgoRcj_DYqnuSt178q7djGxlK013WKfNTNzIBYWh00o3BAtdWxVotfPEB3PAeBzpl0MMJKF8Xl2yQLcZx53WZVTJsXz1L7uwa8VEB18v80K12_fUnmBRolbq7X5EDOiCpanIBHamtZRDCRwQEEebY=w628-h368-no

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Hey All,

I threw some bits for sales up on boards before I go to Adverts or elsewhere, just a heads up for fellow boardies :)
    More importantly After maybe 15 years of this collecting, I finally have the Game room more or less completed bar small parts.
    • Couldnt be more chuffed, its a proper lifetime bucket list item finally completed.
    • Some highlights include
    • Drivers: Sega Rally Twin, Outrun 2 SP conversion
    • Gun Cab: Confidental Mission
    • Candy Cabs: 2 Naomis NNC, 1 Egrets \ 1AWSDs , 1 Taito Vewlix
    • 1 Taito Cocktail that I actually played as a child, now mine, 5 year old Kev didnt know it back then :)
    • Its been a long road, especially the size of collection such beasts and so many monitors blowing! CRT Madness times 10!
    • Big thanks to so many on here for all the help over the years, some great chaps ye are, without likes Ciaran day 1 years ago to Mozie today id have nada completed! :)
    • Now to actually play the god dam things and not spent years fixin them all :)

jeYDfonH_8W67DjFn1lrABIrxHpj3hmk8yoXVymTWCUlJSMBr7GmsGyh8M8FdtR3DFHo77QLTE90IJJtqQ04bPvXy7R6nrFvVTLNQOcsCaoT7uyWHdk-2ohFm8aScdOQC946X9L7vFGG4eBGTmFfyDH33jDuuFqonQJtcC7NGgbk4ACnG1B7ew_wtncjosAAXgkpMRMf57haMgYBjlVADJgG5Q0dJt8PeQGs9yQVoxnJxMK4jngPQJpy9UJjo8M0DfxYal9chDyeIm_Nr-BehCaBck9OMmckuBMztPdTMgidDuq4qu0aRaSY7DHrAfUy444MUaJ8NKZMM6_AlKwQfenk9ZenBP4b_jBVEWIYIp-h6IDBuos_ryGcjSu9inVIBABPszgE0nbBaU89mmVGmK_Y3LsrQ7ctvxBO4hN-rpzQI0Hr-pHQq534aUgmF9ViWmvNEqWlDjU9rfx1j_BuhRKBQLFC0nypa11OJSC5p-2LVOyS-UqLvihwphVkmEMbeiGBXCG_-9s6aKzIDfLK8XtayCoJd4X8B6UOi9D8v4rIPPxoYlDF89ZWOVeuLN4i51KIE4J3ceND-Dx4BDDmhdk3oJLajg5ZGXqN2ASMpP4hxUaDUP7qR2lWOenq96xvYKx_sFxyAH9XRlDSEARhYdXfvfHSjcHEKCNsl171d1oPiADZkkzSIiwkyhx677-M17Hf3aYsHo-KLnB5Bc4HmnL5frSxBJAYZsMi-27kcM2r2eca=w1440-h295-no

Master of the Universe

Holy jaysus, :eek: you can legitimately say you actually have an arcade - well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

kevin2me wrote: »
    Hey All,

I threw some bits for sales up on boards before I go to Adverts or elsewhere, just a heads up for fellow boardies :)
    More importantly After maybe 15 years of this collecting, I finally have the Game room more or less completed bar small parts.
    • Couldnt be more chuffed, its a proper lifetime bucket list item finally completed.
    • Some highlights include
    • Drivers: Sega Rally Twin, Outrun 2 SP conversion
    • Gun Cab: Confidental Mission
    • Candy Cabs: 2 Naomis NNC, 1 Egrets \ 1AWSDs , 1 Taito Vewlix
    • 1 Taito Cocktail that I actually played as a child, now mine, 5 year old Kev didnt know it back then :)
    • Its been a long road, especially the size of collection such beats and so many monitors blowing! CRT Madness times 10!
    • Big thanks to so many on here for all the help over the years, some great chaps ye are, without likes Ciaran day 1 years ago to Mozie today id have nada completed! :)
    • Now to actually play the god dam things and not spent years fixin them all :)

jeYDfonH_8W67DjFn1lrABIrxHpj3hmk8yoXVymTWCUlJSMBr7GmsGyh8M8FdtR3DFHo77QLTE90IJJtqQ04bPvXy7R6nrFvVTLNQOcsCaoT7uyWHdk-2ohFm8aScdOQC946X9L7vFGG4eBGTmFfyDH33jDuuFqonQJtcC7NGgbk4ACnG1B7ew_wtncjosAAXgkpMRMf57haMgYBjlVADJgG5Q0dJt8PeQGs9yQVoxnJxMK4jngPQJpy9UJjo8M0DfxYal9chDyeIm_Nr-BehCaBck9OMmckuBMztPdTMgidDuq4qu0aRaSY7DHrAfUy444MUaJ8NKZMM6_AlKwQfenk9ZenBP4b_jBVEWIYIp-h6IDBuos_ryGcjSu9inVIBABPszgE0nbBaU89mmVGmK_Y3LsrQ7ctvxBO4hN-rpzQI0Hr-pHQq534aUgmF9ViWmvNEqWlDjU9rfx1j_BuhRKBQLFC0nypa11OJSC5p-2LVOyS-UqLvihwphVkmEMbeiGBXCG_-9s6aKzIDfLK8XtayCoJd4X8B6UOi9D8v4rIPPxoYlDF89ZWOVeuLN4i51KIE4J3ceND-Dx4BDDmhdk3oJLajg5ZGXqN2ASMpP4hxUaDUP7qR2lWOenq96xvYKx_sFxyAH9XRlDSEARhYdXfvfHSjcHEKCNsl171d1oPiADZkkzSIiwkyhx677-M17Hf3aYsHo-KLnB5Bc4HmnL5frSxBJAYZsMi-27kcM2r2eca=w1440-h295-no

# life goals, that is unreal, delighted you got a nice set up for them

kevin2me wrote: »

As for fitting it in car, Noami I did no hassle in a 2 door Focus ST :)

Its a 3 door gti,the roof rack should buy me some extra space for the legs.

Thats some arcade kev!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

How cool is that, your own mini arcade :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Has anyone played 3D Realms new game called Ion Fury yet?
    It's another build engine game but with a female protagonist this time and it's getting great reviews.

They even brought back the big box format for the game and are currently shipping them.

You can order a floppy version also.

490343.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Didn't read the last page and wow, congratulations Kev, the arcade is looking amazing.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Interesting fact I remember reading a few months ago, the lead character in that game was originally meant to be a Duke Nukem sidekick years back.

Page about her here. Female game characters really have changed since the 90s!

https://dukenukem.fandom.com/wiki/Bombshell

Advertisement