Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

SlickRic wrote: »
    If Delph is a starter in midfield for Everton, he could be a watcher as a 5.5 defender.

Digne and Coleman would still be better options

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Well, Digne would be anyway. I'm still unsure about Coleman. I just don't think he's the same player he was. Maybe that's just me though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LucasHoodsDad

2 questions

1. Will any 4.0m defender start?

2.Whats the best 6.5m striker choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

2 questions

1. Will any 4.0m defender start?

2.Whats the best 6.5m striker choice?

You're embarrassing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LucasHoodsDad

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    You're embarrassing me.

LOL, Some show all the same

• Advertisement

I don’t follow many on twitter.

Only joined for injury updates from Ben Dinnery.

Any suggestions for who to follow but only for the run up to it starting ?

Maybe if you could say why they’re good to folllw too ?

I’m enjoying tweets from @ahopcroft13

A mixture of stuff from him but I’m enjoying looking at his lists of xg and xa stuff.

Shots in the box conversion stats too and so on.

Edit - zero idea how or why I’m following him. Guessing I heard him on a podcast and liked what he had to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I don’t follow many on twitter.

Only joined for injury updates from Ben Dinnery.

Any suggestions for who to follow but only for the run up to it starting ?

Maybe if you could say why they’re good to folllw too ?

I’m enjoying tweets from @ahopcroft13

A mixture of stuff from him but I’m enjoying looking at his lists of xg and xa stuff.

Shots in the box conversion stats too and so on.

Edit - zero idea how or why I’m following him. Guessing I heard him on a podcast and liked what he had to say.

I've followed a few but I found Neil Murray the best. His tweets are very well presented and in depth.

https://twitter.com/roneildinho

Speaking of Neil Murray FPL, he created a list of best players per price. Was looking for this exact list! Of course it's subjective and will garner criticism but might be helpful. He has since changed his 4.5m mid to Dedoncker.

Goalkeepers:

(4.0) Button
    (4.5) Ryan
    (5.0) Guaita
    (5.5) Lloris
    (6.0) Ederson

Defenders:

(4.0) Reid
    (4.5) Diop
    (5.0) Tarkowski
    (5.5) Kolasanic
    (6.0) Digne
    (6.5) VVD
    (7.0) TAA

Midfielders:

(4.5) Hayden
    (5.0) Norwood
    (5.5) Westwood
    (6.0) McNeil
    (6.5) Brooks
    (7.0) Zaha
    (7.5) Fraser
    (8.0) Siggy
    (8.5) Pogba
    (9.0) Eriksen
    (9.5) KDB
    (11.5) Mane
    (12) Sterling
    (12.5) Salah

Forwards:

(4.5) Xande Silva
    (5.0) Andone
    (5.5) McGoldrick
    (6.0) DCL
    (6.5) King
    (7.0) Giroud
    (7.5) Jiminez
    (8.0) Wilson
    (8.5) Rashford
    (9.0) Vardy
    (9.5) Lacazette
    (11) Kane
    (12) Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

@klopparama

Started following Hopcroft last season, he's very good. Ben Murray is similar to him, handle is @roneildinho. Tom Campbell (UtterlyTC) does a weekly motd round up, giving a quick summary of each game. It's handy if you don't have time to watch games/highlights yourself.

BBC: "Eintracht Frankfurt striker Sebastian Haller is travelling to West Ham for a medical before a transfer worth up to £45m - a club record for the Hammers."

Makes Chico less appealing. Although I do like West Ham's start. Would love to chance Antonio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

If Haller was priced at 6 or 6.5 I'd be all over him, 20 goals & 12 assists in 41 games last season for Eintracht. WH have some good attacking midfielders to who will hopefully create a good supply for him. Could be more expensive though so I'll be watching with interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

sheroman01 wrote: »
    BBC: "Eintracht Frankfurt striker Sebastian Haller is travelling to West Ham for a medical before a transfer worth up to £45m - a club record for the Hammers."

Makes Chico less appealing. Although I do like West Ham's start. Would love to chance Antonio.

Very interested to see what price he comes in at 8.0 or lower and he will be a great option imo. I don't see Antonio starting the season save a million with yarmolenko or Anderson is the same price

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

West Ham sold their reserve left back Sam Byram to Norwich today. He looked a very nice player from what I saw of him for Leeds/WH. I was giddily thinking "there's our 4.0 player" but they don't have him feckin listed yet - no doubt he'll be in at 4.5 now that there's a sniff of him starting

Shedite27 wrote: »
    West Ham sold their reserve left back Sam Byram to Norwich today. He looked a very nice player from what I saw of him for Leeds/WH. I was giddily thinking "there's our 4.0 player" but they don't have him feckin listed yet - no doubt he'll be in at 4.5 now that there's a sniff of him starting

Already been added at 4.5

Shedite27 wrote: »

I did the exact same thing
    And with the Brighton centre half who is expected to replace dunk

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Saw this tweet, you can avoid the top six for the whole season with a wolves/WH defence double up

The Guardian: "Tottenham’s Kieran Trippier set for Atlético Madrid after £20m fee agreed".

Still surprised he's leaving. Surely Aurier is the #1 RB with Foyth filling in the odd time? Foyth is also suspended for the first 2 games and had copa america.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kyle walker v2 (Peters) might be a cheap option.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Winston Reid at 4.0 for WH is being overlooked i feel. Back from a long injury. Decent chance he'll regain his pace as a first choice centre half

manual_man wrote: »
    Winston Reid at 4.0 for WH is being overlooked i feel. Back from a long injury. Decent chance he'll regain his pace as a first choice centre half

As a west ham fan I wouldn't think so. Ogbonna play well in patches last year balbuena and diop are nailed on if ogbonna leaves it will only because we will bring in another defender and reid is getting on a bit now too a sporadic role is best he can hope for

• Advertisement

Kyle walker v2 (Peters) might be a cheap option.

Same price as Aurier & Foyth (suspended for first game or 2)

Foyth played right back for Argentina in Copa America.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

As a west ham fan I wouldn't think so. Ogbonna play well in patches last year balbuena and diop are nailed on if ogbonna leaves it will only because we will bring in another defender and reid is getting on a bit now too a sporadic role is best he can hope for

he's just gone 31, not at all old for a center half. We'll see but was he not first choice before his serious injury? And was he captain for a time? Anyway just a thought for another 4.0 option since none seem nailed anyway

manual_man wrote: »
    he's just gone 31, not at all old for a center half. We'll see but was he not first choice before his serious injury? And was he captain for a time? Anyway just a thought for another 4.0 option since none seem nailed anyway

Well he didn't play at all last year and only half a year the season before he was first choice back then but that was under billic. He may have stepped in as captain when noble wasn't playing. Id love to see him get back to close to what he was but it is hard to envisage in my eyes. Pre season will tell alot on these things someone may appear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

What’s the likely Bournemouth back 4 or 5. Read today about Elliot Kelly and Liverpool’s move for him scuppered. Seems well regarded. Is he a likely starter. Apparently a 6 foot 3 left back that can play centre back too

Green&Red wrote: »
    Saw this tweet, you can avoid the top six for the whole season with a wolves/WH defence double up

https://twitter.com/fpdonttakethel/status/1150723043293089797?s=21

I had Adrian and Patricio for half the season last year
    The only thing I avoided was clean sheets

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Steve Bruce confirmed as new Newcastle manager. I'm going to be targeting players playing against the Magpies early on then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Steve Bruce confirmed as new Newcastle manager. I'm going to be targeting players playing against the Magpies early on then.
    Yep, looking at their squad it's hard to see where their goals will come from. Can see a lot of cs points available against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Could Muto be the cheapest striker starting?

Is Dominic Calvert-Lewin looking like a fairly nailed on starter? Or are Everton looking to purchase a new striker? He ended the season brilliantly, so hopefully Silva keeps faith in him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Advertisement