Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Abraham and Batshauyi come in at 7m...

Thank feck they finally added them. Fairly ridiculous they weren’t added until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Zouma 5ml

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Mount 6m

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Any sign of Dean Henderson?

He’s still with Man United so if that rumoured move to Sheffield United goes through he’ll be added and probably at 4.5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

It's sort of ridiculous they are waiting for that before pricing him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Waiting for him myself hoping for a magical 4.0 starter. Already three keepers in the game for United I doubt he'll be added until he moves or appears on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,651 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Palace's team last Friday, lost 1-0 to Forest. On paper, seems to be close to their starting 11, besides keeper possibly. 4m Kelly plays as well as 6m Benteke.

Hennessey, Van Aanholt, Dann, Kelly, Ward, Meyer, Milivojevic, McArthur, Townsend, Schlupp, Benteke.

Newcastle have signed highly-rated Brazilian striker Joelinton. He could be a good pick-up later in the season when I expect Bruce to have either been sacked or resigned.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    Zouma 5ml

Will be watching him very closely. Could be a short term bargain until Rüdiger is back fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,712 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Abraham and Batshauyi come in at 7m...
    Hmmm probably priced right but I was hoping for a 6 or 6.5 for Abraham. I guess neither are really an option until one becomes nailed on which could take a while as Lamps will probably want to allow both a chance to stake their claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Thought this was an excellent read.

I just pictured Sheldon from the big bang theory rolling a dice to make basic decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Cant help feel that this big at the back is a bit of a trap this early in the season.

Very very hard to jump off to a premium forward/mid

Very interesting
    http://twitter.com/roneildinho/status/1153574966803218433

Klopporama has always said this
    Doesn’t want a strong bench as it’s only a headache
    It’s food for thought no doubt
    I’ll be going with one starting keeper anyway
    It’s juts a question of whether it’s a 4.5 or 5.5
    Not sure I can afford the extra million

I don't consider having a couple of decent playing options on the bench a headache. I enjoy picking my starting team each week, although perhaps I am alone in that. I take comfort in knowing that I have a decent 4.5 defender who can do a job. I generally go with 3 at the back so he can either come in for a defender or go to 4 at the back depending on fixtures, injuries, suspensions, etc. The 0.5 is worth it for the flexibility imo.

I also don't get the set and forget keeper. 2 x 4.5 = 9 with the benefit of (most) being able to avoid the big teams. Set and forget means you spend more on keepers or you go with a 5 starting keeper, none of whom I'd want to be relying on 100%. You are also only an injury away from having to use a transfer just to be able to field a playing keeper. There is always great value to be had in the 4.5 keepers, it's just hard to know who they are at the start of the season.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I don't consider having a couple of decent playing options on the bench a headache. I enjoy picking my starting team each week, although perhaps I am alone in that. I take comfort in knowing that I have a decent 4.5 defender who can do a job. I generally go with 3 at the back so he can either come in for a defender or go to 4 at the back depending on fixtures, injuries, suspensions, etc. The 0.5 is worth it for the flexibility imo.

I also don't get the set and forget keeper. 2 x 4.5 = 9 with the benefit of (most) being able to avoid the big teams. Set and forget means you spend more on keepers or you go with a 5 starting keeper, none of whom I'd want to be relying on 100%. You are also only an injury away from having to use a transfer just to be able to field a playing keeper. There is always great value to be had in the 4.5 keepers, it's just hard to know who they are at the start of the season.

I don't think he's saying don't have a decent bench. By all means have a 4.5m defender who came come in in case of injury/suspension just not someone you'd play by choice each week.

The problem with rotating gks is that the seemingly good fixture doesn't always turn out that way. You play the one with the good fixture, he gets two points. The one you bench goes to Old Trafford, keeps an unlikely clean sheet, gets a load of save points and ends up with a 12 pointer. That's the worse case scenario but it's happened me before and has caused frustration and that may have impacted my decisions after that. Went with a set and forget last season and I was much happier with it.

I don't think he's saying don't have a decent bench. By all means have a 4.5m defender who came come in in case of injury/suspension just not someone you'd play by choice each week.

The problem with rotating gks is that the seemingly good fixture doesn't always turn out that way. You play the one with the good fixture, he gets two points. The one you bench goes to Old Trafford, keeps an unlikely clean sheet, gets a load of save points and ends up with a 12 pointer. That's the worse case scenario but it's happened me before and has caused frustration and that may have impacted my decisions after that. Went with a set and forget last season and I was much happier with it.
    Yes
    Tom Heaton I think it was
    Sickener
    I’m going Ryan and button as it stands

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I’m going Ryan and button as it stands

I'll end up with those 2 I reckon.
    But first I'll have 15(hopefully) starters for gw2/3 and bb.

I usually wc over international break and that's when I'll have Ryan/Button.

Maybe I am misinterpreting this. I took "no 4.5 rotating DEFs" to mean have a set back 4/3 and 1/2 4.0 on the bench. Why spend the extra 0.5 on a defender if you have no intention of using them?
    Things don't always work out the way you planned, that's part and parcel of the game. Personally, I'd rather take that chance rather than spend the same or more budget on a set and forget keeper who will no doubt cause similar disappointment at some stage and be an injury away from fielding 10 players.

• Advertisement

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Maybe I am misinterpreting this. I took "no 4.5 rotating DEFs" to mean have a set back 4/3 and 1/2 4.0 on the bench. Why spend the extra 0.5 on a defender if you have no intention of using them?

Things don't always work out the way you planned, that's part and parcel of the game. Personally, I'd rather take that chance rather than spend the same or more budget on a set and forget keeper who will no doubt cause similar disappointment at some stage and be an injury away from fielding 10 players.

http://twitter.com/FFScout/status/1154003890473439234

That’s a strong city line up
    Angelina left back
    Kdb deep
    Sterling up top
    Km79s Head melted

Yes I know you can go set and forget with both keepers being from the same club. I wouldn't want to be exclusively relying on any of those clubs for keeper points though.

http://twitter.com/FFScout/status/1154003890473439234

That’s a strong city line up
    Angelina left back
    Kdb deep
    Sterling up top
    Km79s Head melted

Angelino has been very poor during preseason so I feel it's Zinchenko's spot to lose while Mendy is out injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

KDB playing deep is a concern

Abraham getting the no. 9 shirt...might indicate that he'll be the main man at the start anyway

AWB at 34% ownership bloody hell. Half thinking of getting him just to cover potential United clean sheets.

Fee agreed between PSG and Everton for Gueye...

https://twitter.com/Reuser5/status/1154044020047269889?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Fee agreed between PSG and Everton for Gueye...

https://twitter.com/Reuser5/status/1154044020047269889?s=19

Their defenders suddenly look a bit on the pricey side now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is it possible to have salah Kane sterling and still have a decent team around them ?

Advertisement