Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nora Quoirin. [Read mod note in post #1 - updated 14/08]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Very reminiscent of Jim Thompson.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

OwlsZat wrote: »
    With the kindest respect the vast majority of people who have spent the time to research the Madeline McCann fully believe the parents covered up a likely accidental death. I'd avoid comparisons at this stage. Rather hope there is a happy ending.

The vast majority of people think that? Ok, sure Jan.

I knew it wouldn't be long before the usual suspects came along to compare this to the Madeleine McCann case. :rolleyes:

Anyway, like everyone else, I hope the poor girl is found safe and well and just perhaps became disorientated and lost her way somewhere in the vicinity. My heart goes out to her family who seem understandably heartbroken and distraught. I can't even begin to imagine how they must be feeling right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

I didn't bring the subject up, so get back in your box there foxy.!

Was meant for the poster before you Plenty!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,276 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Playing the mothers voice over loudspeakers made the authorities in the area look like a complete joke, it wasn't a dog they were looking for.

My worry is the river which flows nearby. No doubt the police there have checked it out thoroughly at this stage?

• Advertisement

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    Was meant for the poster before you Plenty!! ;)

then quote the poster before me- not me- ;)

:p

Sorry, got a bit annoyed at the way you quoted the post- that's all. didn't want to be associated with that post- thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,061 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

If Nora is in the rain forest, I doubt she got far into it at all. The description of her today sounds like a slight girl and one who is not physically fit. It seems very unlikely that she could walk for miles into it.

You'd have to hope there is a breakthrough very soon and something shows up, perhaps a physical clue which would steer them in the right direction,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Playing the mothers voice over loudspeakers made the authorities in the area look like a complete joke, it wasn't a dog they were looking for.

The only thing is...if she was hiding because she was very afraid and hearing all the strange voices calling her name, she might respond to her mother’s voice.
    I think that was the idea anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,890 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The missing girl apparently was travelling on an Irish passport.

Her Grandad is the Mayor of some place in France.

So the Consular assistance is from Ireland and France from what I can see anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭chicorytip

OwlsZat wrote:
    With the kindest respect the vast majority of people who have spent the time to research the Madeline McCann fully believe the parents covered up a likely accidental death. I'd avoid comparisons at this stage. Rather hope there is a happy ending.

I see nothing in parallel to the M McC case, besides a daughter missing from her distraught parents- so do please enlighten us all.

In what way exactly?

A child is missing, possibly dead at this stage. How did this happen? Did she just wander off or was she taken? If the latter, by whom and why? So very little is known at this stage that nothing can be categorically ruled out. The police - if you can read between the lines - believe the answers may be found at the residence and not out in the jungle.

• Advertisement

I can't help feeling, given the corrupt nature of the Malaysian police, that it was all done for show.

There's a number of recent articles out there around corruption in the force- coupled that with reliance on tourism and strong currencies and you have a recipe for a side-show.

To the untrained ear, it would appear to be a good approach on the morning of Day 1- not day 5 or 6 or wherever we are at, now.

Speaking of dogs, one report in the English newspapers a few days ago stated that "scent" dogs lost the trail 100 yards from the room- would suggest a vehicle?

The whole investigation stinks of corruption and political priorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,997 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

They did that because they thought she might be afraid to come out if she was scared. We are not dealing with a normal 15 yr old.

My normal son scared the wits out of us at 4 or 5 yrs of age. He was missing for almost an hour and the gardai had just arrived when he came out from behind a tree. In his own words what started out as a hide and seek prank went bad and he was afraid he would be in trouble. Even normal kids think differently and you have to think like them to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

The missing girl apparently was travelling on an Irish passport.

Her Grandad is the Mayor of some place in France.

So the Consular assistance is from Ireland and France from what I can see anyway.

Are you sure it was an Irish passport she was using?

Critical that we establish that right from the get go

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

I have so many questions after reading that :confused: But that's for another thread I suppose

Witcher wrote: »

Can you confirm so? Over to you!

Yes I read that an Irish passport was used.

ETA link below

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/teen-with-irish-passport-goes-missing-from-malaysian-resort-1.3976946

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

God forgive me for saying this if wrong but why is this reminding me of the JonBennet Ramsay case?

chicorytip wrote: »
    A child is missing, possibly dead at this stage. How did this happen? Did she just wander off or was she taken? If the latter, by whom and why? So very little is known at this stage that nothing can be categorically ruled out. The police - if you can read between the lines - believe the answers may be found at the residence and not out in the jungle.

you can take your "lines", and do whatever you wish with them :)

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    I have so many questions after reading that :confused: But that's for another thread I suppose

I will try and track the documentary. Although it was on world radio.

foxyladyxx wrote: »

This was very clear from day 1- thanks foxyladxx for supplying the link to those who are too lazy to read up on the topic and feel there's some conspiracy theory emerging here. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,477 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

This was very clear from day 1- thanks foxyladxx for supplying the link to those who are too lazy to read up on the topic and feel there's some conspiracy theory emerging here. :rolleyes:

You do realise I was taking the piss out of Spanish Eyes' post, I wasn't implying there was a conspiracy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,061 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

KM792 wrote: »
    God forgive me for saying this if wrong but why is this reminding me of the JonBennet Ramsay case?

No, I still think the rain forest aspect is the most likely explanation

There was a missing persons expert on radio a day or two ago saying it's not uncommon for tourists to get lost in rain forests. The only difference is they are usually found within 24 hours, but there could be some specific reason they haven't located Nora yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Was the father on the holiday? I seem to have only read comments from the mother.

I keep opening the news hoping for a good news update. a Parents worst nightmare

KM792 wrote: »

I think it has similar echoes to the Portugal case. But hopefully the girl will be found safe and well. It can happen and hopefully will. Bless her.

You do realise I was taking the piss out of Spanish Eyes' post, I wasn't implying there was a conspiracy.....

And equally, YOU should realise, that I wasn't implicating you, in my reply ;)

I think it has similar echoes to the Portugal case. But hopefully the girl will be found safe and well. It can happen and hopefully will. Bless her.

All missing children cases have 'echoes' of each other. Please stop with this diversion. It's helping nobody.

All missing children cases have 'echoes' of each other. Please stop with this diversion. It's helping nobody.

Well said.

Strazdas wrote: »
    No, I still think the rain forest aspect is the most likely explanation

There was a missing persons expert on radio a day or two ago saying it's not uncommon for tourists to get lost in rain forests. The only difference is they are usually found within 24 hours, but there could be some specific reason they haven't located Nora yet.

We are on day 7. Nora would not survive that long in the elements without food or drink.

Thanks for being the forum police. I will ignore for now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Can you confirm so? Over to you!

What relevance has the child’s nationality and the civic position of her grandfather taken on in your eyes?

Advertisement