Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the etiquette here??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    No doubt looking for the all (and i mean ALL) over tan. Must have fell asleep, cheeks akimbo

Probably hadn’t been “clean” either.

Maybe it involved alcohol and passing out after dropping a “load” down on the beach?
    You've hit the nail on the head there Emmet , them eggs could only have been laid in a little unnoticed piece of dung and you would be surprised how fast they would eat into the skin from there . Tough guy probably kept himself topped up and sedated with drink until  it was too late to get them washed out without  medical attention . 
    I've seen a similar happen in my own village when we were young lads on holiday and I can tell ye 100% not to use sheep dip on a mans nether regions . Get the stuff the doc recommends . We can laugh about it now but there was a time when we thought we burned the meat and two veg of one of our buddies and that he would never have kids of his own (as it turned out the hornbag has 3 with 2 different women now !).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

Spot on lads. Good detective work. I haven't gone into the gory details with him but this fellah would be fairly obese. Big fat folds of skin on him, smell of camembert even on a mild day, and no way he his cleaning that hoop fastidously. He'll have gone in for a doner kebab after ten bottles of San Miguel and shat himself on the way home. A bluebottle will have kite-surfed up the trail of slime on the inside of his shorts and impregnated his anus with eggs. He doesn't strike me as a nude sunbather but I could also imagine the phucker sleeping naked in a pool of greasy sweat in his hotel room on a sweltering Andalusian night and maybe the little bugger came in the window. Aaron is probably a perma-crowner so it'll have burrowed in where his anus lips are flush wifh the turd and settled it's eggs in there. Horrible to think about really.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You certainly paint a picture. Quite evocative.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

jaysus, I think thats the first time I've felt ill on this thread, and that's saying a lot ..

jaysus, I think thats the first time I've felt ill on this thread, and that's saying a lot ..

It's gone too far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I think I've informed the thread before that you could set your pocket watch to my bowel movement - I'd finish up my morning mug of tea, stub out my second Marlboro Red, and stride quickly and confidently into the main jacks in my home with a look of urgency and purpose on my face. I'd never leave the house without having carried out ablutions. It really sets a man up for the day, and I'd like to think that being an early AM pooper is one of the reasons I'm so successful in life.

However for the past three 3 weeks I've been using one of those vape pens instead of going through 20 'cowboy killers' a day. Working in fairness, and I'm feeling better - most of the time. The worst side-effect so far is that my digestive clock has gone slightly out of sync. Nothing dramatic like suddenly finding yourself 'turtle necking' at midnight just as you're about to hit the hay, or going from a once-a-day sort of chap to someone who visits the pewter palace 3 or 4 times before lunch. Nah, just a slight change to my schedule. It's causing me some distress at the same time though - a ritual is hard to break.

I was driving up the coast road past St. Anne's Park this morning having left the house only 20 minutes earlier. Hadn't 'blown me guts' before I left, as I didn't need to, and I was never a fan of forcing a movement. Suddenly felt one of those slight cramps, and heard one of those low ominous cramps. Knew I had to find facilities fairly rapido. Nothing down that road - past Anne's Park, Wong's Chinese, first bit on Clontarf, the rest of Clontarf - nothing. Starting to panic, so I decided to swing a sharp left onto the Alfie B road as I knew East Wall had a number of passable facilities. Disaster - traffic was very slow, with about 10000 IT nerds in Toyota Prisus's heading into East Point. Bad now, with some serious 'crowning' taking place. I briefly considered pulling over and trying to 'bag' the thing, but I got the Landcruiser valeted only last week.

Eventually made it into the Lidl carpark, and ran in the door of the McDonald's for a 'drive through MCShít'. Up the stairs, which is always the last think you want to encounter when the first two inches are cold. Into the basic enougg facilities, and splendid relief!!

Stayed around for a double sausage McMuffin and coffee. It was a very close call, but I feel emotionally and physically lighter as a result. Be careful out there, folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

You'll be giving birth again shortly after that breakfast combo. Trust me, McDonald's coffee is very nice, but it's laxative effects are powerful. Throw a double sausage mcmuffin into the mix, and all bets are off.

Slightly concerned that after reading this thread I have a hankering for McDonalds, it's been months since I've been...

Slightly concerned that after reading this thread I have a hankering for McDonalds, it's been months since I've been...

A hankering for McDonald's followed by a Hankying for your anus

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I’ve never had any “effects” from McDonalds, I guess I stay away from their “breakfast” so that might be it.

Haven’t had it in a good while at this stage. I’d actually put “Supermacs” and “Burger King” ahead of them on the “fast food” table now.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

I’ve never had any “effects” from McDonalds, I guess I stay away from their “breakfast” so that might be it.

Haven’t had it in a good while at this stage. I’d actually put “Supermacs” and “Burger King” ahead of them on the “fast food” table now.

In terms of preference of the big chains i'd have:

1. Supermacs
    2. McDonalds
    3. Burgerking.

I always found that McDonalds left me with an empty feeling afterwards. Never used to fill me up.

I did rather like the double quarter pounder with cheese. Very greasy and i'd no problem with subsequent bowel movements. If anything it encouraged them.

Fine coffee indeed Gerry. I can see you're a man of superior insight. Some people will scoff if you tell them you're a fan of the awl Mickey D's Caffè Americano, but it's a dependable, streamlined product without that awful bitterness that the gourmet coffee bistros are fooling people with these days. There are many countries in the world where the best coffee you'll get without going completely off the beaten track is inside McDonalds. Now you'll be pissing streams of rancid brown dung-water through your hoop within 50 minutes, and if there's any turd lying in repose it'll get shot out at force into the pewter, in my case usually decomposing on impact shedding vile stinking sawdust and oatmeal all over the basin, but a decent cortado or cafe leche is worth it I feel.

McDonalds while not healthy is a very safe bet for not giving you any stomach issues - sure the stuff doesn't even decompose ..

coffee could be another story tho ..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

McDonalds while not healthy is a very safe bet for not giving you any stomach issues - sure the stuff doesn't even decompose ..

coffee could be another story tho ..

Hold the horses there now, it ain't all sunshine and flowers.

I'm know to down 9 pints of cider and get a 20 Mcnugget sharebox with 4 curry sauces and a large fries.

The next days deposit(s) tend to be foul in both smell an texture. Comes out like shredded newspaper with a nasty orange glow.

Ush1 wrote: »

I'm know to down 9 pints of cider and get a 20 Mcnugget sharebox with 4 curry sauces and a large fries.

The next days deposit(s) tend to be foul in both smell an texture. Comes out like shredded newspaper with a nasty orange glow.

There's something out of sync with your pint to nugget ratio. You should be hitting double digit pints to be able to put away that amount of nuggets and chips.

Nine pints would be a good night out, but wouldn't be a days drinking.

It's called soakage lads.

What's the opinion on KFC lads?

11 secret herbs and spices. 11 different visits to the jacks the morning after for me. I love the stuff, but damn, does it do a number on me. I consider pocketing a fistful of those lemon scented wipes for the leather cheerio whenever i'm in there, to avoid a Nashville Hot asshole

It's called soakage lads.
    It's a foolish person that sets into drinking pints without a bit of lining in the stomach.

It'll be coming out of both ends if you don't lay a solid foundation pre-refreshments.

Considering how they are “put” together I’m not surprised, pink sludge from forehead “meat” squashed into shapes. Nasty business.
    gerrybbadd wrote: »
    What's the opinion on KFC lads?

11 secret herbs and spices. 11 different visits to the jacks the morning after for me. I love the stuff, but damn, does it do a number on me. I consider pocketing a fistful of those lemon scented wipes for the leather cheerio whenever i'm in there, to avoid a Nashville Hot asshole

Not a fan of the KFC, G. Do you still get a corn on the “cob” with the meals?

The tide is turning…

There's something out of sync with your pint to nugget ratio. You should be hitting double digit pints to be able to put away that amount of nuggets and chips.

Don't I know it!:pac:

The local taxi men know me as the Nugget Champion. 9 pints wouldn't be day drinking at all, just a Friday night in the local job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

9 pints would be my limit these days for a quiet evening in the pub. Age waits for no man. :(

Very proud moment for me just now. Gave birth to a twelve-incher. The birthing was unremarkable, no strain whatsoever, and I'm lucky I wasn't gawking at my phone as I'd have missed the whole thing. A real rivermonster. And the way he slid down into the water and out of sight was a thing of beauty. I said adieu and we parted ways. Who knows what he'll do now, but I like to think he'll travel the world and be reintegrated with the life-force or "mana" of the universe, becoming one with mother nature. I feel high. Farewell kind soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Very proud moment for me just now. Gave birth to a twelve-incher. The birthing was unremarkable, no strain whatsoever, and I'm lucky I wasn't gawking at my phone as I'd have missed the whole thing. A real rivermonster. And the way he slid down into the water and out of sight was a thing of beauty. I said adieu and we parted ways. Who knows what he'll do now, but I like to think he'll travel the world and be reintegrated with the life-force or "mana" of the universe, becoming one with mother nature. I feel high. Farewell kind soul.
    "That's the circle, the circle of poo!"

Don't I know it!:pac:

The local taxi men know me as the Nugget Champion. 9 pints wouldn't be day drinking at all, just a Friday night in the local job.
    Ush1 wrote:
    It all started with having six nuggets with fries after a feed of pints at the weekend. Just a few harmless nuggets, so i thought.

Then i upped it to nine nuggets, then twelve and then sixteen. By the time i realised it was too late i was on twenty nuggets a night.

My habit had consumed me. I was having unprotected sex with truckers in laybys just to feed my habit. I'd suck any dick for some sweet and sour sauce.

Once i found the higher power of twenty pints and Zaytoon i had managed to ween myself off this horrendous addiction.

I've lived to tell this tale so that others who start on nuggets don't fall into the same trap as I

A cautionary tale indeed, i may have used some artistic licence to hammer the point home.

So to speak. :pac:

A cautionary tale indeed, i may have used some artistic licence to hammer the point home.

So to speak. :pac:

Accurate(although it was curry, not sweet and sour) and frightening. Be careful out there folks.

Did it break the waterline while still “attached”? That’s always a great “achievement” that should be celebrated and shared with others.

The tide is turning…

Did it break the waterline while still “attached”? That’s always a great “achievement” that should be celebrated and shared with others.

He certainly did Emmet, he certainly did.

And he slid away with all the sadness and grace of a ballet dancer in Swan Lake.

Farewell my child.

I'd say some of the lads in Zaytoon are birthing their own river monsters in the back rooms. I'd be surprised if they are washing their hands either. Very nice food when last I had it ten years ago.

He certainly did Emmet, he certainly did.

And he slid away with all the sadness and grace of a ballet dancer in Swan Lake.

Farewell my child.

Did you throw a single rose and some soil down the jacks, like a bereaved man watching the coffin of a recently deceased relative descend slowly into the grave. :(

Did you throw a single rose and some soil down the jacks, like a bereaved man watching the coffin of a recently deceased relative descend slowly into the grave. :(

I would hope not, it’s a “joyous” occasion.

Sure it’s “tinged” with sadness and “bittersweet”, like that Harry Chapin song “Cats in the Cradle” but there’s pride and joy in there too.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement

Some of you might think I'm being a bit soppy, but I feel very happy and proud at this moment. I guess this is how a women feels after she's given birth to a plump, stocky little future front-rower. My baby boy will definitely make the team.

Advertisement