Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British version of Trump becomes PM

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

antix80 wrote: »
    EU seem to want a European army. This is an issue of national sovereignty.

I just don't see any appetite for an EU army here, from any part of the political spectrum. It's one of the few issues where everyone is on the same page. Going to be fascinating to see what happens when the EU brings that one to the table. Will the Irish stand strong or will they give the EU the answer they demand.
    steddyeddy wrote: »

Crikey that was quick. Boris has been in the position for a few hours and the EU are in negotiation mode already.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Berserker wrote: »
    I just don't see any appetite for an EU army here, from any part of the political spectrum. It's one of the few issues where everyone is on the same page. Going to be fascinating to see what happens when the EU brings that one to the table. Will the Irish stand strong or will they give the EU the answer they demand.

Crikey that was quick. Boris has been in the position for a few hours and the EU are in negotiation mode already.

Indeed. They've shot down his ideas instantly but it was always going to be like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,288 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

He’s not as bad as trump but he’s full of rubbish.

Wouldn’t trust him as far as I’d throw him

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Enter name here

Ah the misinformed, how many times does our country have to sell its soul to Germany before we realise we keep backing the wrong side.
    Yes the EU will give us lots of money again to save us from the evil British but at what cost how many refugees do we need take this time to satisfy the Germans?
    And what happens when the EU crashes in 10 years or so?
    I guess we will try and befriend the British again.

Ah the misinformed, how many times does our country have to sell its soul to Germany before we realise we keep backing the wrong side.
    Yes the EU will give us lots of money again to save us from the evil British but at what cost how many refugees do we need take this time to satisfy the Germans?

Prior to joining the EU the UK was nearly bankrupt. Following this it took out the biggest loan in the history of the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Only after joining the biggest single market in the world, the EU did it prosper. I'm quite confident there won't be a UK when this is over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

How many times has the EU bailed us out already?
    How many time can the Irish train wreck their economy?
    How much longer can Ireland operate as a tax Haven to MNCs?
    How many more billions will the Irish take from EU funds to build motorways and tourist attractions?
    How many refugees have we taken already to "satisfy" the Germans? (Not many)
    What will happen when the Irish economy tanks in a year or so?

Prior to joining the EU the UK was nearly bankrupt. Following this it took out the biggest loan in the history of the International Monetary Fund (IMF). Only after joining the biggest single market in the world, the EU did it prosper. I'm quite confident there won't be a UK when this is over.

LOL LOL LOL, the UK will leave the EU and go on to prosper, they will have the right to self governance unlike us who are just puppets of Germany. The other nations of the EU will look at the UK's booming economy and start the process of leaving also. And as i said previously like many world leading economists are predicting the EU will crash sometime within the next 10 to 20 years.

LOL LOL LOL, the UK will leave the EU and go on to prosper, they will have the right to self governance unlike us who are just puppets of Germany. The other nations of the EU will look at the UK's booming economy and start the process of leaving also. And as i said previously like many world leading economists are predicting the EU will crash sometime within the next 10 to 20 years.

What evidence is there to back up any of that drivel?

Fantastic for them. I wish they'd actually get a backbone and just leave. What you're forgetting is that the UK is the one begging for extensions from the EU.

What evidence is there to back up any of that drivel?

Google is your friend learn to read the real articles instead of tripe you are feed from the left constantly.

• Advertisement

Google is your friend learn to read the real articles instead of tripe you are feed from the left constantly.

Sure...the "real" articles..
    Tripe from the "left"...

:rolleyes:

I mean, not like you'd link any, because then we'd know you're full of it:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

I remember that video of him knocking over that little ten year old boy when he was playing rugby. It shows his character clearly. His statements over the years are also telling of his mendacity. He won't deliver a good Brexit, and thus will be a failure, and might stimulate their country into a general election. If so, there may be a Labour/Liberal government in place then.

He clearly tripped when playing rugby. This shows your character clearly.

Boris can't be any worse than May. She was a laughing stock in Europe. With Boris there is fear at the possibility of No Deal, he is already ahead of May. The majority of the UK voted for Brexit and he has committed to delivering it. If it turns out to be a No Deal Brexit then that is not Boris' incompetence but his respect to the vote which the majority of people wanted.

Boris can't be any worse than May. She was a laughing stock in Europe. With Boris there is fear at the possibility of No Deal, he is already ahead of May. The majority of the UK voted for Brexit and he has committed to delivering it. If it turns out to be a No Deal Brexit then that is not Boris' incompetence but his respect to the vote which the majority of people wanted.

And that's fair enough, but anyone who thinks BJ is going to turn this farce around and deliver a win is deluded.

When Boris was foreign secretary the foreign office contacted Irish officials to tell them to ignore what Boris says. That's unprecedented and indicative of Boris being really incompetent.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/irelands-govt-told-to-ignore-boris-johnson-by-foreign-office-11150411

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

He’ll do well. He’ll have the main hardline brexiteers in his cabinet.

He’ll keep them sweet and a good deal will be done for all except some.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,288 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Boris is the British trump ??

He’ll do well. He’ll have the main hardline brexiteers in his cabinet.

He’ll keep them sweet and a good deal will be done for all except some.....

The EU has already said that all BJs plans and rhetoric is bullsh*t and they're sticking with the original deal done with Mays govt.

Nothing in the deal has changed in the last 8 months since it was published last November. Why do you think things will change in the next 3?

Even down the wire at the end of March, the EU didn't budge. What can BJ do that so many others couldn't?

The EU has already said that all BJs plans and rhetoric is bullsh*t and they're sticking with the original deal done with Mays govt.

Nothing in the deal has changed in the last 8 months since it was published last November. Why do you think things will change in the next 3?

They will change because BJ will just walk away. The EU will meet with him to avoid losing the 38 billion they cant afford to.

They will change because BJ will just walk away. The EU with meet with him to avoid losing the 38 billion they cant afford to.

The EU had no problem watching the UK walk away in March.
    The UK asked for an extension. 38 billion is pennies to the EU. That's what Jeff Bezos paid his ex wife.

Even down the wire at the end of March, the EU didn't budge. What can BJ do that so many others couldn't?

Where did I say the deal would change?

He’ll get small details changed. Bring the boys in line, **** the dup out after delivering brexit, call a general election, Hoover up all the brexit party and right wing votes and get his majority.

And the key also to this is corbyn being in opposition

• Advertisement

They will change because BJ will just walk away. The EU will meet with him to avoid losing the 38 billion they cant afford to.

38 billion means fcuk all to Brussels. That’s just a principal to them

He’ll get small details changed. Bring the boys in line, **** the dup out after delivering brexit, call a general election, Hoover up all the brexit party and right wing votes and get his majority.

Small details? Like what?
    The Backstop?
    Immigration?
    EU Workers rights?
    Withdrawal payments?
    Customs union?

Those small details? Those small details that BJ has said are unacceptable, and the EU said were not changing?

Ya, good luck with that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

There's no possibility of the EU not getting paid sooner or later-if the UK do decide to stiff their bill at this stage then it merely becomes the first item on the agenda when trade negotiations begin, except it will then cost the UK £50B+ due to their currency collapsing. On a per-capita basis for the EU 27 it's peanuts anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Prior to joining the EU the UK was nearly bankrupt. Following this it took out the biggest loan in the history of the International Monetary Fund (IMF).

So you're saying the UK was coerced into joining the EC by globalist influences? We'll junk your credit rating until you join the AAA EC.

Kinda joking and kinda not there. Sounds like larger European countries led by Germany economically conquered the UK after twice failing to do so militarily.

It suited Ireland to believe the AAA rating of being an EU state would continue to apply even in a downturn, when Ireland was downgraded to a C and threatened with a D if it burned the bankers.

Small details? Like what?
    The Backstop?
    Immigration?
    EU Workers rights?
    Withdrawal payments?
    Customs union?

Those small details? Those small details that BJ has said are unacceptable, and the EU said were not changing?

Ya, good luck with that.

He’ll have the legal wording on some of the above changed. Hence small detail.

And don’t ask me what as nobody knows yet

He’ll have the legal wording on some of the above changed. Hence small detail.

And don’t ask me what as nobody knows yet

So.. you make a prediction...then immediately say your prediction is bullsh*t.

:pac:

I understand that nobody knows, but when all evidence points to the contrary, you're taking a very unusual position.

So wait, the EU need the Uk but the UK doesn't need the EU. Why do the UK keep begging for extensions?

So.. you make a prediction...then immediately say your prediction is bullsh*t.

:pac:

I understand that nobody knows, but when all evidence points to the contrary, you're taking a very unusual position.

Jesus some posters

Did I mention the specifics about the changes?

Jesus some posters

Did I mention the specifics about the changes?

Nah, you were just so vague as to be pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The Tory election strategists must be shítting bricks this evening..... You will have them out of a handy job.

Advertisement