Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,171 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone knows if i can use voda credit for xbox store purchases ?

No I don't think you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

APPS that are on both platforms ios & andriod can you put your 3 sim in andriod phone & subscribe to app on play store then back in ios phone & use app.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

homingbird wrote:
    APPS that are on both platforms ios & andriod can you put your 3 sim in andriod phone & subscribe to app on play store then back in ios phone & use app.

If this is a question, the answer is no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

You can depending on whether the apps can be used on multiple devices. E.g flightradar, viber (viber out credit)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

Ok thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Slightly offtopic but still relevant.

On three, what is the last day your plan applies? I know when it was 30 days it was 30 days from midnight after you top up. Is it the same now? (28 days from midnight after topup?)
    Topped up on the 5th and got a message stating it’s due to expire on the 2nd of September (day 28th) should i presume it means the end of the day?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭GBX

On three, what is the last day your plan applies? I know when it was 30 days it was 30 days from midnight after you top up. Is it the same now? (28 days from midnight after topup?)
    Topped up on the 5th and got a message stating it’s due to expire on the 2nd of September (day 28th) should i presume it means the end of the day?
    Thanks

Be careful. Don't assume it's the end of day. I've been cleared out of credit twice in the past few months. The app/ my three page doesn't update. I assumed I was still in credit but the plan has expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Thanks

Yep.
    If it's convenient for you, turn off your mobile data a few minutes before midnight and top up just after.
    You'll get pretty much an extra day then.

Yep.
    If it's convenient for you, turn off your mobile data a few minutes before midnight and top up just after.
    You'll get pretty much an extra day then.

Lol. The lengths people will go to just to save a few cents.

Just set an automatic top up for every 28 days and forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Basil3 wrote: »
    Lol. The lengths people will go to just to save a few cents.

Just set an automatic top up for every 28 days and forget about it.

That's great advice but the automatic top up applied for me sometime in the afternoon.
    I'd spent over 60 credit by then from light browsing and checking emails since 8am.
    I'll never trust the automatic top up again. It's designed to screw you.

• Advertisement

That's great advice but the automatic top up applied for me sometime in the afternoon.
    I'd spent over 60 credit by then from light browsing and checking emails since 8am.

This. The automatic top doesn't always work. Three know this but will still clear people's account then apply the top up and all you'll get is a sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,215 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

GBX wrote: »
    This. The automatic top doesn't always work. Three know this but will still clear people's account then apply the top up and all you'll get is a sorry.
    If you argue with them (a lot) you will likely get a refund - as long as the failure is on their side to process the auto topup (I did it was +100 euro)

gmisk wrote: »
    If you argue with them (a lot) you will likely get a refund - as long as the failure is on their side to process the auto topup (I did it was +100 euro)

I was very argumentative on each occasion. Only once did they relent. It was a small amount. The 2 larger amounts were waved off.

I guess that could have happened to me in the past, as I don't regularly check my balance. How can you even check what your credit has been spent on in the past, without checking your balance every single day? I can't see an option in the app or on the website.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I guess that could have happened to me in the past, as I don't regularly check my balance. How can you even check what your credit has been spent on in the past, without checking your balance every single day? I can't see an option in the app or on the website.

I requested a usage report which they sent after several attempts after they had given a wide range of reasons to why I never received it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I also had an issue where the automatic top up failed. Contacted 3 and with very little arguing they refunded the credit spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,215 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

GBX wrote: »
    I was very argumentative on each occasion. Only once did they relent. It was a small amount. The 2 larger amounts were waved off.
    Im surprised tbh...I got it back via arguing on live chat it took a good while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭swarmberg

You can use your credit to subscribe to “The Athletic” if you enjoy reading about sport. Some very good contributors on board

It telling me I have to pay for a yearly sub at 60 odd quid. Any way to get this on carrier billing monthly?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭WEST

Any way to buy Bitcoin that avoids spending half the credit on fees? Using Coingate, I need to spend €30 to buy approximately €13 worth of Bitcoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭go4it

WEST wrote: »
    Any way to buy Bitcoin that avoids spending half the credit on fees? Using Coingate, I need to spend €30 to buy approximately €13 worth of Bitcoin.

For anything you buy, 30% goes to google as fees , and 70% to the service/product owner.

So in real terms , the owner has to charge you at least 30% more for the same service just to cover android store fees , compared if you bought the service elsewhere , and paid by credit card ( not with google store credit )

Buying crypto is a financial operation that has an increased risk of price volatility, so the price you pay for crypto is higher,, because the owner has charged you extra , just to be on the safe side ( for him )

From what i remember, google credit takes couple of weeks to transform into cash in the seller's account , so he's charging extra for services.

Vodafone has a built-in 30emax limit per playstore transaction, and about 200e ( i think ) per month.
    I couldn't find a service to offer discount voucher codes in exchange for playstore credit ( and use that voucher codes to reduce an annual subscription under the 30e limit )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

WEST wrote: »

Can you buy anything useful with Bitcoin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

0lddog wrote: »
    Can you buy anything useful with Bitcoin ?

Drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

60 euro gone down the tubes that they never refunded.
    Sometimes if you've a nice build up of credit in your account the friendly text reminder that your plan is about to expire "mysteriously" doesn't get sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

I've gone for automatic topup now, but also have a reminder for myself to make sure it's happened. I do get a text to confirm (though I have to turn off notifications for texts the night before to stop it waking me in the early hours of Saturday morning). If it failed I'd try manually, and/or ring them. But yeah - it is a pain...that's how they get you :pac:

I've bought a few things and received a text saying your balance is not beneath €2.50. when it's nowhere near it. So the text system is off.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,171 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looks like vodafone won't be letting me keep a tenner of my credit anymore after this month as they seem to be changing their pay as you go plans so they all use the full 20 euro when you top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Looks like vodafone won't be letting me keep a tenner of my credit anymore after this month as they seem to be changing their pay as you go plans so they all use the full 20 euro when you top up.

I received a text regarding my top up stating the same, but when I did the top up I still kept the tenner.
    Have you read about this elsewhere as I was hoping it's an error in the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Mickeroo wrote: »

Time to switch to Eir PAYG so...80gb of data and unlimited calls for €20 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭xtal191

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Time to switch to Eir PAYG so...80gb of data and unlimited calls for €20 pm.

Do you get to keep the full 20?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

xtal191 wrote: »
    Do you get to keep the full 20?

No they take the €20

Advertisement