Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang attack Garda in Drogheda

Options

Comments

Theyre a gang from Balbriggan,
    I was teaching in a school last year, a group of boys in one of my classes where from Balbriggan town, these boys were hard as nails and regularly got into trouble, during the class I would often over hear them talking about a large gang of black lads in Balbriggan that they were terrified of.
    Id never have expected these lads to be afraid of anyone as they were so outwardly tough but they were openly fearful of this particular group of black youths in the town.
    Theyre well known around the Balbriggan area and are apparently very dangerous.
    Not a great start to the Fleah this year.

Fleadh hasn't started yet and this has nothing to do with it. Bunch of scum bags from out of town hire a function room for a non existent birthday party to have a rave.

You assault a Garda like that you do 10 simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Two very deep lacerations , one on the forehead about 2 inches long , another on the cheek running from just under the eye to the chin.
    I wouldn't call them minor injuries .

I know man, I'm just highlighting the media spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭emilymemily

Fleadh hasn't started yet and this has nothing to do with it. Bunch of scum bags from out of town hire a function room for a non existent birthday party to have a rave.

I never said it was to do with the Fleadh, it's not a good look for the town and no doubt will deter people from going to Drogheda this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Gardai need tazers and better training....

A gang will just take it off the Garda and they'd need medical help to retrieve it

Gardai are failing, it's going to get really bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

J Madone wrote: »
    Nothing about the attack on the guard in the journal.ie.
    If their is a hint of new Irish causing problems they don't cover it

How did you even end up on the Journal?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/five-arrested-and-garda-viciously-assaulted-after-public-order-incident-at-drogheda-pub-38392037.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Imagine being a husband or wife of a Garda in this country when you see this shìt being pushed underground. I hope those two lads are ok.

Stop the parents rent allowance and watch it stop...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

tuxy wrote: »
    I believe this group are under 18, what's the usual punishment for this group that have committed assaults?
    Will the fact a Gadra was attacked have a big impact on the punishment?

I couldn't tell you.

But if the judiciary won't throw the book at anyone who touches the gards then the whole system gets weakened.

someone mentioned possible deportations if they have the relevant status.
    i'd support that too, can't send out the message that we'll both help you and then let you attack us. thats just writing 'complete suckers' across our foreheads.

(im not some kind of garda fanboy or angry pensioner btw, even if my post sounds like i have a son who's a garda and a stick which i wave at the screen, not a gammon, promise)

I never said it was to do with the Fleadh, it's not a good look for the town and no doubt will deter people from going to Drogheda this week.

Yes you did "Not a great start to the Fleadh this year"

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

They tried being tough on crime in the States and look how that panned out, we a need a more holistic approach to try and understand these youths and help dismantle the racist power structures they are lashing out against.

• Advertisement

They'll just go out and steal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

You’d wonder where the armed gardai are for situations like this?

BLM, dontcha know

There'd be uproar if an armed response unit so much as drove past them for a look

• Registered Users Posts: 81,242 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Gardai need bodycams before they are called racists.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

El_Bee wrote: »
    They tried being tough on crime in the States and look how that panned out, we a need a more holistic approach to try and understand these youths and help dismantle the racist power structures they are lashing out against.

In most cases they're guests here, I didn't invite them or ask them to carry on the way they are....
    We had nothing to do with how they think or believe they were treati100s of years ago ....

This rubbish annoys me....

My dad had it much harder then them and the was 50s Ireland ....

F#ck this shi£

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Give the guards guns.

Train them to use them

Simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Bit too late, the (formerly) open arms of Denmark, had to resort to this imposing direct integration policy (basic values, traditions and language skills) on their new ghetto kids.

If the youngsters didn't attend, the parents got their welfare payments taken.
    Desperate times, desperate measures.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,541 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

El_Bee wrote:
    Love it, what about all those people doing life for murder, should we find a nice beach for them somewhere with lots of love so their minds can heal and they can resume their lives as good people?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Give the guards guns.

Train them to use them

Simple.

Unfortunately that will not work and I honestly wouldn't be happy with even 10% allowed as so many are poor at their job....

We need rules and regulations and laws where they are backed up by the law and judicial system.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

Not if you’re black, won’t even get a slap on the wrist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Imagine being a husband or wife of a Garda in this country when you see this shìt being pushed underground. I hope those two lads are ok.

Sure elected TDs like Paul Murphy openly disrespect the gards with microphones so what do we expect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'll expect no charges will be brought against the young god fearing Christians followed by claims of Gardai brutality against minorities

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Give the guards guns.

Train them to use them

Simple.

Won't work, they're "brave" and they don't care :

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭J Madone

tuxy wrote: »
    I'm referring specifically about the journals lack of coverage on certain types of stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Mounted Gardai should arrest those involved and march them down the street in handcuffs and a rope. That will show em.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

It's completely wrong to jump to conclusions that a group of any particular race or ethnicity are guilty of something on the basis of their race alone.

It's also completely wrong to deny what I would consider blatant evidence that a particular group were responsible on the grounds of political correctness.

There is a balance to be had between the brits locking people up for angry tweets and the Trump or Duterte attitudes of provoking hatred.

The crime needs to be investigated and dealt with the same way regardless of who was at fault.
    If there is a proven correlation between an increase in immigration and an increase in crime in a particular area, then putting two and two together and coming up with four is not racism, it's logic.

Not allowing that discussion or calling it racist is not only incorrect, it is essentially reverse racism. If the crime was by a white Irish person, an equal number of people would be calling for swift justice, and there would be much less noise about it.

I believe entirely in equality. But only when it works both ways and treats everyone equally.

gctest50 wrote: »
    They'll just go out and steal

They won't. They don't like paying for stuff that others can get for free. With stolen goods or cash that's "rightfull" theirs
    Tough measures are needed. Hit the pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,277 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Esse85 wrote: »
    In Maccy D's stocking up before the big macs run out.

Stupid and childish post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Sweet Jesus.!!!
    i cant believe i'm reading this.

And to crown it all, you seem to firmly believe your solution will work.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

washman3 wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus.!!!
    i cant believe i'm reading this.

And to crown it all, you seem to firmly believe your solution will work.:mad:

It didn't work in the states? :confused:

Advertisement