Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Tries scored is used after extra time in some rugby competitions I believe (or at least used to be).
    used in most amateur rugby competitions here and all age grade. Most tries, first try ruling. Continues down to first score and cards then as well
    Buer wrote: »
    Yup. I recall Shannon beating Clontarf in the AIL final on that basis.

If I recall correctly, it's the tie breaker that's used before a drop goal shoot out.
    and it's part I'd tie breaker. Few more steps before shoot out in the few levels drop goal shoot out happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,187 ✭✭✭✭Buer

TLS is locked!

Let's all slag off referees before he knows what's going on!

• Administrators Posts: 53,450 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Diarmuid Connolly back for the Dubs?

5 in a row no bother. Someone is going to have to come up with a slogan for six.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,187 ✭✭✭✭Buer

awec wrote: »
    Diarmuid Connolly back for the Dubs?

5 in a row no bother. Someone is going to have to come up with a slogan for six.

I'd be surprised if he gets a start for Dublin this year...or again. He might not even make the 26 on any day. After his ban in 2017, he didn't get into a starting side again.

The lad is 32. Despite the fact that he's probably the most talented footballer in the country over the past decade, Dublin possibly don't need him. It's a crying shame because he deserves to go out at the top.

I'd love to see him play in another AI final and score a crucial point. If he didn't come on in 2017, Dublin don't win that match. He's exceptionally gifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Mayo looked lethargic. The quality isn't there compared to previous years and some of the younger players (Carr, McDonagh) didn't impose themselves but the schedule can't help. They will play five games in six weeks. It pays even more to win your province as the Super 8s schedule is grueling enough without having to come through the qualifiers.

I was at the Dublin Cork game and while the scoreline didn't reflect the entire game Dublin were ruthlessly efficient. It's hard to see past five in a row bar a freak day out which can happen.

• Advertisement

Nobody else is within an arms length of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭swiwi_

One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.

#goldenanniversary

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

swiwi_ wrote: »
    One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.

#goldenanniversary

It was all faked swiwi. Get on board the conspiracy train for crying out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

swiwi_ wrote: »
    But also a font! Well spotted Stephen and my sincere apologies to the forum for my Latin error, Switzerland being of course formerly known as Helvetia. So hard to find adequate posters these days, standards have slipped since I was a kid.

Sorry as a former graphic designer I couldn’t resist the pun.

Well that’s McIlroy dead and buried. Bookies favourite too.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Well that’s McIlroy dead and buried. Bookies favourite too.

Its a pity... but the lad needs to get a good psycologist to work with him, as he seems to have a big issue handling pressure at majors over the last 5 years

So, the Lion King out today.

I reckon the cinema will be full of kids in their 30s for the next few months!

On the same Sunday where College Green will be open to pedestrians only in a trial, Pearse and Tara St dart stations are closed for renovations. Ideally those wouldn't overlap!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

So, the Lion King out today.

I reckon the cinema will be full of kids in their 30s for the next few months!

I never even saw the original. Am I the only one?

Yeah_Right wrote: »

What age are you?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I mean......why?

What age are you?

41. All my mates and my OH's friends seem to have seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

On the same Sunday where College Green will be open to pedestrians only in a trial, Pearse and Tara St dart stations are closed for renovations. Ideally those wouldn't overlap!

Unless they were emergency repairs, makes absolutely no sense why they'd choose this weekend for renovations, considering it's the one weekend they want to try and get as many people as possible to use the public transport options

Same as. Just about missed the bandwagon.

Unless they were emergency repairs, makes absolutely no sense why they'd choose this weekend for renovations, considering it's the one weekend they want to try and get as many people as possible to use the public transport options

It relates to ongoing renovation work on Pearse Station. It's nothing that couldn't have been moved by a week or so I'm sure.

It's so dumb. No joined up planning at all.

• Advertisement

People freak out when I tell them I wasn't really into Disney growing up

People freak out when I tell them I wasn't really into Disney growing up

WTF YOU WEIRDO?!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Same as. Just about missed the bandwagon.

Well go ****ing watch it now then. Timeless classics don't have "bandwagons".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭swiwi_

2 of the most lucrative films of all time are titanic and the lion king. I’ve seen both.

Meh.

Avatar too. I really don't get how that film in particular was such success.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Avatar too. I really don't get how that film in particular was such success.

"unobtainium"

when i heard that i nearly puked.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Great bird from Lowry a minute ago. 2 shot lead. Hope he holds his nerve and wins it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Synode wrote: »
    Great bird from Lowry a minute ago. 2 shot lead. Hope he holds his nerve and wins it

He's playing absolutely stellar.

Can't see Rory making the cut at all, they're predicting around 2 over and he hasn't motored on yet really with the first two getting par, a lot of ground to make up.

McIlroy is gone. No way he's coming back.

• Advertisement

I see Ryan Fox had a stinker today after a good day (and a great back 9) yesterday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement