Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan Shark Needed - URGENT Ex gambled all my money

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Sammyy24 wrote: »
    Think what you like, I bought two cars, one for me and one for him, he's done a runner so I think I'm entitled to try and get myself out of this mess don't you?

Be as judgemental as you want, but at the end of the day, I'm only looking for advice, you're someone who goes out of their way to put people down

So why was his car in your name (your words) and now we find out your car is in his name??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Likeabossboss

I live in an apartment so they won't lend to me as they said I need a front door that leads onto the street, the same as umbrella and r&p

Bull ****

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sammyy24

I use my bank account for paddy power every week. I’ve never had a loan or overdraft request turned down.

They have refused me, the bank account was only opened in June so maybe its not old enough? But he said if I show them I can put savings into an account every week for 3 months they might consider it, just doesn't help me now, hence asking about payday lenders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Just tell the truth, are you a Nigerian prince.

They have refused me, the bank account was only opened in June so maybe its not old enough? But he said if I show them I can put savings into an account every week for 3 months they might consider it, just doesn't help me now, hence asking about payday lenders

So the story changes again??

“As for the banks, no they won't help due to the gambling on the account”

• Advertisement

Bull ****

How is that bs? They literally even say on their sites that they won't lend to someone without a door on the street, unless you have advice about other lenders, jog on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Bull ****

Seriously smell of bull**** off this poster isn’t there mate? None of her story adds up.
    This is definitely someone with a drug debt that won’t admit it. Seen it before tooo many times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Think what you like, I bought two cars, one for me and one for him, he's done a runner so I think I'm entitled to try and get myself out of this mess don't you?

Be as judgemental as you want, but at the end of the day, I'm only looking for advice, you're someone who goes out of their way to put people down

I'm not judging you, I'm just asking you to explain the points I made in my post. You don't have to, if course, but you're taking the time to reply to most of us so why do you keep ignoring the questions? I also don't believe I've put you down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Bull ****

Their website says you need to be a resident in Ireland

Nothing about needing a door that leads to the street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

my friend unfortunately won't help.

Even without having read anything else in this thread (I'm a very busy man), I don't blame them. I've lent people money for their rent before and it was very difficult for them to pay me back - because they had to pay their rent again the following month, and the one after that, etc. You might have the best intentions. You might believe that you'll be able to repay them in no time, but life is expensive. Other expenses will crop up. In the absence of someone willing to gift you the money you need, it might be worth coming to some kind of arrangement with the landlord (you might have to cut your losses and lose what you've already paid) immediately and searching for somewhere much cheaper to rent - even if that means staying Mon-Fri in a family's box room while you save.

I'm currently paying close enough to 40% of my wages on renting on my own - After paying the rent, I can afford to live and save a little, but even still, I'm strongly considering sacrificing it all and going back to sharing in the near future because I'm not saving enough.

• Advertisement

Just by the by too. I used to work for AIB a few years ago. No lender will turn someone down flat, ‘because the account is new’. What they will do is ask for 6 months statements from your previous bank and assess from there. Your story has more holes in it than a soup strainer.

How has it changed, he said I should be able to get one because he gambles so I said maybe it's down to the age of the account, there's a question mark there to show that. I don't know, I'm just surmising

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Dear sir(?), you have my deepest sympathies where can I go fund you.

I hope your sleeping bag if you do go homeless wont have as many holes as this story

How has it changed, he said I should be able to get one because he gambles so I said maybe it's down to the age of the account, there's a question mark there to show that. I don't know, I'm just surmising

You are making statements that are provably untrue, then whinging that people are picking on you when they point out the lies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Maybe because I just came on here to ask advice, while I was at work, chucked my thread up, in the time it has been up all I have got is abuse, I have had people sending disgusting messages to me, when what have I actually done wrong except ask for advice and recommendations for payday lenders?

Yes my ex fudged me over, yes it's fkn **** and yes I don't need to explain myself anymore. If I had just come on here, not mentioned anything and just asked for payday lenders do you think I would get people like you trying to make me feel worse than I already do? No

If you have no advice to give, I don't need your two cents. I'm stressed enough without having to prove myself to random people.

The only advice I can offer is to report the messages, stop replying, and next time you want a list of licensed money lenders, Google it.

You are making statements that are provably untrue, then whinging that people are picking on you when they point out the lies.

I wrote an extremely quick question, asking if anyone knew any payday lenders except x y and z, and all I have gotten is abuse, there are no lies, ex gambled my money and vanished, I'm left picking up the pieces.

I have been refusing to show my gofundme, I have already refused two offers of financial help, all I was looking for is advice, what possible advantage would I get from lying when all I want is advice

The only advice I can offer is to report the messages, stop replying, and next time you want a list of licensed money lenders, Google it.

Thank you.
    Will stop replying now.

I wrote an extremely quick question, asking if anyone knew any payday lenders except x y and z, and all I have gotten is abuse, there are no lies, ex gambled my money and vanished, I'm left picking up the pieces.

I have been refusing to show my gofundme, I have already refused two offers of financial help, all I was looking for is advice, what possible advantage would I get from lying when all I want is advice

It’s a discussion board, not Google. Your story doesn’t add up whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

The ad on Gumtree has been taken down..hmm.

• Advertisement

There’s always hooking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Could you not go on the game for a few nights?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,014 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Go fund yourself.

To thine own self be true

I think this is a thread planted by Boards.ie staffers to try and create some buzz/discussion on AH. It’s very sad if true.

Thread title is looking for a loan shark, which is illegal and afaik you aren’t allowed ask where to find illegal things on boards. (You aren’t even allowed ask for a link ffs) Yet is still allowed lie and waffle for a good few hours throughout the day. Thread starter hasn’t used boards for 2 years until today. Yet it’s still going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Could you not go on the game for a few nights?

No need for me to start a thread on my financial woes, the answer to my problem right there ...Thanks Ginger

Anyone looking for a good albeit quick time hit me up on my gofookme page

Am I allowed to post a few phone numbers mods or PM the OP since loan sharks are illegal mods?

Since the thread is open I presume it’s okay?

The ad on Gumtree has been taken down..hmm.

No actually someone reported it, the same as the donedeal

I think this is a thread planted by Boards.ie staffers to try and create some buzz/discussion on AH. It’s very sad if true.

Thread title is looking for a loan shark, which is illegal and afaik you aren’t allowed ask where to find illegal things on boards. (You aren’t even allowed ask for a link ffs) Yet is still allowed lie and waffle for a good few hours throughout the day. Thread starter hasn’t used boards for 2 years until today. Yet it’s still going.

I don't even know why I'm responding but I haven't used it in 2 years because I use reddit and this is geared towards Ireland which is better for help in this country.

Haven't lied or waffled, have refused monetary help from about 6 people at this stage, was just looking for advice. Thanks to the people who reported my gumtree ad and donedeal ad, really know how to kick a girl when she's down.

I really really hope none of you go through a difficult time in your lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Could someone not post a genuine money lender since the op doesn't matter if she wants to pay high apr .
    Let that be the end of it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

I don't even know why I'm responding but I haven't used it in 2 years because I use reddit and this is geared towards Ireland which is better for help in this country.

Haven't lied or waffled, have refused monetary help from about 6 people at this stage, was just looking for advice. Thanks to the people who reported my gumtree ad and donedeal ad, really know how to kick a girl when she's down.

I really really hope none of you go through a difficult time in your lives.

Its irrelevant whether I believe you or not but After Hours really isnt the place to look for sane or serious advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement