Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    That goes both ways. You [and others in the peanut gallery] don't get to post snarky and condescending remarks and cry when I give it back.

The peanut gallery?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

That goes both ways. You [and others in the peanut gallery] don't get to post snarky and condescending remarks and cry when I give it back.

You’re quite keen on posting erroneous claims though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Brian? wrote: »
    Yeah, that’s a flat out lie. Al Gore never said any such thing.
    But in the years 2007, 2008, and 2009, Al Gore made statements about the possibility of a complete lack of summer sea ice in the Arctic by as early as 2013. Helped sell his movie... Anything to make a buck, I figure.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

That’s your response? An anti-abortion website and some unrelated whinging about NPR being biased with regard to Al Franken?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

notobtuse wrote: »
    But in the years 2007, 2008, and 2009, Al Gore made statements about the possibility of a complete lack of summer sea ice in the Arctic by as early as 2013. Helped sell his movie... Anything to make a buck, I figure.

He made alot of ridiculous claims that never came to pass. The polar ice caps would completely melt while there's more now. Polar bears would be extinct but their numbers have increased.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,026 ✭✭✭Odhinn

That's not the full quote.

"The ministers work is also important and he should be trained, perhaps by the Federation as to our ideals and the goal that we hope to reach. We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members."
    https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Margaret_Sanger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Odhinn wrote: »
    That's not the full quote.

"The ministers work is also important and he should be trained, perhaps by the Federation as to our ideals and the goal that we hope to reach. We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members."
    https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Margaret_Sanger

A wiki quote? Where anybody can log in and change anything. And you guys cry that I post questionable sources.

A wiki quote? Where anybody can log in and change anything. And you guys cry that I post qmuestionable sources.

DdHwq3OVQAI9Ck2.jpg

20Cent wrote:
    Will never understand why right wingers want to police peoples genders. All talk about freedom etc but for basic freedoms they are often against them.

Don't be ridiculous. It's not about policing. I couldn't care less about some lunatic declaring themselves pangender or whatnot. The only issue I have is when it is expected that I recognise their delusion and am expected to accept it as fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,419 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

This is pointless. Call whoever you want a fascist, see where that gets us.

Calling people fascists or Nazis is de rigueur now a days.

Made a mockery of the terms.

There was a massive shortage of fascists and Nazis in the Western World but a massive demand for them, so they could be opposed.

The terms had to be broadened so the young lords and ladies of the modern Left could engage in righteous and meaningful struggle against evil, create am identity for themselves based on that righteous battle.

One of the most prominent Nazi groups in America has a membership under a thousand people.

The Klan has a membership of 5k.

This is out of a country of 300 million.

Is it any wonder activists have to pretend that fascists are everywhere, the reality is a let down

Their "why" needed to be satiated, hence fascists are everywhere, America is becoming a dictatorship, white supremacy is at the heart if every western culture ,intersectionality and all the other bat **** crazy rubbish that is now so prominent in the modern Left.

The Left became of the well to do and different motivators applied and needed to be found.

Don't be ridiculous. It's not about policing. I couldn't care less about some lunatic declaring themselves pangender or whatnot. The only issue I have is when it is expected that I recognise their delusion and am expected to accept it as fact.

The science is quite clear that gender identity doesn’t conform to your outlook. That certainly opens up the possibility that you’re not looking at ‘lunacy’ or ‘delusion’, but rather an actual non-binary fact.

20Cent wrote: »
    James Bond is rumoured to be played by a black woman the right wingers are losing their minds
    Which right wingers? We need names, not bullsh**. Or is it just another left winger manufactured outrage? The right wingers I know couldn't care less?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

A wiki quote? Where anybody can log in and change anything. And you guys cry that I post questionable sources.
    https://time.com/4081760/margaret-sanger-history-eugenics/

What do trans people have to do with a thread about a militant authoritarian group from middle and upper class America?

Which right wingers? We need names, not bullsh**. Or is it just another left winger manufactured outrage? The right wingers I know couldn't care less?

Take your pick, but here’s one charmer:
    https://twitter.com/joeysalads/status/1150619583365210113?s=21

alastair wrote:
    The science is quite clear that gender identity doesn’t conform to your outlook. That certainly opens up the possibility that you’re not looking at ‘lunacy’ or ‘delusion’, but rather an actual non-binary fact.

No. No it's not.

Danzy wrote: »
    What do trans people have to do with a thread about a militant authoritarian group from middle and upper class America?

...because lefty agenda wharble gargle splutter choke.

No. No it's not.

I’ve posted more than one scientific article confirming that it is. Feel free to refute with some different scientific evidence, or don’t, but save the tantrums.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 136 ✭✭FartyBlartFast

There are plenty of conservative posters in the politics forum who lost freely within the rules. This is hilarious.

People get warned for dumping links to storm front, or videos by white nationalist talking heads and they run off crying.
    Lost freely within the rules? How many conservatives have been banned for “stating opinion as fact?” They drop like flies. If you read the Politics forum I’d say 80%-90% of ALL the posts there are opinion. But do liberals ever get banned for stating opinion as fact? Show me one! If equal justice under the rules was applied the Politics forum would probably be shut down after the opinion purge due to inactivity.
    There are plenty of conservative posters in the politics forum who lost freely within the rules. This is hilarious.

People get warned for dumping links to storm front, or videos by white nationalist talking heads and they run off crying.
    Lost freely within the rules? How many conservatives have been banned for “stating opinion as fact?” They drop like flies. If you read the Politics forum I’d say 80%-90% of ALL the posts there are opinion. But do liberals ever get banned for stating opinion as fact? Show me one! If equal justice under the rules was applied the Politics forum would probably be shut down after the opinion purge due to inactivity.
    A 'liberal' poster got banned off the trump thread I think it was, only in the last 24 hours.

• Advertisement

Odhinn wrote: »
    ...because lefty agenda wharble gargle splutter choke.

It's completely off topic, not a small bit, but humongous.

We might as well talk about the turmoil years of the 70s for Canadian social democrats.

An interesting topic, strangely enough.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 136 ✭✭FartyBlartFast

Danzy wrote: »
    This is pointless. Call whoever you want a fascist, see where that gets us.

Calling people fascists or Nazis is de rigueur now a days.

Made a mockery of the terms.

There was a massive shortage of fascists and Nazis in the Western World but a massive demand for them, so they could be opposed.

The terms had to be broadened so the young lords and ladies of the modern Left could engage in righteous and meaningful struggle against evil, create am identity for themselves based on that righteous battle.

One of the most prominent Nazi groups in America has a membership under a thousand people.

The Klan has a membership of 5k.

This is out of a country of 300 million.
    I may be wrong in this, but believed I have read that far right white supremacists account for more terrorist attacks in the US than any other group.

I asked you once before but don't believe I received an answer, what do you classify as 'fascism'? As in how would you describe its central tenets and common themes?

A 'liberal' poster got banned off the trump thread I think it was, only in the last 24 hours.
    Really? A liberal poster got banned in politics? I think this momentous occasion deserves a ticker tape parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Proof that the right wingers hate women. https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-48871400 . Don't recall any similar hate from the left towards women.
    Female politicians across Europe have been targeted with threatening and misogynist content.

On both mainstream and fringe social media platforms, analysis of selected profiles found women in politics faced frequent comments targeting their gender, race and physical appearance.

According to Newsnight's investigation, which used comparative studies of politicians in the UK and Europe, the abuse aimed at female MPs exceeds that directed at their male counterparts, and differed in its focus and content.

The investigation revealed evidence that female figures receive proportionately more abuse than their male counterparts - and that a significant proportion of it takes the form of misogynistic and violent anti-female vitriol.

alastair wrote: »
    A YouTuber is your example? There’s no shortage of goofs in this world, running for office and otherwise, and not representative of mainstream groups. And by the way, Joey Salad, who has zero chance of winning in Staten Island is merely a youtube star famous for pranks… no conservative. Give me some real conservatives… or I guess I can make John Wayne Gacy the face of liberals here.

klaaaz wrote:
    Proof that the right wingers hate women.

Not proof of anything.
    klaaaz wrote:
    . Don't recall any similar hate from the left towards women.

Oh no? Ann Coulter? Kelly Anne Conway? Lauren Southern? Sarah huckerby Sanders?

Don't be ridiculous.

I may be wrong in this, but believed I have read that far right white supremacists account for more terrorist attacks in the US than any other group.

I asked you once before but don't believe I received an answer, what do you classify as 'fascism'? As in how would you describe its central tenets and common themes?

I think Eco's definition is a good one.

Certainly seems like the fascists in America are quicker to pull the trigger than others.

That still does not change that they are incredibly small in no.

A fraction of their worst day, thirty years ago.

A political rounding error small, rarer than the panda small.

klaaaz wrote:
    Proof that the right wingers hate women.

It's also hilarious that you are using "comments about their appearance" as proof that they hate women.

I wonder do all lefties hate men because they body shame Donald trump? Or is that ok because he's a man?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Not proof of anything.

Oh no? Ann Coulter? Kelly Anne Conway? Lauren Southern? Sarah huckerby Sanders?

Don't be ridiculous.
    It's also hilarious that you are using "comments about their appearance" as proof that they hate women.

I wonder do all lefties hate men because they body shame Donald trump? Or is that ok because he's a man?

You didn't read the excellent professional report compiled by an internationally renowned reputable organisation. The right attack women on their personal attributes, the left attack the politics of the brainwashed.

• Advertisement

A YouTuber is your example? There’s no shortage of goofs in this world, running for office and otherwise, and not representative of mainstream groups. And by the way, Joey Salad, who has zero chance of winning in Staten Island is merely a youtube star famous for pranks… no conservative. Give me some real conservatives… or I guess I can make John Wayne Gacy the face of liberals here.

He’s a Republican candidate - seems pretty mainstream - and like I say - take your pick - he’s one of many.

Here’s a local reactionary mouthpiece:
    https://twitter.com/dvatw/status/1150343517505490945?s=21

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement