Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan Shark Needed - URGENT Ex gambled all my money

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

PARlance wrote: »
    ^ The boyfriend
    Dice75 wrote: »
    €500 EW obvs :p

There ya go. €2500 in your pocket now OP.

You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sammyy24

Zamboni wrote: »
    I’m a skeptical prick at the best of times but I believe you.
    So I mean it that this comes from a good place when I say stop looking for €1,000 from loan scum.
    It’s a one way road into hell for you.
    You are at risk of homelessness. Don’t sell your car. It’s rent free to sleep in if it comes to it.
    Thank you, I have it up anyway, I'm hoping his uncle will be able to help out and then when the car sells I'll be able to start making a dent in things

To everyone positing their advice and well wishes, thanks so much, it means alot.

To the rest of you who obviously have nothing better to do than troll someone asking for advice, I hope none of you experience something like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

She'd have 2k in that case already.

Finished 2nd would have around 5k now if she took his advice

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Sammyy24 wrote: »
    Thank you, I have it up anyway, I'm hoping his uncle will be able to help out and then when the car sells I'll be able to start making a dent in things

How do you plan to sell a car that is not in your name? Are you going to forge the signature?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

sammy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I believe what you are saying, put pressure on his family to stump up, try not sell the car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

OP, if you really want guidance on moneylenders, there is a list of regulated money lenders on the Central Bank website. You can check and compare APRs, which are all obviously fantastically high, but if you are determined to go this route, at least go to a moneylender who is regulated and won't break your legs.

Kimbot wrote: »
    How do you plan to sell a car that is not in your name? Are you going to forge the signature?

That happens more than you think, anyway the name on the book is only the registered keeper not the owner

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

uchimata83 wrote: »
    Finished 2nd would have around 5k now if she took his advice

I was going to check the price until I spotted the name "Liars Corner" and thought to myself that the tip was just a wind up...

500e/w place at 16/1 wouldn't have got 5k, but the rent would have been paid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

Talk to MABS before resorting to a loan shark.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

That happens more than you think, anyway the name on the book is only the registered keeper not the owner

Yes and forging someone's signature is fraud, if this is real then they could end up in far more bother

I believe what you are saying, put pressure on his family to stump up, try not sell the car

Thank you, I appreciate that. I'm going to ring his uncle now and speak with his mother again, see what they can do to help. I really don't want to sell but will if I have to.

JDD wrote: »
    OP, if you really want guidance on moneylenders, there is a list of regulated money lenders on the Central Bank website. You can check and compare APRs, which are all obviously fantastically high, but if you are determined to go this route, at least go to a moneylender who is regulated and won't break your legs.

Thank you! I'm going to have a look at it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

How are the mods actually allowing this ****.

It took a basic catfish google image of the ad for the car to show that some fella called Adam is also selling this car.

She/Adam then claims they are using Adams old donedeal account to sell the car. You never said Adam was a car dealer who left you nothing but his car account.

Then a person who probably read a page posts how the people doubting her are a holes and eight people thank it.

Bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

And if Adam is a car dealer why did you buy him a car in your name?

Dice75 wrote: »
    Stick the 1k EW on Liars Corner in the 5.20 at Gowran Park. Should sort out your problems. PP going 4 places.

A random guess based on the name of the horse? Or are you actually clued in.. your name suggests you know what you're talking about... hmm.. think I might have to keep a close eye on your good self.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Adam is my ex, he's not a car dealer, I'm selling the car not him, he's god knows where after putting me royally in it.

I don't understand people like you, you know I've had 3 messages from people already asking to help and I've refused? All I'm looking for is advice. I don't want anyone's money, just advice.

Like that guy who told be about the site that let's you see all the different payday lenders, that's all I'm looking for. Jog on

The car is in "Mr. Adam"'s name, the donedeal account is "Adam" too. You say it's your everyday car, yet his car, which you claim that you bought for him, was in your name before you sold that.

Lots of pieces of your story don't add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

So to recap, your father, brother, close friends, friends, extended family and all your co workers won't help you sort this out. Not to mention the bank won't touch you or your rich friend.

Well, what does that say about you or this story

sunny2004 wrote: »
    So to recap, your father, brother, close friends, friends, extended family and all your co workers won't help you sort this out. Not to mention the bank won't touch you or your rich friend.

Well, what does that say about you or this story

My brother and father already helped me out, or was their money that was taken. My workplace gave me a 500 euro advance, my coworkers either live in rented accom or have families and my friend unfortunately won't help.

As for the banks, no they won't help due to the gambling on the account. Yes I'm an idiot for enabling someone with an addiction, but I also tried to help them with meetings,counselling and just being there for them.

What does it say about you? Coming onto a thread where someone is only looking for advice and picking them apart like this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Sounds more like you have a drug debt and can’t afford it! I smell bull off this post!!!

The car is in "Mr. Adam"'s name, the donedeal account is "Adam" too. You say it's your everyday car, yet his car, which you claim that you bought for him, was in your name before you sold that.

Lots of pieces of your story don't add up.

Think what you like, I bought two cars, one for me and one for him, he's done a runner so I think I'm entitled to try and get myself out of this mess don't you?

Be as judgemental as you want, but at the end of the day, I'm only looking for advice, you're someone who goes out of their way to put people down

Sounds more like you have a drug debt and can’t afford it! I smell bull off this post!!!

I'm not a scumbag, I don't and have never used drugs, call me boring.

Yes, what an awful person I am by asking for advice on payday lenders, I may as well change my name to Walter White.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I'm not a scumbag, I don't and have never used drugs, call me boring.

Yes, what an awful person I am by asking for advice on payday lenders, I may as well change my name to Walter White.

None of your stories add up. Smell of bull through me phone from your post!!
    Glad to see I’m not the only one who doesn’t believe you !
    Your “ ex” takes your money which is a criminal offense and instead of getting the Garda involved you go straight to boards.ie? Asking for a loan shark?

Kimbot wrote: »
    Yes and forging someone's signature is fraud, if this is real then they could end up in far more bother

Dont be so dramatic. This happens all of the time in the motor trade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Likeabossboss

You must have the worst credit history of all time if provident refuses to loan to you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Your “ ex” takes your money which is a criminal offense and instead of getting the Garda involved you go straight to boards.ie? Asking for a loan shark?
    The money is gone.

Going to the Gardai won't get it back.

Maybe if you had read the rest of the comments you would see that I have reported him, I have a pulse number for it and everything but it could take weeks to get sorted if it even does, as the garda said, I basically gave him access to my account so it's not exactly stealing and boards is my last resort for finding info on any payday lenders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

My brother and father already helped me out, or was their money that was taken. My workplace gave me a 500 euro advance, my coworkers either live in rented accom or have families and my friend unfortunately won't help.

As for the banks, no they won't help due to the gambling on the account. Yes I'm an idiot for enabling someone with an addiction, but I also tried to help them with meetings,counselling and just being there for them.

What does it say about you? Coming onto a thread where someone is only looking for advice and picking them apart like this?

I use my bank account for paddy power every week. I’ve never had a loan or overdraft request turned down.

• Advertisement

You must have the worst credit history of all time if provident refuses to loan to you

I live in an apartment so they won't lend to me as they said I need a front door that leads onto the street, the same as umbrella and r&p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement