Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan Shark Needed - URGENT Ex gambled all my money

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Could give it direct to landlord? Ring him, confirm the situation and then give to him if you are generous enough to do that.

I'm the landlord, pm me for bank details folks.

I would let Sammy off the deposit for a few weeks but my dog ate my granny who was holding my life savings at the time and now I've to pay for the funeral.

Anyone know any vulture funds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

And only 4 of the 5 pics are on the gumtree advert

Conveniently leaving out the one with a name on

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sammyy24

And it went up 6 days ago. :rolleyes:

Because the money was taken last week and that's when I moved in......

• Registered Users Posts: 35,679 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sammyy24 wrote: »
    Okay, I genuinely don't care what any of you think, I don't want money from anyone on here, I have said it I don't know how many times now. I have come here to ask for advice for fast cash loans, payday lenders and so on.

I was an idiot by helping someone like that and if you really want to know, I did have money, not much but was comfortable and yes, it has all gone by trying to and I guess enabling someone with a serious addiction.

And not that it is anyone's business but my father is a recovering alcoholic, he had a stroke a few months back and is recovering, while getting sober. He was sober for 10 years and relapsed and the reason I only said medical expenses is because it is embarrassing and no one else's business.

Yes the done deal is my exs account, I am selling it there. I don't want anything from anyone, just advice about payday lenders

I believe you. Like you said you don't want money, just advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Are you hot OP?

• Advertisement

gwalk wrote: »
    And only 4 of the 5 pics are on the gumtree advert

Conveniently leaving out the one with a name on

How am I conveniently leaving out the one with the name on if it's in the ad???

Yes the done deal is my exs account, I am selling it there. I don't want anything from anyone, just advice about payday lenders

I've listed a half decent one twice and no response to those posts.

And you said your name was on the log book. So, no matter what you say that's a definite lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

lol I don't have facebook
    I tried St Vincent De Paul, the lady I spoke to was actually awful to me and refused to help. I set up a go fund me but the internet being the internet, all I have gotten is death threats, gotta love facebook

More inaccuracies...

I believe you. Like you said you don't want money, just advice.

Thank you at least one person does. I know loan sharks are not the way to go but that's all I am looking for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

How am I conveniently leaving out the one with the name on if it's in the ad???

Your gumtree add didnt have 5 pics like the done deal and from your man Adam does

• Advertisement

IP freely wrote: »
    More inaccuracies...

I don't have a personal facebook, I set one up to post the gofundme...my god why bother commenting, I am looking for advice, if you don't have any, go away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Okay, I genuinely don't care what any of you think, I don't want money from anyone on here, I have said it I don't know how many times now. I have come here to ask for advice for fast cash loans, payday lenders and so on.

I was an idiot by helping someone like that and if you really want to know, I did have money, not much but was comfortable and yes, it has all gone by trying to and I guess enabling someone with a serious addiction.

And not that it is anyone's business but my father is a recovering alcoholic, he had a stroke a few months back and is recovering, while getting sober. He was sober for 10 years and relapsed and the reason I only said medical expenses is because it is embarrassing and no one else's business.

OP you don't owe anyone on here anything..... Please don't feel obliged to give out any more personal information. They're all just bored and looking for something to do.....

As is your full name, mobile phone number etc are too available.

Sorry to hear of your problems - The bit that depresses me is your car looks like its worth a lot more to you than the crappy €450 you'd get by selling it.

gwalk wrote: »
    Your gumtree add didnt have 5 pics like the done deal and from your man Adam does

wow okay, don't know what to tell you there, I am in work, I'm desperate and have just been throwing the ad up everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

The amount of judgemental pricks in here is staggering.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I agree with the above, I think you should give up on this now. You've got no actual advice since about page 2, and are disclosing more and more personal info that is really nobody's business.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I don't have a personal facebook, I set one up to post the gofundme...my god why bother commenting, I am looking for advice, if you don't have any, go away

Why would the golf be in your bfs name? And how do you plan on selling it in his name?? Fake moustache??

Just goes the show, you can fool some of the people all the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

If the Golf is in your boyfriend's name is it a good idea to sell it?
    Could you be accused of selling stolen goods?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Stick the 1k EW on Liars Corner in the 5.20 at Gowran Park. Should sort out your problems. PP going 4 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭claregal1

Hi OP don't have any advice in relation to loan sharks - I would advise you to talk to your landlord. Also if you get your wages paid into a bank account , with AIB you can apply for a loan online and get it within an hour or so .
    I hope it all works out for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,679 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Dice75 wrote: »
    Stick the 1k EW on Liars Corner in the 5.20 at Gowran Park. Should sort out your problems. PP going 4 places.

She'd have 2k in that case already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

So, his car was in your name, which you sold, and your car is in his name, and you can set up a Facebook account just to share a GoFundMe, even though you won't have any friends and it will be an obvious scam.....BUT you somehow use your gambler ex's donedeal account which he will be getting updates from? Okay

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

I suppose it’s one way for you to pass a wet day.
    1/10 for effort and that’s being generous.
    “Must try harder” as the teachers do say

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

^ The boyfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

I bothered to comment because your story has a fair few contradictions in it.

I'm not sure what your angle is here but the skeptic in me doesn't like it.

Post up the link to the goFundMe page to quell my skepticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

So, his car was in your name, which you sold, and your car is in his name, and you can set up a Facebook account just to share a GoFundMe, even though you won't have any friends and it will be an obvious scam.....BUT you somehow use your gambler ex's donedeal account which he will be getting updates from? Okay

It’s all a load of sh1te.
    The country is gone soft if they swallow any of that nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

She'd have 2k in that case already.

€500 EW obvs :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Don't go betting on the horses now Adam with the money u get for the golf!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Thank you at least one person does. I know loan sharks are not the way to go but that's all I am looking for

I’m a skeptical prick at the best of times but I believe you.
    So I mean it that this comes from a good place when I say stop looking for €1,000 from loan scum.
    It’s a one way road into hell for you.
    You are at risk of homelessness. Don’t sell your car. It’s rent free to sleep in if it comes to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Close.. 2nd.. Each way money will do. Line didn't come quick enough unfortunately

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement