Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang attack Garda in Drogheda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

Beasty wrote:
    All that I have seen is a dodgy video that could have been edited by anyone

Yeah I agree, same with the moon landing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Beasty wrote: »
    I agree, but the OP made a statement it's "New Irish". I have seen nothing to support this assertion

Sorry to seem ignorant/stupid here, but what is 'New Irish'? Refugees, Eastern European, Black People or all of them and possibly more?

I saw a couple more videos last night and this morning they were all black guys doing the violence and pulling something down (couldn't make out what it was). But that shouldn't matter. It is actually scumbags doing the damage. New Irish/Old Irish/Relatively New Irish/Australian/Scandinavian etc...

Pure and utter scumbags. These will no doubt go into organised crime as it seems pretty easy. Some will grow up and out of it, but the way this lot are causing a wave of destruction behind them, the whole country know of them at this stage. And it only seems to be one group from one town.
    Nobody other groups causing this much damage.
    If they are living in council houses they should be split up at the very least and housed in all four corners, and the worst offendrs obviously housed in the governments biggest houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

No ones doxxed him. Seems to be all in your head.

And here they come.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Agreed.
    i dunno man I still have to pinch myself when I see a load of africans on the streets of an irish town :o that’s more of a kick to the head than I’ll ever get!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,378 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I have looked at the video. Yes it shows black youths. It then separately shows something like a skirmish where you cannot make out anything about the "perpetrators"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,543 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If their Irish they should do big time over something like this. If they were born abroad they should do the time and get sent back to where they came from as soon as their sentence is finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

No ones doxxed him. Seems to be all in your head.

And here they come.

All in your head good chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I believe things will only get worse and I do wonder with brexit looming will we have more coming over that we really don't need(thugs).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Beasty wrote: »
    I have looked at the video. Yes it shows black youths. It then separately shows something like a skirmish where you cannot make out anything about the "perpetrators"

C'mon now Beasty I can clearly see it.

I'm sure everyone else can also.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Capra

C'mon now Beasty I can clearly see it.

I'm sure everyone else can also.

You'd have to be pretty biased to not see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Off topic posts removed. If you have an issue with mod instruction, do not discuss issues in thread. Please contact a mod directly or use the Help Desk.

It would be much appreciated if someone can provide some independent verification of this story from a recognised media source, rather than The Liberal.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Capra

Again, do not discuss mod instruction in thread. Please contact a mod directly or use the Help Desk.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You’d wonder where the armed gardai are for situations like this?

Probably not rocking up to every row in a pub to be fair.

Is the liberal a bit dodge??? Honest question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Reisers

I believe things will only get worse and I do wonder with brexit looming will we have more coming over that we really don't need(thugs).

Why didn't you just say "more thugs coming over "?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

For things like this, no.

Unfortunately the armed units we have would be too busy on their phones to get involved....

See them every day and they tend to see or hear nothing even flagging them down isn't going to work.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Depends on if you agree with terms such as "New Irish" or not....
    Or if you think Gemma O'Doherty is the last hope to save Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

Its very strange the way some people have a complete meltdown if any evidence of criminal activity perpetrated by Black people is shown.
    Anything 'white Irish' no problems..go to town on them
    Anything Travellers, no problem...really go to town on them.
    Anything Black... absolute freakout followed by denials, deflection, accusations of racism and general frothing at the mouth and gnashing of teeth.

They so desperately want to hide it..you might even say they want to cover it up

tuxy wrote: »
    Depends on if you agree with terms such as "New Irish" or not....

Ok get ya....

I see anyone as a human and have no issues with people coming in to work but I do have a big issue with what is happening and is going to blow out of this world if it's let continue....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,504 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The gang were mostly from Balbriggan. Enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

The amount of polish youth must far outnumber African youth, but you rarely if ever hear of polish youth gangs if there is such a thing causing trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

They booked a "party" in a pub on West St which turned out to be a rave .
    When security staff eventually got them out it all started in the street.
    They were 90% African youths.
    The Garda got a hell of a doing over . Two very deep slashes to his face , I have seen pics of the injuries sustained and in my opinion they were caused by a blade.
    5 arrests made .
    West St has very good cctv so I would be hopeful that the Gardai will get to the bottom of this .

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭emilymemily

Theyre a gang from Balbriggan,
    I was teaching in a school last year, a group of boys in one of my classes where from Balbriggan town, these boys were hard as nails and regularly got into trouble, during the class I would often over hear them talking about a large gang of black lads in Balbriggan that they were terrified of.
    Id never have expected these lads to be afraid of anyone as they were so outwardly tough but they were openly fearful of this particular group of black youths in the town.
    Theyre well known around the Balbriggan area and are apparently very dangerous.
    Not a great start to the Fleah this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

If the courts dont absolutely hammer any guilty parties it will set a bad precedent.

Make an example of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

They booked a "party" in a pub on West St which turned out to be a rave .
    When security staff eventually got them out it all started in the street.
    They were 90% African youths.
    The Garda got a hell of a doing over . Two very deep slashes to his face , I have seen pics of the injuries sustained and in my opinion they were caused by a blade.
    5 arrests made .
    West St has very good cctv so I would be hopeful that the Gardai will get to the bottom of this .

Minor facial injury reported on paper s and youths released.

Gardai need tazers and better training....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

greencap wrote: »
    If the courts dont absolutely hammer any guilty parties it will set a bad precedent.

Make an example of them.

I believe this group are under 18, what's the usual punishment for this group that have committed assaults?
    Will the fact a Gadra was attacked have a big impact on the punishment?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭J Madone

Nothing about the attack on the guard in the journal.ie.
    If their is a hint of new Irish causing problems they don't cover it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Minor facial injury reported on paper s and youths released.
    Two very deep lacerations , one on the forehead about 2 inches long , another on the cheek running from just under the eye to the chin.
    I wouldn't call them minor injuries .

Advertisement