Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Lampard on Jorginho: "He became quite a conversation last year. But I’m actually looking at a player who has very much impressed me over the last 10 days. His attitude in training has been first-class. He’s a driver of a session. He’s a voice.”

Hmmmm. Looks a guaranteed starter. Possibly on pens. Was close to having a load of assists last season. Could be playing further forward this year (if Kante moves back to DM). 5m. I'm actually thinking playing a rotating 4.5m 11th player, so if I can squeeze 0.5m more, I'll chance him....maybe.

Great fixtures as well
    And Giroud is too risky now
    Defo one to monitor as a fifth mid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭sheroman01

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Lampard on Jorginho: "He became quite a conversation last year. But I’m actually looking at a player who has very much impressed me over the last 10 days. His attitude in training has been first-class. He’s a driver of a session. He’s a voice.”

Hmmmm. Looks a guaranteed starter. Possibly on pens. Was close to having a load of assists last season. Could be playing further forward this year (if Kante moves back to DM). 5m. I'm actually thinking playing a rotating 4.5m 11th player, so if I can squeeze 0.5m more, I'll chance him....maybe.
    km79 wrote: »
    Great fixtures as well
    And Giroud is too risky now
    Defo one to monitor as a fifth mid

And apparently McGoldrick is Sheffield Utd's penalty taker. I can't find proof of this, but if so, it'd be lovely to take a punt on himself (5.5m) and Jorginho (5m)....at least for the first 6 gameweeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Any thoughts on who'll start for United between Martial and Sanchez? Serious value there if one of them nails down a starting spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,712 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

There are a few Chelsea players who could be good to own for the early part of this season. Pulisic depending on what role he is used in, one of their CBs if Rüdiger is out for a while and Abraham or Bats if one is first choice and depending on price. Looking at their fixtures, I'll wait two GWs for clarity on some of that before nailing colours to the Chelsea mast.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,083 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    I'm building my team around Kane and KDB - both underpriced imo.

True. But it depends if you're sacrificing having the likes of Salah AND Sterling IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Any thoughts on who'll start for United between Martial and Sanchez? Serious value there if one of them nails down a starting spot.

Theres been positive quotes coming out about Martial and the effort he has put in so far. Has so much potential if he lock down a spot and start to perform he could be good value.

Not Sanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Hard to argue for Kane with Trippier gone and Eriksen could be on the way out too. That's a serious hole in their creativity. And Kane usually starts slowly anyway

Have been giving serious consideration to starting Jorginho and Noble in a 3-5-2.

Wasn’t there a couple of freak scoring 5m midfielders last year ? Think Kante was one.

I also think whoever doesn’t start the season with a Chelsea midfielder will be transferring one in within 2-3 weeks. There’s serious value to be had in one of them. Hopefully Pedro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,712 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I also think whoever doesn’t start the season with a Chelsea midfielder will be transferring one in within 2-3 weeks. There’s serious value to be had in one of them. Hopefully Pedro.
    Like I said earlier, better to wait 2-3 weeks and transfer in the right Chelsea player than start with one and possibly have to change. Their opening two games could be tricky anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Another goal for Greenwood today...

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Another goal for Greenwood today...

There is absolutely no doubt he is getting game time at start of season
    He is prob only an injury away from starting
    Whether he stakes a claim or not long term then won’t matter !

I'm throwing in Greenwood as my 4.5 fwd. At the worst he loses 0.1 or 0.2 and rots in 3rd position on my bench. At best he gets good minutes and could prove amazing value. It's not like i was expecting much from Vincent Janssen anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I'm keeping an eye on Brewster for similar reasons

Not in the game yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Finding it very hard to put a draft together.

Salah/Sterling/3 big defenders/decent striker takes up a lot of wedge.

I'm also conscious of a GW2 captain (Salah in GW1, City player GW3-6) as Arsenal have the most (only?) decent fixture of the top 6 clubs. Haven't seen Auba or Laca in many squads, but could be captaincy material home to Burnley.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Benimar wrote: »
    Finding it very hard to put a draft together.

Salah/Sterling/3 big defenders/decent striker takes up a lot of wedge.

I'm also conscious of a GW2 captain (Salah in GW1, City player GW3-6) as Arsenal have the most (only?) decent fixture of the top 6 clubs. Haven't seen Auba or Laca in many squads, but could be captaincy material home to Burnley.

Auba burned a lot of people last season (despite being the top points scoring forward).

Wilberto wrote: »
    Auba burned a lot of people last season (despite being the top points scoring forward).

The thing about Auba, for the price, is how many times will you captain him.

IMO, if you spend 11m+ on a player, you've to be willing to captain him.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Any idea if Guendozi is a likely starter for Arsenal? Could be a real value at 4.5m if he kicks on from last yr

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kyle walker Peters has started the match vs Juventus today.

But so has Alderweireld, so that tells us nothing.

Son, Lamela and Alli in midfield and Irish teenager Troy Parrot upfront on his own! 17 years old and up against Buffon.

Mousset signs for Sheffield Utd for £10m.

I have to imagine he's moving to play games.

4.5 ----> 6.0 is a bit barren this year, so that could be a lovely 5.0 enabler if you don't trust Greenwood or Wickham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Any idea if Guendozi is a likely starter for Arsenal? Could be a real value at 4.5m if he kicks on from last yr

He'll probably start some games when rotation kicks in but the first choice pairing is likely to be Xhaka/Torreira. They're also rumoured to be signing Ceballos on from RM, he's a CM but we'll have to wait and see what formation Emery starts the season with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Really think I'm gonna end up squeezing Kane into the starting XI.
    Downgrading Laporte/Sterling/Siggy to Zincheko/DeBruyne/Perez gets me to upgrade Jota to Kane.

Had a look at Aguero last night too. Basically you've Aguero + 6.5m or Sterling +6.5 striker. It's amazing how close the 6.5 mids and 6.5 forwards ended up last year (a lot of these changed position)

6.5m Mids
    Pérez 141
    Redmond 137
    Townsend 135
    Doucouré 124
    Brooks 123

6.5m Defs
    King 141
    Jota 139
    Deulofeu 133
    Wood 131
    Murray 129

Perez seems the big winner, seeing as he now is a mid, in a higher scoring team.

Also reiterates the value in the 6.5m defender range - all of these beat any of the mids/fwds last year
    van Dijk 208
    Laporte 177
    David Luiz 164
    Alonso 161
    Azpilicueta 158
    Digne 158
    Walker 150
    Pereira 146
    Doherty 144

Some good stats, except a 6.5 def is the equivalent of a 7.0 mid or fwd (because of 4.0 def bench fodder as opposed to 4.5)

manual_man wrote: »
    Some good stats, except a 6.5 def is the equivalent of a 7.0 mid or fwd (because of 4.0 def bench fodder as opposed to 4.5)

Even subscribing to that theory there's still no 7m forwards getting on that list.

Also, I'll have a 4m Def fodder and a 4.5m Def/Mid fodder regardless which was I go.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

It looks like Mané is gonna be back earlier than expected.

Liverpool have confirmed Sadio Mané will return to the club on August 5, after the Community Shield final against Manchester City.

Klopp: "Sadio is in good shape. He is now on holiday, not the longest one. He will be back on August 5, after the Man City game. That means he had 2 weeks. There is 4 or 5 days to prepare for Norwich, 10 days for Chelsea [UEFA Super Cup]."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

From reddit, a playlist for fpl managers...

o9a93p1hpmb31.jpg

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Even subscribing to that theory there's still no 7m forwards getting on that list.

Also, I'll have a 4m Def fodder and a 4.5m Def/Mid fodder regardless which was I go.

But there is £6.5m forwards(and Perez/Tielemans in midfield) worth considering as opposed to 6m defenders. I'm not arguing against a strong defense, in fact i put forward the idea of a 5 man defense early on. I'd go so far as to say 2 of VVD/TAA/Robertson + Laporte is almost a must starting out. It's after that where you have genuine dilemmas between defenders and mids/forwards.

manual_man wrote: »
    But there is £6.5m forwards(and Perez/Tielemans in midfield) worth considering as opposed to 6m defenders. I'm not arguing against a strong defense, in fact i put forward the idea of a 5 man defense early on. I'd go so far as to say 2 of VVD/TAA/Robertson + Laporte is almost a must starting out. It's after that where you have genuine dilemmas between defenders and mids/forwards.

I think my problem last year was I had Richarlison, Maddison and Barkley (don't ask) all at the same price. Once one of them stops firing, if there's nobody else at that price, you need to make 2 changes to change. I can see a lot of people getting "stuck" at the 6.5m zone this year. If a Son or Vardy goes nuts it'll be a lot of changes to fit them in.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I think my problem last year was I had Richarlison, Maddison and Barkley (don't ask) all at the same price. Once one of them stops firing, if there's nobody else at that price, you need to make 2 changes to change. I can see a lot of people getting "stuck" at the 6.5m zone this year. If a Son or Vardy goes nuts it'll be a lot of changes to fit them in.

Well I guess that's where having Salah and Sterling means you have to have some cheaper attackers(assuming you have a few premium defenders). 2 transfers isn't the biggest deal though. You just don't want to be doing it all the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Abraham and Batshauyi come in at 7m...

Advertisement