Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang attack Garda in Drogheda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

washman3 wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus.!!!
    i cant believe i'm reading this.

And to crown it all, you seem to firmly believe your solution will work.:mad:

Man its an obvious troll, don't reply to it, it will only derail the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭RobbieMD

Unfortunately that will not work and I honestly wouldn't be happy with even 10% allowed as so many are poor at their job....

We need rules and regulations and laws where they are backed up by the law and judicial system.....

A lot more than 10% do carry firearms

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

RobbieMD wrote: »

Oh SH1t really......

Well to be honest I still stands by what I said most couldn't be given that much power.

Oh SH1t really......

Well to be honest I still stands by what I said most couldn't be given that much power.

But it would appear that a lot are given that power and don’t misuse it?

But it would appear that a lot are given that power and don’t misuse it?

Well I've come across a few which I will honestly say I wouldn't wish what they done to me to do on anyone.,..

Was brought to court 4 times on fake charges and had independent witnesses stating the same oh and he even changed witness names so they couldn't be found....

What a scum a in such a position.

Have proof and statements also showing copy and paste of exact same spelling errors.

• Advertisement

Well I've come across a few which I will honestly say I wouldn't wish what they done to me to do on anyone.,..

Was brought to court 4 times on fake charges and had independent witnesses stating the same oh and he even changed witness names so they couldn't be found....

What a scum a in such a position.

Have proof and statements also showing copy and paste of exact same spelling errors.

Certainly sounds like it.

Just to be sure though, when I said power I was quoting you about the power of carrying a firearm and not just the general powers a Garda has

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Get Real

This is where the country is f###ed. It's a lose lose for the guards here. To prevent this incident happening a -totally justifiable- use of a baton would be needed before the situation got to this point.

The problem with that is, there'd be a video out of a guard beating "peaceful" people. And they'd be hounded. And they'd be judged. And they'd get in trouble.

And the danger is, out of context, such a video would cause people who now have sympathy for the guard, to condemn him for his action.

It's only in the context of hindsight and "well, look what did happen" that he's on the ground being kicked in the head, people think "okay, well maybe actually, given all facts, the baton use in the first place was warranted"

Yet if he did take that course of action, the ten seconds of it would be on the news and people ringing Joe Duffy.

So what is it people want?

It's a lose lose case. Don't use reasonable force, this happens- they can't do anything, where were the armed guards, why has it come to this- etc etc. Use reasonable force, you're condemned by social media.

You'll always have a significant amount of people criticising one decision or the other. When there are only two decisions. Someone's son putting on socks and boots in the morning for that. F@@k that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

More than 10% carry firearms or more than 10% are authorised to go retrieve a gun from the safe in the station in certain circumstance?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Get Real wrote: »

use of a baton would be needed before the situation got to this point.

When he is on the ground, they'll take it off him and beat him with it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

gctest50 wrote: »

Maybe it should be standard procedure for them to get into the fetal position at the start.

No reason to fight back it might antagonise the feral ****es.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Get Real

gctest50 wrote: »

I get what you mean. But I was saying before he even ended up on the ground. Like if someone came within a metre/less of him, bang. Keeps them back.

But then if he did that, and it was on Snapchat, there'd be uproar over him doing that. So lose lose.

We dunno how he ended up on the ground, or proceeding moments, but generally, if you went in with reasonable force first, it'd prevent any escalation.

Of course I don't know the split second moments prior to that, which scumbag initiated it, what I'd do myself.

But just making the point, it seems theres always a "wrong" way to deal with this, regardless of what you do. Somebody is gonna point out where you went wrong and how scandalous it is. It'd be sick to think a fella like that didn't want to be swinging belts, simply because it'd be portrayed as him going over the top. When in actual fact, as we see in video, it'd be completely justifiable(imo)

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

PC brigade. Terrified of being called racist. I've had 1st hand experience with this gang of c##ts and believe me that is exactly what they are no matter where they're from. Tbe gardai are afraid to touch them for fear of racism. When cultures raise little ****heads like these is it not hard to resist being racist? Come here in droves get whatever they want from the tax payer then kick the crap out of the gardai??? Seems fair alright

• Registered Users Posts: 37,541 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

This will lead to real racism in this country. You can imagine the amount of people talking about these lads in their own homes. Their kids hear this stuff and grow up not liking them. At some stage a group will get together somewhere and go try and beat up a gang. No matter which way that goes it will only escalate if it gets attention.

If we don't take action everywhere and jail all people who do things like this we are heading for some really bad times. Time for the courts to man up and put people away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Varik wrote: »
    Maybe it should be standard procedure for them to get into the fetal position at the start.

No reason to fight back it might antagonise the feral ****es.

The one on the ground in the original post didn't have a hope - good kick in the head and he was dead

It's different if it's just a crowd of twos n threes etc outside a pub
    - those boys are all in the same gang though and are proud of battering gardai

Drain on society and us tax paying fools have to bend over and take it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

eagle eye wrote: »
    If we don't take action everywhere and jail all people who do things like this we are heading for some really bad times. Time for the courts to man up and put people away.

Do we have enough facilities to put these young offenders away long term?

tuxy wrote: »
    Do we have enough facilities to put these young offenders away long term?

Nope, oberstown is full

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

New Irish ?

It's a racist dog whistle.

Get Real wrote: »
    This is where the country is f###ed. It's a lose lose for the guards here. To prevent this incident happening a -totally justifiable- use of a baton would be needed before the situation got to this point.

The problem with that is, there'd be a video out of a guard beating "peaceful" people. And they'd be hounded. And they'd be judged. And they'd get in trouble.

And the danger is, out of context, such a video would cause people who now have sympathy for the guard, to condemn him for his action.

It's only in the context of hindsight and "well, look what did happen" that he's on the ground being kicked in the head, people think "okay, well maybe actually, given all facts, the baton use in the first place was warranted"

Yet if he did take that course of action, the ten seconds of it would be on the news and people ringing Joe Duffy.

So what is it people want?

It's a lose lose case. Don't use reasonable force, this happens- they can't do anything, where were the armed guards, why has it come to this- etc etc. Use reasonable force, you're condemned by social media.

You'll always have a significant amount of people criticising one decision or the other. When there are only two decisions. Someone's son putting on socks and boots in the morning for that. F@@k that.

Gardaí are trained in the gradual escalation of force. Once they stick to that they are good when it comes to their actions being investigated. The issue is completely public perception. For one thing, the Garda Press Office are pretty useless at defending Gardaí who have done no wrong. For another, the absence of body cams means Gardaí are relying on their being nearby cctv or uploaded videos to defend themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Hollybeg

cd07 wrote: »
    PC brigade. Terrified of being called racist. I've had 1st hand experience with this gang of c##ts and believe me that is exactly what they are no matter where they're from. Tbe gardai are afraid to touch them for fear of racism. When cultures raise little ****heads like these is it not hard to resist being racist? Come here in droves get whatever they want from the tax payer then kick the crap out of the gardai??? Seems fair alright

You could say the same for the 'ethnic minority group' who camp along the side of the road .... or the arseholes peddling drugs and committing petty crime. Arseholes are arseholes no matter where they came from. The only common denominator I see is a lack of policing resources to effectively deal with these issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Hollybeg wrote: »
    You could say the same for the 'ethnic minority group' who camp along the side of the road .... or the arseholes peddling drugs and committing petty crime. Arseholes are arseholes no matter where they came from. The only common denominator I see is a lack of policing resources to effectively deal with these issues.

Certain groups seem to have an over-representation of arseholes in that case. Other groups, Chinese, Hindus etc, seem to have a lower representation. It appears to be group-cultural rather than traits of being an individual arsehole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Jayferg

El_Bee wrote: »
    They tried being tough on crime in the States and look how that panned out, we a need a more holistic approach to try and understand these youths and help dismantle the racist power structures they are lashing out against.

Yes maybe in the land of spoon benders and yoghurt fanciers that approach might work. And after we 'understand them' we can all cycle everywhere wearing loose fitting, multi-coloured vaguely ethnic clothing. Sound good?

cd07 wrote: »
    Tbe gardai are afraid to touch them for fear of racism.

One of the more ridiculous claims made on these threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

In a way I'm glad it happened. Just to confirm, I'm in support of the Gardaí and wish the Garda involved a speedy recovery.

The fact that it has happened to one of there own will hopefully set the ball rolling in tougher policing, sentencing, punishments etc.

One can only hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

MrFresh wrote: »
    One of the more ridiculous claims made on these threads.

Not really when you see the tactics deployed by the black American community. All that 'hands up don't shoot' - its all politics.
    And then we have the UK muslim-grooming gangs. Police didn't intervene for fear of being called racist. So its hardly as ridiculous as you claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

this isnt news. RTE not even reporting it.

Thespoofer wrote: »
    In a way I'm glad it happened. Just to confirm, I'm in support of the Gardaí and wish the Garda involved a speedy recovery.

The fact that it has happened to one of there own will hopefully set the ball rolling in tougher policing, sentencing, punishments etc.

One can only hope.

I think you underestimate what the Gardaí can do. They can't change the law or the courts actions. They are about 5000 members short of where they should be. And the new commissioner seems to have a problem with overtime.

Diceicle wrote: »
    Not really when you see the tactics deployed by the black American community. All that 'hands up don't shoot' - its all politics.
    And then we have the UK muslim-grooming gangs. Police didn't intervene for fear of being called racist. So its hardly as ridiculous as you claim.

It is. The poster stated the Gardaí are afraid to touch them for fear of racism. The video posted at the start shows Gardaí getting stuck in when they had the numbers. No fear of racism evident. While there can be issues with political correctness interfering with the justice system, this is not one of them.

Also, why is the thread titled Drogheda but the videos titled Balbriggan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

this isnt news. RTE not even reporting it.

Cant have the public knowing about these things.

alta stare wrote: »
    Cant have the public knowing about these things.

Are you of the opinion that Gardaí don't regularly get into situations like this and the one in the op is somehow unique?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

MrFresh wrote: »
    Are you of the opinion that Gardaí don't regularly get into situations like this and the one in the op is somehow unique?

Nope. Iv seen it happen myself so i know what they are up against. The local community down my way have had their issues with these youths and their views about their kind have rapidly changed for the worse.

Gardai are too soft on them....on anyone who does such things for that matter.

Advertisement