Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

SlickRic wrote: »
    FPL success relies on predictability. Bournemouth defence is the antithesis to that. They could keep a clean sheet against Chelsea, yet leak 4 against a relegation candidate.

To get the benefit you need to get lucky with your timing, or keep for the season (not chop and change).

I'd trust Burnley to get a CS against fodder at home before Bournemouth if they'd a decent run of fixtures.

Bournemouths clean sheets last season were mostly against fodder

Home
    Spurs, Chelsea, West Ham, Southampton, Brighton

Away
    Brighton, Huddersfield, Fulham, Watford, Cardiff

Away

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Getting back to Chelsea, does anyone know how long Rüdiger will be out? Christensen could be great value if he is out for a while. Would be nice if Lamps went for Emerson as first choice lb instead of Alonso.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Maxi Gomez a done deal by the looks of things, would be a 8m striker I reckon

He has signed for Valencia
    So that leaves Chicharito (also looking for a move away ) and 4:5 ml xande Silva . We could have a few 4.5 ml strikers getting decent game time now
    Which is ideal .........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

km79 wrote: »
    He has signed for Valencia
    So that leaves Chicharito (also looking for a move away ) and 4:5 ml xande Silva . We could have a few 4.5 ml strikers getting decent game time now
    Which is ideal .........

They just have Chicha the number 9 shirt. Doesn't guarantee anything but cant see him leaving.

Antonio could be interesting though.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    They just have Chicha the number 9 shirt. Doesn't guarantee anything but cant see him leaving.

Hhhmmm
    Chicharito at 6ml would be ideal
    I might even consider getting a 5.5 mid and rotating him with them yet

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Chico could be the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

As the local WH fan, there's not a hope Carroll, Arnie and Perez all leave without a replacement. Starting a season with a 31-year old Chicharito and a lad thats never played a premier league game.

As an aside, Yarmolenko who looked decent last season before being injured moved to squad number 7 this year and is priced at 6m

https://foreverwestham.com/2019/07/b...al-for-haller/

"Just a day after Sky Sports reported that the Hammers’ deal for Celta Vigo striker Maxi Gomez is off, it appears that the Irons may have found a replacement option to take the place of the Uruguay international. The West Ham fans, though, will be thinking that they may end up with a superior frontman here. Haller scored more goals than Gomez last term and was involved in more assists, all while playing alongside Jovic. £36million is a lot of money, but it’s roughly the same as what they were prepared to pay for Gomez. It’s clear that after the departures of Arnautovic, Andy Carroll and Lucas Perez, that Manuel Pellegrini needs to sign at least one new attacker. Haller, it would appear, is his man. Schira seems to think the deal is done and that a five year contract has been agreed."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Delph rumored to be going to Everton (for 8.5m which is incredibly good value non-FPL wise). I think that'd be a great deal for Everton. It might help their defence, whether he plays in midfield or in the backs FPL-wise, he's a 5.5m defender, so probably not great value, but could end up being an OOP asset.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Delph rumored to be going to Everton (for 8.5m which is incredibly good value non-FPL wise). I think that'd be a great deal for Everton. It might help their defence, whether he plays in midfield or in the backs FPL-wise, he's a 5.5m defender, so probably not great value, but could end up being an OOP asset.
    He would be CM I’d guess
    Could be a good option
    But
    It’s a shame he is going to a team with 2 other very good fantasy defensive assist in Digne and coleman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

He would be CM I’d guess
    Could be a good option
    But
    It’s a shame he is going to a team with 2 other very good fantasy defensive assist in Digne and coleman

That's a good point actually. You will 100% want either of those two ahead of Delph.

• Advertisement

sheroman01 wrote: »
    That's a good point actually. You will 100% want either of those two ahead of Delph.

Yeah it’s a shame Cos he will probably chip in with the odd assist or 2 with the added bonus of clean sheets
    He would have been a defender who could have been treated as a 4th/5th mid in fantasy terms

Giroud off the bench and scored
    Set up by Kennedy

What would people think about Lucas Moura for a start of season punt? Son is suspended so he should start and he is capable of a big haul (although difficult to predict when with him). Spurs have both Norwick and Newcastle at home in the first three GWs would could be goalfests. City away also which is an awful fixture but I'd be hoping for points from the other two games but Moura does seem to have a nack for scoring in big games. The plan would be to get rid for GW4, Pulisic as easy straight swap depending on how Chelsea are doing and where he is playing, and they have a nice run of fixtures from then. Siggy/Richi another option as they have good fixtures too.

Harry maguire to United looks done
    Could be interesting
    Wonder who Leicester will sign
    If they don’t replace him I won’t go near chilwell

Could be interesting

Think there was talk of Dunk going to Leicester.

Could be interesting
    Apparently they are trying to get Dunk and he wants to go, which would make him an interesting 4.5 option.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Apparently they are trying to get Dunk and he wants to go, which would make him an interesting 4.5 option.

I’d be all over that for start of season

Pete_Cavan wrote: »

Looks like it is happening
    FORTY FIVE million

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭McBain11

FORTY FIVE million

I have to say, that is better than any comedy I've ever witnessed :-)

Dani alves looks like moving to city on a Ft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭patmac

FORTY FIVE million

4-5 million surely, Shane Duffy must be worth 60 million so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

patmac wrote: »
    4-5 million surely, Shane Duffy must be worth 60 million so.

If he was English then yes, maybe. :pac: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Senegal and Algeria into the AFCON final

FPL point of view, Mane and Mahrez look set to defo miss the start of the season, when would they be expected back and starting, end of Aug?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

FPL point of view, Mane and Mahrez look set to defo miss the start of the season, when would they be expected back and starting, end of Aug?

Does that make origi a really nice 5.5 option for the first few weeks? Tricky to fit him in tho as most will have double defence and salah

• Registered Users Posts: 32,909 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Does that make origi a really nice 5.5 option for the first few weeks? Tricky to fit him in tho as most will have double defence and salah
    Unfortunately these guys almost always end up coming back quicker than you’d expect. Mane will finish up on Friday (3 weeks before the start of the season). He will take a holiday for sure, and I’d bet on him missing week 1. But week 2, I’m not so sure. My money is on him being back in action 4 weeks after the AFCON ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

CSF wrote: »
    Unfortunately these guys almost always end up coming back quicker than you’d expect. Mane will finish up on Friday (3 weeks before the start of the season). He will take a holiday for sure, and I’d bet on him missing week 1. But week 2, I’m not so sure. My money is on him being back in action 4 weeks after the AFCON ends.
    Yeah he doesn't strike me as the kind of lad that's gonna go on a booze and pizza binge and need a month to run it off

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

CSF wrote: »

Wouldn't fall off my seat to see him start GW1 either but probably unlikely and I certainly wouldn't risk it unless he featured in the Charity Shield.

They hired a private jet home from the last AFCON and he played a couple of days later iirc. Different circumstances this time around but a week or two rest may be enough for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

PARlance wrote: »
    Wouldn't fall off my seat to see him start GW1 either but probably unlikely and I certainly wouldn't risk it unless he featured in the Charity Shield.

They hired a private jet home from the last AFCON and he played a couple of days later iirc. Different circumstances this time around but a week or two rest may be enough for him.

Won’t he get a 3 week break a la Alisson and Firmino? If so he’ll be due back the day before Liverpool play Norwich.

He’ll then need a bit of time to get back to full fitness. I don’t think he’ll be a good pick for the first 3 gameweeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah he doesn't strike me as the kind of lad that's gonna go on a booze and pizza binge and need a month to run it off

Allah wouldn’t be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,086 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If Delph is a starter in midfield for Everton, he could be a watcher as a 5.5 defender.

Advertisement