Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang attack Garda in Drogheda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

is_that_so wrote: »
    You really are a drama queen. There was no risk to life and limb so get over yourself. The street in question is very close to the Garda station. Yeah it is a much ado, any Saturday night can involve similar types of anti-social behaviour.

No risk to life but it's ok to reef a Garda from eye to chin. I see. My last with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

No risk to life but it's ok to reef a Garda from eye to chin. I see. My last with you.
    I can't say it's any loss to me. You have a nice life now.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The actual problem is anti-social behaviour, under resourced police force & lack of prison space which leads to non-sentences.

The skin colour of any of the myriad scumbags around Ireland does not matter.
    Hope the cop is okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,277 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

You really are a drama queen. There was no risk to life and limb so get over yourself. The street in question is very close to the Garda station. Yeah it is a much ado, any Saturday night can involve similar types of anti-social behaviour.

Sure it is only kicks to the head from 5 lads.

No big deal.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    The actual problem is anti-social behaviour, under resourced police force & lack of prison space which leads to non-sentences.

The skin colour of any of the myriad scumbags around Ireland does not matter.
    Hope the cop is okay.
    Prison space is not going to help with this age group. Minor injury despite the lots of blood hysteria. Louth Meath was under-resourced but they sent 25 newbies from Templemore to Drogheda.

• Advertisement

Danzy wrote: »
    Sure it is only kicks to the head from 5 lads.

No big deal.
    Well five lads can do that anywhere but it's only likely to be of interest to locals. As an incident it really is nothing, behaviourwise unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

MrFresh wrote: »
    Because their parents don't provide any kind of authoritative control at home and so, when they encounter Gardaí, they don't have any respect for the authority they have.

Unlikely, it wouldn't be reported anywhere. Garda assaults simply don't make the news very often.

It seems to only cause outrage when black kids are involved. The last stats showed that between two and three Gardaí are injured per day. Where's the outrage? In the last few weeks, two Gardaí have been dragged along by cars. Where are the threads full of these folks concerned for Gardaí?

But im not outraged just as i am not surprised. It seems to be you are the outraged one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Because their parents don't provide any kind of authoritative control at home and so, when they encounter Gardaí, they don't have any respect for the authority they have.

Unlikely, it wouldn't be reported anywhere. Garda assaults simply don't make the news very often.

Its your opinion so.

It seems to only cause outrage when black kids are involved. The last stats showed that between two and three Gardaí are injured per day. Where's the outrage? In the last few weeks, two Gardaí have been dragged along by cars. Where are the threads full of these folks concerned for Gardaí?

Did you check who was involved in the dragging of the guards last week?

Prison space is not going to help with this age group. Minor injury despite the lots of blood hysteria. Louth Meath was under-resourced but they sent 25 newbies from Templemore to Drogheda.

More youth detention space.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Did you check who was involved in the dragging of the guards last week?
    Drug dealers/makers. https://www.thejournal.ie/garda-dublin-8-arrest-4749013-Aug2019/

• Advertisement

If it was 1 random teenager attacking a Guard I'd understand, but a gang that's not general anti- social behavior, that's a new issue. Its the fact they seem to hangout in such big numbers, you don't see generally Irish kids of 13 hanging out with 17 year olds.

Not true.
    Older gangs usually use the younger kids to do the dirty as they can't be touched.

More youth detention space.
    They tend to avoid detention save for those perceived to be really bad ones. Despite the offence this one might cause it wouldn't count.

They tend to avoid detention save for those perceived to be really bad ones. Despite the offence this one might cause it wouldn't count.

They avoid detention because there isn't enough space.

Not true.
    Older gangs usually use the younger kids to do the dirty as they can't be touched.
    There is currently discussion on how to legally address this. I've seen some suggestions that they may try to tie it into child abuse legislation.

They avoid detention because there isn't enough space.
    Generally not that simple. They don't lock up every juvenile miscreant, they never have. Intervention is favoured where possible. Once they are over 16 they are potentially exposed to the adult system and that stops quite a lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

A Garda being assaulted has never happened before?

No.
    The fact that a well known 'gang' whom are causing trouble for quite some time now with apparent immunity hopefully this event might be a catalyst for some change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

A few lads are discussing this incident over and another site also.

https://www.politicalirish.com/threads/garda-attacked-in-drogheda-by-balbriggan-gang.31722/

Interesting to get another perspective.

Not true.

I don't ever see it, its drug gangs that use younger kids, this isn't a drug gang, very rare to see you g Irish kids hanging out with older kids.

Interesting to get another perspective.

Interesting comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

The Gardai do not try and sentence suspects. The judiciary are failing the Gardai with suspended sentences recently for assaults on them.

A lot of the judges in this country live in some sort of unicorn,rainbow land not connected to reality.

I know. But maybe a little 'firmer' treatment of these scumbags before it gets to sentencing is maybe what's needed.

• Advertisement

Generally not that simple. They don't lock up every juvenile miscreant, they never have. Intervention is favoured where possible. Once they are over 16 they are potentially exposed to the adult system and that stops quite a lot of them.

I undertsand that but for the likes of this assault, detention and loss of liberty should be pretty much assured.
    And that's not even taking into account the victim was a cop.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭maddog

Ah the ‘New Irish ‘ for any off you who wants to see your future just type in ‘Apex Gang’ into YouTube and see what our Australian friends have been dealing with!
    Now imagine Leo’s Ireland 2040 plan to bring in another 660,000 ‘New Irish’ and then add the UN’s ‘Replacement Migrantion plan’ where the plan is migration of up to 1 million per year into Ireland and you’ll soon reliase...... we are F**ked!

Inb4 “you’re racists’ “Replacement Migration plan” signed by 127 countries on the 12th of December 2018 in Marikesh, Morocco.

What nationalities?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Gardaí have been up against this kind of stuff for a long time. Why is it suddenly such a big issue when black kids are involved?

Because we had no legal / EU obligation to take in Africans.
    They were allowed in to attempt to have a better life and they are biting the hand that feeds them.

I've been directly attacked by an African myself, he didn't even probation... nothing.

The problem is only going to get worse when you hear some of the pathetic liberal apologists here.

Interesting comments
    Oh yeah, thoughtful as ever!

What nationalities?
    Well, I see drug dealers so I say scumbag!

What nationalities?

Brazilian? Going by their names in paper.

I undertsand that but for the likes of this assault, detention and loss of liberty should be pretty much assured.
    And that's not even taking into account the victim was a cop.
    This would probably be classified as a public order offence, as the linked article states. Those things get a withering word from the judge and a rap on the knuckles at most.

This would probably be classified as a public order offence, as the linked article states. Those things get a withering word from the judge and a rap on the knuckles at most.

How??
    Seriously, it's violent assault.
    And on a frontline member of the police force!

• Advertisement

How??
    Seriously, it's violent assault.
    And on a frontline member of the police force!
    From that article.
    Gardaí attended an incident of Public Order on West St Drogheda. The incident involving a large group of people, occurred on the 9th August 2019 at approximately 9.30pm at a premises and continued onto West St.

Advertisement