Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British version of Trump becomes PM

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Wow who would have ever guessed there were so many pharma people here on the boards. Guess I should just resign and take all my management decisions from your guys now. Under the new regulatory requirements for the UK and the contractual agreements to supply the NHS would you be so kind as to advise me how to keep my costs down inline with contractual agreements? Let me give you a hint, it wont be by paying a higher tariff.

You stated that a bet about Trump bought your house? Maybe place more bets until the tariffs are evened out.

In the real world though people deal with increased costs of business by increasing the costs to the people they're supplying to. Just increase the costs of drugs to the NHS.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

steddyeddy wrote:
    So Leo Varadker gives an interview stating that Ireland won't be bullied into changing it's position. At least this is getting interesting.
    Politicians lie and he said 'I think'.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I know, but we will provide our "Red Lines" to Europe and they will either back us, or they won't

High probability they will of course

Protecting the border and the GFA has been an EU red line from day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@blinding - red card for ignoring thread ban

dudara

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Faugheen wrote: »
    Protecting the border and the GFA has been an EU red line from day one.

Let’s see how it works out so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Old Timmy Dooley really put his foot in it lol.

BMW tell Boris a no deal Brexit should be avoided at all costs, Bank of England cuts growth projections and the Pound falls even lower against the Dollar.

Well done Boris! You may be destroying the British economy but you're annoying people on the "left".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Liberation from the EU for all.

2.1bn to start with. (and we thought the childrens hospital was bad value for money)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

steddyeddy wrote: »
    BMW tell Boris a no deal Brexit should be avoided at all costs, Bank of England cuts growth projections and the Pound falls even lower against the Dollar.

Well done Boris! You may be destroying the British economy but you're annoying people on the "left".

He inherited a mess and will clean it up. He's in the job less than a week. Have you anything to say about his predecessor who was there for 3 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

He inherited a mess and will clean it up. He's in the job less than a week. Have you anything to say about his predecessor who was there for 3 years?

How will he clean it up?

• Advertisement

Yes. She's not my favourite but Boris makes her look fantastic right now!

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

The one who tried to sort this mess out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

How will he clean it up?

The mess is partly his making too.
    He made every attempt to frustrate Brexit once he decided which side of the fence he was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

What I find truly bizarre regarding the British attitude to the Backstop - was that it was THEIR idea. They tabled the concept of a backstop as an insurance policy to avoid a hard border!

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/the-backstop-was-a-british-proposal-not-one-tabled-by-ireland-or-the-eu-1.3761566

I said it before - this incredibly transparent Bojo strategy towards Brexit is nothing other than a play to cut off support for the Nidge Weasel Farage. Bojo knows he cant get a No-Deal through Westminster without creating a constitutional crisis at levels unheard of in the modern era of western politics.

His bet, is that this forces a General Election - he can then blame everyone else for not getting Brexit done and comes out squeaky clean!!

Advertisement