Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan Shark Needed - URGENT Ex gambled all my money

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Sammyy24 wrote: »
    I'm completely to blame here, I deserve this for even helping him really. I just want my dad paid back is all, couldn't care less about me

Your Dad will understand, presume you have told your family what has happened.
    They might even help out.

Presuming this isn’t all a great big fantasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,131 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I'm completely to blame here, I deserve this for even helping him really. I just want my dad paid back is all, couldn't care less about me

So is the bottom line that you need €1000 in a hurry?
    Can your father not give you another €1000 given the situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sammyy24

Muahahaha wrote: »
    OP will the bank give you a credit card? Would take about 7-10 days but you could withdraw the limit and then replace it within 30 days with no interest charges.

I tried but they refused me, there are a few instances of his gambling recorded on my account so it looks bad for me

BDI wrote: »
    Maybe somebody here is in the market for a golf. Priced for a quick sale. Have you tried the motor forum

I have it advertised on gumtree and two other car sites. Had two no shows already,

So is the bottom line that you need €1000 in a hurry?
    Can your father not give you another €1000 given the situation?

No, he gave me the money with the promise that he would be paid back before November, he took it from his credit union and needs it for medical bills

• Advertisement

minikin wrote: »
    Your Dad will understand, presume you have told your family what has happened.
    They might even help out.

Presuming this isn’t all a great big fantasy.

I would give my left arm to have this be a fantasy.
    I haven't told them, they both needed it, my dad for medical expenses and my brother is going back to college, so I couldn't do that to them.

Post photos of the Golf, with a copy of today's National Skeptic in the foreground.

Why can't you simply move back in with your dad - sorry if i missed that bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Draig

What about talking to your bank about a temporary overdraft, or applying for a credit card?

BDI wrote: »
    Maybe somebody here is in the market for a golf. Priced for a quick sale. Have you tried the motor forum

For bonus points link it up and show us that that account sold a Peugeot recently. We may even have a whip around and use it for after hours meet ups. Hot boxes I believe the children call them.

I would be lucky if I even got €500 for it, it's 2002. No, I'm not asking for money from anyone on here, thank you though.

I had a gofundme and received nothing but abuse and threats.

All I want is recommendations for payday lenders, or as bad as it sounds, dodgy loan sharks,

• Advertisement

I haven't told them, they both needed it, my dad for medical expenses and my brother is going back to college, so I couldn't do that to them.

What about your ex's parents? After all it was their son who robbed you.

I would be lucky if I even got €500 for it, it's 2002. No, I'm not asking for money from anyone on here, thank you though.

I had a gofundme and received nothing but abuse and threats.

All I want is recommendations for payday lenders, or as bad as it sounds, dodgy loan sharks,

Amigo loans. Ask your dad to be a guarantor. Sorted. Thread \

Post photos of the Golf, with a copy of today's National Skeptic in the foreground.

Here is my golf seen as you keep assuming I am a scam when I have literally not asked a single person for money but if it'll shut you up:

https://www.gumtree.ie/a-cars/dublin/2002-volkswagen-golf-hatchback/1006082351290912477385609

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Jeepers, taking this thread at face value, it would be lovely if all the posters throwing wild accusations around and making suggestions that have been made six times already would actually READ THE WHOLE THREAD.

It's not that long! Yet.

What about your ex's parents? After all it was their son who robbed you.

His mother gave me €500 which helped but won't help with anything else unfortunately, She has two young children too so I couldn't be bad and harass her for more

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Here is my golf seen as you keep assuming I am a scam when I have literally not asked a single person for money but if it'll shut you up:

https://www.gumtree.ie/a-cars/dublin/2002-volkswagen-golf-hatchback/1006082351290912477385609

that ad was only posted 10 mins ago.........

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

can you talk to MABs ?

https://www.mabs.ie/en/how_we_help/who_we_help.html

even if only it sounds better coming from them, and it helps to talk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

You'll get €450 max

Well obviously not communicating with them is a fantastic plan... :rolleyes:

Here I'll play along.

Why did you need a loan of a deposit from your father?
    You have a good job don't you?
    Why are you living beyond your means?
    Buying a car for someone else when you haven't a pot to relieve yourself in?
    Who gives their bank details to a gamblaholic?
    Who gets into a lease with a moneysponge?
    Who lets a couple move in to an apartment without receiving the deposit first?

Kimbot wrote: »
    that ad was only posted 10 mins ago.........

It has been pending since this morning....

Sorry to sound rude but I don't understand why any of you trying to prove I am a scam are doing this? I have not and do not want money from anyone, I am asking for advice for payday lenders and if anyone knows of any loan sharks???

• Advertisement

I don't think you're scamming anyone... though it might just be a very creative way of marketing a car for sale :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

It has been pending since this morning....

Sorry to sound rude but I don't understand why any of you trying to prove I am a scam are doing this? I have not and do not want money from anyone, I am asking for advice for payday lenders and if anyone knows of any loan sharks???

OK i'll bite, you wont get recommendations for a loan shark here, as you say yourself they are dodgy. As the mod here I will remove any recommendation that is not above board.

Some (not so) Ninja editing going on there. :D

Edit - and I don't mean the op.

Well obviously not communicating with them is a fantastic plan... :rolleyes:

Here I'll play along.

Why did you need a loan of a deposit from your father?
    You have a good job don't you?
    Why are you living beyond your means?
    Buying a car for someone else when you haven't a pot to relieve yourself in?
    Who gives their bank details to a gamblaholic?
    Who gets into a lease with a moneysponge?
    Who lets a couple move in to an apartment without receiving the deposit first?

[url][/url]

Seen as you want to play detective, here is a copy of my lease for your perusal.

Yes we have figured out that I am an absolute idiot for trying to help someone with an addiction who has bled me dry and promised this time things would be different.

MOD Removed link due to name

• Registered Users Posts: 35,683 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Every vehicle on Gumtree uses ebay imaging for posting the pictures uploaded.

His mother gave me €500 which helped but won't help with anything else unfortunately, She has two young children too so I couldn't be bad and harass her for more

What about his father?

[url][/url]

Seen as you want to play detective, here is a copy of my lease for your perusal.

Yes we have figured out that I am an absolute idiot for trying to help someone with an addiction who has bled me dry and promised this time things would be different.

I wouldn't leave your name on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

MOD Removed name....

What about his father?

He doesn't have a father, he has an uncle who I have asked for help but I'm not holding my breath

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Please take that link down! Your full name is on it and the full name of the landlord. It’s not safe to do that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement