Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I agree with a large part of your post.

To
    Very good post

What changed? I thought we were finding common ground.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Kimsang wrote: »
    Its hilarious the contrast in discourse between a liberal arguing vs a group of conservatives in say, CA forum, as opposed to the level of discourse of a conservative person arguing with a group of liberals in lets say the politics forum.

Here is a genuine debate with facts, reason; in politics its just accusations flying around and inflammatory posts because feelings are hurt.

That’s because posters are held to a higher standard in the politics forum. Here it’s loser and people are free to make all sorts of nonsense claims with little or no consequences.

Like claiming Antifa controller the police.

they/them/theirs

notobtuse wrote: »
    I agree. Might be because a conservative's lifespan is about one-two months in Politics anymore before actions by liberals are taken against conservatives in order to silence their viewpoints.

There are plenty of conservative posters in the politics forum who lost freely within the rules. This is hilarious.

People get warned for dumping links to storm front, or videos by white nationalist talking heads and they run off crying.

they/them/theirs

Brian? wrote:
    I don't think anyone is justified in attacking anyone physically, ever. I'm a bit strange that way though.

I agree.
    Brian? wrote:
    Violence is wrong.

I agree.
    Brian? wrote:
    I don't defend Antifa's methods in any way shape or form. What I strongly object to is people labeling them as fascists, because they dress in black and use violence to support their political aims. I also strongly object to the idea that they get support from law enforcement that right wing groups don't get.

I am also in agreement that nobody can possibly defend the actions of antifa. I disagree about the other part and the other poster explained why

Brian? wrote:
    Antifa have been made into a bogeyman by the right, even soft right. When realistically their ethos is to oppose the rise of far right movements. I feel that the right should stronger in their condemnation of the far right.

Again, I agree with the first part. Antifa have been make bogeymen but I disagree that their ethos is just to oppose the far right. And as the other poster explained well, the right almost always condemn the actions of the KKK and white supremacists.

Brian? wrote:
    I believe the left should be stronger in their condemnation of the political violence Antifa perpetrate. Their core value of opposing fascism is not worthy of condemnation though, it should be done peacefully though.

I wholeheartedly agree. The definition of fascism is key here though.

Brian? wrote:
    I don't accept that the responsibility for the violence is entirely the fault of Antifa or entirely the fault of far right groups. To twist a phrase, there are bad people on both sides, on both sides.

I agree and it's nice to see you quote trump in a positive way.
    Brian? wrote:
    However I find the ideas of most far right groups abhorrent, regressive and worthy of opposition. But then I find that also to be true of most centerist and right groups as well, so I am probably not a good barometer.

I am glad that you can admit your bias and say you aren't a good barometer. It's refreshing.

Brian? wrote:
    As for what groups are "far-right". Apart from the obvious Neo-Nazis, the KKK etc. . I would also add groups who are right wing identarians. White nationalist groups, chauvanist groups etc. .

I dunno about the chauvinist groups but I agree with the others.

This is why I can say that I agree with you on a lot of things but also say that a post that disagreed with you was also good because he made good points on the parts I disagree with you on.

I don't have to align 100% with any group to acknowledge similarities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Brian? wrote: »
    That’s because posters are held to a higher standard in the politics forum.

Is this the higher standard you speak of?

When I say that game theory is involved in geopolitics you reply with;
    Geopolitics isn’t a game. End.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=110546354

When I ask you about Roger Scruton you reply;
    That’s not dog whistling. That’s an openly racist thing to say.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=110537276

More amazing high quality posting:
    Maybe stop there then.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110635192&postcount=1019
    So a five second google solves this debate:
    https://www.powerengineeringint.com/...ombergnef.html
    The only ludicrous thing is that you didn’t google it.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110635144&postcount=1017
    Let's not get silly please- mod note.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110610464&postcount=418

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Racist, addicted to speed, foulmouthed and sexist.
    No wonder bikers like him.

DjznVG2UcAAYCM6.jpg

That’s exactly what I’m talking about. Thanks for helping.

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

20Cent wrote: »
    Racist, addicted to speed, foulmouthed and sexist.
    No wonder bikers like him.

DjznVG2UcAAYCM6.jpg

You really just show yourself up when you bring racist, hate for Trump etc etc with a picture like that but I suppose that all you see on CNN to reiterate to us.

That’s exactly what I’m talking about. Thanks for helping.

All of these examples serve to prove your complete inability to research a topic.

I agree.

I agree.

I am also in agreement that nobody can possibly defend the actions of antifa. I disagree about the other part and the other poster explained why

Again, I agree with the first part. Antifa have been make bogeymen but I disagree that their ethos is just to oppose the far right. And as the other poster explained well, the right almost always condemn the actions of the KKK and white supremacists.

I wholeheartedly agree. The definition of fascism is key here though.

I agree and it's nice to see you quote trump in a positive way.

I am glad that you can admit your bias and say you aren't a good barometer. It's refreshing.

I dunno about the chauvinist groups but I agree with the others.

This is why I can say that I agree with you on a lot of things but also say that a post that disagreed with you was also good because he made good points on the parts I disagree with you on.

I don't have to align 100% with any group to acknowledge similarities.

I’m honestly confused. The other poster disagreed with 90% of my post. But hey, I’m not the sensitive type. I just want to have an honest debate.

Chauvinist groups: aren’t the Proud Boys a chauvinist group. I’m open to correction.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

All of these examples serve to prove your complete inability to research a topic.

Actually they don’t. They show I debate with actual thought out viewpoints I came to myself. Instead of mindlessly parroting bloggers etc. .

they/them/theirs

Actually they don’t. They show I debate with actual thought out viewpoints I came to myself. Instead of mindlessly parroting bloggers etc. .
    "each Chinese person is a kind of replica of the next one and that is a very frightening thing"
    You've already said this is an openly racist thing to say.. you've lost all credibility in my eyes... especially after disregarding facts given to you.
    The conservative philosopher has a point about his quotes being taken out of context....shows Scruton making a point about the conformity demanded by the authoritarian Chinese government, rather than denigrating Chinese people. This should have been made clearer-The Guardian
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/apr/26/roger-scruton-not-victim-leftwing-witch-hunt

You've already said this is an openly racist thing to say.. you've lost all credibility in my eyes... especially after disregarding facts given to you.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/apr/26/roger-scruton-not-victim-leftwing-witch-hunt

What facts. It’s just more chatter. Why some you tell me in your own words instead of constantly posting links?

I’m not sure how I’ll sleep tonight after my loss of credibility.

they/them/theirs

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    You really just show yourself up when you bring racist, hate for Trump etc etc with a picture like that but I suppose that all you see on CNN to reiterate to us.

A "biker for trump" with an ss tattoo. What more needs to be said.

Why do you think they like him?

They have also threatened to ride on Washington and "protect" him if trump gets impeached not exactly fans of democracy.

The guy has an a Wafen SS tattoo. Do you see it?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Or because they don’t fit their definition of fascist?

Little Asian guy with a camera gets attacked for being a Fascist, Big biker dude who might hit back with an SS tattoo is left alone because he doesn't fit their definition of Fascism. Do you see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

He and ANTIFA will join together in fighting a group of Poles and then turn on each other, too alike to be colleagues.

Part deux.

Little Asian guy with a camera gets attacked for being a Fascist, Big biker dude who might hit back with an SS tattoo is left alone because he doesn't fit their definition of Fascism. Do you see it?

Or maybe the biker dude wasn't at Portland.
    Seems like a nazi to me if he gets an ss tattoo.

You don't think location has anything to do with it?

they/them/theirs

Breaking: Antifa obey the laws of physics.

• Advertisement

Nope, I think they are just bullies targeting weaker opponents. Otherwise they would be fighting the bikers but they're not.

Nope, I think they are just bullies targeting weaker opponents. Otherwise they would be fighting the bikers but they're not.

They have always said they are counter protesting far right events. It's their critics who say they randomly attack anyone who "thinks differently".

What the hell is the point of all this nonsense exactly?

No one is defending their methods.

they/them/theirs

What the hell is the point of all this nonsense exactly?

No one is defending their methods.

You're defending their nonsense, just look at the post you thanked before you wrote this post. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

You're defending their nonsense, just look at the post you thanked before you wrote this post. :confused:

Yeah I was quite puzzled when I read his post too.

Show me once where I have defended the methods of Antifa.

they/them/theirs

Yeah I was quite puzzled when I read his post too.

You're easily confused so.

I wrote a very detailed post about what I think of Antifa earlier.

I object to people lying about them though.

they/them/theirs

Show me once where I have defended the methods of Antifa.

Do you condemn Antifa?

Do you condemn Antifa?

I condemn their use of violence. I’ve done so more than once now.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

I condemn their use of violence. I’ve done so more than once now.

I haven't seen them use anything else but violence.

Here look, I know it must be hard for some people to condemn the name Anti-Fascist. They might have started out with good intentions but if you're the ones using violence as intimidation to try and silence any one with a different political view. You've become the fascist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement