Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British version of Trump becomes PM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

british version of trump... come on borris is nowhere near trump. You also say it like its a bad thing....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Boris wins leadership race to become PM. Fired for lying, racist in his Telegraph columns and clueless.

:rolleyes:

What is the point of being so biased. He'll probably be a better leader than twinkletoes varadkar anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

At least he will get things done for better or worse he will achieve what that joke of a PM May could not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

antix80 wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

What is the point of being so biased. He'll probably be a better leader than twinkletoes varadkar anyway.

Never heard Leo V called twinkletoes before. Why would he be given that nickname?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

At least he will get things done for better or worse he will achieve what that joke of a PM May could not.

i very much doubt that, expect a lot of bluster and misinformation if he last longer than a few months he will be a disaster (unless the responsibility makes him grow up and actually start acting in a way the postion requires but I cant see that)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭quokula

Never heard Leo V called twinkletoes before. Why would he be given that nickname?

Because knuckle dragging homophobes would think it's clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

If you were hiring someone would you consider it a good point that they might get something done for "better or worse". Would you not hire someone who would get things done for the better?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

steddyeddy wrote: »
    If you were hiring someone would you consider it a good point that they might get something done for "better or worse". Would you not hire someone who would get things done for the better?

Well Brexit is going to happen regardless, inaction is worse than action.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i very much doubt that, expect a lot of bluster and misinformation if he last longer than a few months he will be a disaster (unless the responsibility makes him grow up and actually start acting in a way the postion requires but I cant see that)

Yeah Johnson will likely be more pigheaded than May and either nothing happens or they crash out without deal

Indeed that is the hope but he was already foreign secretary. Surely this would have provided the impetus to grow up. Instead he made a series of gaffes which damaged Britain's reputation worldwide and put a British citizen in Iran in more trouble because of his careless attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

quokula wrote: »

Would they?

It's just what springs to mind when I see the little twit showing his socks off at every opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Did the Simpson's predict this?

I like South Park take on it in 2016

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Yeah Johnson will likely be more pigheaded than May and either nothing happens or they crash out without deal

He’s pretty much positioned himself for no deal.

But remember the old Vulcan saying - only Nixon can go to China. He might be able to exit with a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

Have you created a situation in your head where the choice is Boris Johnson or an inanimate object?

Nobody would be 'inactive'. And almost anybody would be more effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Looks like a no deal Brexit so. Not great for Ireland either as he seems to have some funny attitudes about us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭nw5iytvs0lf1uz

at this moment britian needs boris. they voted to leave and if they dont it will have serious implications for the very fabric of the UK.
    when he gets them out of europe the British people can start to bridge their differences.
    and who knows maybe the liberal democrats will win the next election and they can re join.
    Thats democracy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭satguy

Boris is nothing like Trump,

He not orange..
    He probably only has half the IQ of Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭pjdarcy

satguy wrote: »
    Boris is nothing like Trump,

He not orange..
    He probably only has half the IQ of Trump.

and that's saying something!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

quokula wrote:

Is it a homophobic slur? Fred Flinstone is gay?

He wrote two articles about leaving the EU prior to the election. One extolling the benefits of leaving and one for the befits of staying. He is certainly not a typical Brexiter or one with conviction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Let’s leave Leo’s sexuality and socks out of this please.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Trump and Boris, fun times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭scooby77

While certainly not delighted with the news, I do believe it mightn't be the disaster many fear because:
    1. He's not a complete idealogue like many brexiteers, he's likely to be more open to compromise than May.
    2. He actually grew into the role of Mayor of London, and as time went on was reasonably popular, earning grudging respect from many initial doubters.
    3. Personality is important in negotiation, like it or not. Even his opponents often say he's affable and good company. Also surprisingly shrewd.

I'll probably eat my words but...maybe he'll do ok, at least better than May.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Both have Same body type and Dodgy haircuts . brother from another mother !

Give him a chance at least before we condem him .

He's Brexit and an ongoing situation with Iran to deal with he's going to have to hit the ground running

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

scooby77 wrote: »
    While certainly not delighted with the news, I do believe it mightn't be the disaster many fear because:
    1. He's not a complete idealogue like many brexiteers, he's likely to be more open to compromise than May.
    2. He actually grew into the role of Mayor of London, and as time went on was reasonably popular, earning grudging respect from many initial doubters.
    3. Personality is important in negotiation, like it or not. Even his opponents often say he's affable and good company. Also surprisingly shrewd.

I'll probably eat my words but...maybe he'll do ok, at least better than May.

Having the support of the US, Australia and most of the other british allies and territories outside of the EU will also help greatly for negociating on a non EU trade platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

It's ok if it all goes pear shaped, Ireland can just sell its soul to the Eu again for another pot of gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

May never wanted Brexit. She was handed a poisoned chalice by Cameron, and just simply tried to follow the will of the electerate.

Boris on the other hand, always wanted to be PM, and was probably always going to be. He wants Brexit, and will probably do all to get it, including lying. Lost all respect for him when he ran after the referendum, realising he to had no plan either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

They have nothing in common.

Assuming they are similar is pure lazy.

Good luck to him. I hope he keeps Ireland in mind when he is running the UK.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Looks like a no deal Brexit so. Not great for Ireland either as he seems to have some funny attitudes about us.

He appears to have funny attitudes towards pretty much everyone from outside the UK, and probably plenty who aren't, so we're nothing special.

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    They have nothing in common.

Assuming they are similar is pure lazy.

Good luck to him. I hope he keeps Ireland in mind when he is running the UK.

Racist, prone to talking without thinking and described as incredibly stupid by people working with them.

Advertisement