Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,785 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Cricket WC Final, Wimbledon Men's Final, Tour de France, Hurling, British Grand Prix...And they're all on FTA tele!! What a Sunday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,185 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Root gone and England struggling to build anything. Momentum swinging back to NZ.

Morgan is going to have to do something special to steady the ship and get the runs flowing very quickly.

Buer wrote: »
    Root gone and England struggling to build anything. Momentum swinging back to NZ.

Morgan is going to have to do something special to steady the ship and get the runs flowing very quickly.

Game on now!! England not scoring heavily enough. Middle order going to have to pick up some serious runs.

mfceiling wrote: »
    Game on now!! England not scoring heavily enough. Middle order going to have to pick up some serious runs.

I don't think it's even game on, I think NZ are in a very strong position now. I don't see England managing to start cracking boundaries away with the way the ball is moving. If they try to cut loose, they're going to lose wickets.

As I posted earlier, no side batting second has won at Lords in this tournament. Apparently the pitch allows for much more movement in the deliveries as the day goes on and a new ball can be very difficult to deal with. With that said, the NZ bowlers are playing brilliantly. The length of their deliveries is spot on.

I can see England being bowled out for 200.

I don't think it's even game on, I think NZ are in a very strong position now. I don't see England managing to start cracking boundaries away with the way the ball is moving. If they try to cut loose, they're going to lose wickets.

As I posted earlier, no side batting second has won at Lords in this tournament. Apparently the pitch allows for much more movement in the deliveries as the day goes on and a new ball can be very difficult to deal with. With that said, the NZ bowlers are playing brilliantly. The length of their deliveries is spot on.

I can see England being bowled out for 200.

I think you're right. Bowlers are giving nothing away and the fielders are well on top.
    Gone to a run a ball now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,483 ✭✭✭swiwi_

In case no one knows, I’m Swiss

#Federer

...who blows 2 championship points :(

Well this is going to go to the wire by the looks of it. Sensational stuff. Every ball is critical now.

Buttler is a guaranteed MOTM if England pull this off.....and he's gone! Massive moment and could be the CWC for NZ!

The pressure on Woakes coming into the field with 31 balls left and the CWC on the line.

Well this is going to go to the wire by the looks of it. Sensational stuff. Every ball is critical now.

Buttler is a guaranteed MOTM if England pull this off.....and he's gone! Massive moment and could be the CWC for NZ!

The pressure on Woakes coming into the field with 31 balls left and the CWC on the line.

Flicking between this and Wimbledon....High drama all round.

Flicking between this and Wimbledon....High drama all round.

Man I wish I had 2 TVs...

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Man I wish I had 2 TVs...

So do I!!

• Advertisement

So do I!!

Could you hold my hand mfceiling? Feeling a little nervous. There’s a good man.

This is incredible. Stokes will have rickets from walking with those massive balls between his legs.

NZ still should see this out. 3 balls left.

A F*CKING BOUNDARY OFF A FIELDING F*CK UP! With the runs that's another 6!!

2 balls for the CWC title.

Jesus...Even herself is on the edge of the sofa here.

Jesus...Even herself is on the edge of the sofa here.

This is one of the most incredible sporting events I've watched. I just have one question...

What the f*ck is a super over?

That was an incredible final over. Utterly mental.

That freak of nature cost nz the win In regulation time. Like a ball hitting both uprights then the crossbar then a sudden gust of wind pushing it over the bar for a winning drop goal.

That freak of nature cost nz the win In regulation time. Like a ball hitting both uprights then the crossbar then a sudden gust of wind pushing it over the bar for a winning drop goal.

I don't think I've ever seen that (not that I watch a huge amount of cricket).

It's a mental concept. Stokes and Buttler coming back out for England. Had to be those two boys.

You'd have to think advantage England right now.

Absolutely bonkers. As Buer says you cannot have seen a more crazy spectacle to decide a World Cup Final.

There aren't many days where the final of Wimbledon sees a 5 set tie break won 13-12 and it's not even the most dramatic sporting event in London that day.

Feel for Archer. Pressure completely got to him. Lad only made his England debut in May. Have to ask questions about that decision.

5 from 3 balls required. Surely in the bag here for NZ.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Jesus Christ that was something else.

Have I used the word incredible yet today?

Well done Eoin Morgan. World Cup winning captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I don't really follow what I just watched but the tension was crazy!

Is that the biggest prize in cricket?

That was something else. Proud of my lads they gave it all.

Well done to Morgan that is a great achievement.

That was something else. Proud of my lads they gave it all.

Such a harsh way to lose (and lose the second final in a row) for a side that surpassed expectations. They look absolutely gutted down on the field, tears flowing for some of them.

Wow. Just wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

Not a fan of falling back on boundaries after 2 draws but thems the rule. You wouldn't see a similar rule in other sports though - the tennis today as a perfect example.

hahashake wrote: »
    Not a fan of falling back on boundaries after 2 draws but thems the rule. You wouldn't see a similar rule in other sports though - the tennis today as a perfect example.

Tries scored is used after extra time in some rugby competitions I believe (or at least used to be).

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Tries scored is used after extra time in some rugby competitions I believe (or at least used to be).

Yup. I recall Shannon beating Clontarf in the AIL final on that basis.

If I recall correctly, it's the tie breaker that's used before a drop goal shoot out.

• Advertisement

Yup. I recall Shannon beating Clontarf in the AIL final on that basis.

If I recall correctly, it's the tie breaker that's used before a drop goal shoot out.

Aye, that's the one I remember as well. In particular as it happened very shortly after the Leicester - Cardiff shoot out and I think most of the players were expecting that to happen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement