Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan Shark Needed - URGENT Ex gambled all my money

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

When I worked in the gambling industry we called the likes of him degenerates!

Really feel for you OP try the Garda again, ask for a female one she might be a little more sympathetic to you.

Don't those payday lenders still exist, Wonga?
    Now, with the interest they charge, they are no better than a money lender.

They probably wouldn't threaten to dislocate your knees though.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sammyy24

God bless the innocence.
    How do you know it’s not all a load of sh1te.
    Maybe it’s her is gambling and is looking for money through the go fund me.
    I’m not buying any of the story.
    Cars sold but still for sale.
    No ta.

I sold my ex's car, I still have mine, I'm torn between selling it or sleeping in it, that's how I got some of the money I needed.

I am not asking for any monetary help here, just recommendations or if anyone knows anybody who has dealt with fast cash loans.

And I'm not asking because I have received nothing but threats since I set up the gofund me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Think she said she sold her ex's car but still has her own.

I don’t believe a word of any of it.
    Do you reckon a person gambling every penny they could get and more would leave a car after them and not have it sold fast themselves.
    I’m smelling several rats on this thread

Sammyy24 wrote: »
    I sold my ex's car

So, you stole your exes car and sold it. Right.

And before you ask, no you cannot sell his car just because he stole your money. Two wrongs etc. etc. And the person you sold it to is driving around in a stolen car.

• Advertisement

When I worked in the gambling industry we called the likes of him degenerates!

Really feel for you OP try the Garda again, ask for a female one she might be a little more sympathetic to you.

Thank you. I did try to help him, I helped him get back on his feet, I paid for nearly everything and even set up meetings for him to get help, unfortunately I am the bigger idiot here, he just gets to walk away with no ramifications.

Thanks I will, I think they are sick of the sight of me at this stage though

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭14dMoney

Apply for a credit card, bank loan, or go to your credit union. DO NOT GO TO A LOAN SHARK!

So, you stole your exes car and sold it. Right.

And before you ask, no you cannot sell his car just because he stole your money. Two wrongs etc. etc. And the person you sold it to is driving around in a stolen car.

It was my car, I bought it for him to use, it was in my name, so it's not stolen??

It was my car, I bought it for him to use, it was in my name, so it's not stolen??

So, it's not your exes. Okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Thank you. I did try to help him, I helped him get back on his feet, I paid for nearly everything and even set up meetings for him to get help, unfortunately I am the bigger idiot here, he just gets to walk away with no ramifications.

You didn’t help him.
    You enabled him.
    That’s if any of this thread is true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

Jeez, i dunno. If my daughters' boyfriend robbed all her money I reckon he'd struggle to walk properly for six months.

I don’t believe a word of any of it.
    Do you reckon a person gambling every penny they could get and more would leave a car after them and not have it sold fast themselves.
    I’m smelling several rats on this thread

No offence, but what would I even be getting out of posting this thread?

I'm asking for recommendations for cash loans, loan sharks etc not money from people on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I reported him to the guards but they said because he had access to my bank card that it's a civil dispute, he withdrew the €2000 must have gambled it all while I was in work and then text me to say sorry, he has a problem and that he is no good for me and then he just vanished.

The full amount was originally €2500, I gave the landlord €500, and was due to give her the rest on the 8th, the day he stole from me. I managed to get a weeks advance on my wages and some money from my ex's mother but still need the rest.

I get paid weekly so my rent won't be due until the 8th of November, so I should be fine then.

I have my car up for sale too, it's only an old golf but hoping it'll sell. In such a bad place right now, any loan shark recommendations would be great

You said in the OP that you had sold your car. If you are gonna lie you need a good memory.

emeldc wrote: »
    Jeez, i dunno. If my daughters' boyfriend robbed all her money I reckon he'd struggle to walk properly for six months.

You'd have sex your daughter's boyfriend :confused: Ugh, that's sick, man.

You said in the OP that you had sold your car. If you are gonna lie you need a good memory.

No, she had two cars. One with a NCB and the other a lot more expensive to insure. Adds up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Her name was on the logbook lads ffs she has already mentioned this. She also said she isn't looking for monetary help here so maybe all the part time detectives could lay off her a little bit

I have sold my bfs car and I am advertising mine too because If I can get the money for it soon as, I should be okay. There were two cars here, my bfs that I bought for him and mine...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

So what happens the Boyfriend? Does he just move on to take advantage of another girlfriend? Gambles away her money too? And then on again?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

I have sold my bfs car and I am advertising mine too because If I can get the money for it soon as, I should be okay. There were two cars here, my bfs that I bought for him and mine...

FFS...that was mistake number 1.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Speak to your LL first before you start selling anything else off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

You'd have sex your daughter's boyfriend :confused: Ugh, that's sick, man.

Well yea, but only after his legs were broken and he couldn't run away :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

gwalk wrote: »
    put the link up to your go fund me OP,

a few off here could donate to you

I have some magic beans for sale. I'll give you a very good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

You knew he had an out of control gambling habit but you gave him full access to your bank account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

It was in her name though so technically it was her car.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Go talk to FLAC about your legal options on the bank account being emptied.

minikin wrote: »
    You knew he had an out of control gambling habit but you gave him full access to your bank account.

I'm completely to blame here, I deserve this for even helping him really. I just want my dad paid back is all, couldn't care less about me

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

OP will the bank give you a credit card? Would take about 7-10 days but you could withdraw the limit and then replace it within 30 days with no interest charges.

I know, I was just trying to help. Bigger idiot here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Muahahaha wrote: »
    OP will the bank give you a credit card? Would take about 7-10 days but you could withdraw the limit and then replace it within 30 days with no interest charges.

Banks not an option due to gambling trans on account i think she said earlier

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Maybe somebody here is in the market for a golf. Priced for a quick sale. Have you tried the motor forum

For bonus points link it up and show us that that account sold a Peugeot recently. We may even have a whip around and use it for after hours meet ups. Hot boxes I believe the children call them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement