Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hay

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,069 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

alps wrote: »
    I'm following you on this one...called it right...

Have 3 acres to do for the pets...has to be right...let me know when we should drop it...

Monday 4pm. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Met eireann local forecast giving it ok for here but the accuweather and yr are looking dodge enough. To wrap or not to wrap that is the question.

Willfarman wrote: »
    Met eireann local forecast giving it ok for here but the accuweather and yr are looking dodge enough. To wrap or not to wrap that is the question.

Arpege still giving rain here tomorrow morning and then more rain Sunday evening.
    British met have it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Still on the ground here. Not fully fit. No poing making bales of dung! I was half way through raking a field and I just left it. Will get it early next week. Last year spoiled us.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,477 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Spitting rain here in east Cavan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭kk.man

I know if ya can't trust met eireann with a 24hr forecast!

I'm sticking with you 'say my name' aswell. Keep us informed.

kk.man wrote: »
    I know if ya can't trust met eireann with a 24hr forecast!

I'm sticking with you 'say my name' aswell. Keep us informed.

I'm going to set a gofund me page for forecasts!!

Mist or Bangers that'll be the take home message now from cold fronts.
    And no real forecast predicts mist!

But it's still looking lively for wex/wicklow tomorrow morning for thunderstorms according to the met office.

The goody two shoes by the book glas farmers should be on gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭Sami23

Wonder did many go early ?

I'm all set for Monday myself here hopefully get a bit of Hay as well as the silage

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Good few customers sorted today

• Registered Users Posts: 16 johnno900

Did yez get it baled today? I got 10 acres baled but had to leave 8 acres unbaled as mist arrived at half 5. Fingers crossed for not too much rain in morning and a fine afternoon!! How come mist is not forecast and you can't see ithe on rainfall radar😠

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭somofagun

Have 6 acres sittin to go in the morning. Dull here but it giving it to brightin tomorrow afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 16 johnno900

somofagun wrote: »
    Have 6 acres sittin to go in the morning. Dull here but it giving it to brightin tomorrow afternoon

Darn...Just watched the weather on tv and Jean's giving a good drop over Wexford for the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭alps

I'm going to set a gofund me page for forecasts!!

Mist or Bangers that'll be the take home message now from cold fronts.
    And no real forecast predicts mist!

But it's still looking lively for wex/wicklow tomorrow morning for thunderstorms according to the met office.

If you could slip into Jean Byrne's dress, I reckon you'd get the tv gig...

alps wrote: »
    If you could slip into Jean Byrne's dress, I reckon you'd get the tv gig...

If you had of said Siobhan's, i might agree.

johnno900 wrote: »
    Did yez get it baled today? I got 10 acres baled but had to leave 8 acres unbaled as mist arrived at half 5. Fingers crossed for not too much rain in morning and a fine afternoon!! How come mist is not forecast and you can't see ithe on rainfall radar😠

Hay fit after 4 days. Alot done today and more tomorrow. Very warm calm evening here and no rain on met till next sat

Well did you wrap?

Screenshot-2019-06-29-05-52-42.png

Can hear thunder and only a few drops so far

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Big dirty thundershowers just got here now. Deck it anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Big dirty thundershowers just got here now. Deck it anyways!

Just having one here too. What a let down. What’s the best thing to do if it gets wet?

Raining away here in east Cavan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭squinn2912

If it gets a good wetting does that destroy hay? We’re you better let it dry and wrap it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Thunder lightning and heavy rain with hail in south Tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

squinn2912 wrote:
    If it gets a good wetting does that destroy hay? We’re you better let it dry and wrap it?

Really good drying weather after I wouldn't worry about it. Different if we were heading for poor weather then just wrap it and it will be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Well did you wrap?

Screenshot-2019-06-29-05-52-42.png

No so far so good. The rain stayed west of us so far here thank God.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Just having one here too. What a let down. What’s the best thing to do if it gets wet?
    Dont panic twill pick up after Sunday leave it alone
    you will still make hay of it in the first of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

squinn2912 wrote: »

Once off no it is continuous rain that is the issue. Another trick making hay is leave it in the rows for 3 days. It will save away. If it rains on the rows the grass will not get damaged.as the rain will run off. Turn it out out then on really sunny weather I have got away with turning it out rowing it and baling using this methid

Slava Ukrainii

st1979 wrote: »
    Really good drying weather after I wouldn't worry about it. Different if we were heading for poor weather then just wrap it and it will be grand

That's it. No one panic yet

It's only one shower. Is next week really going to be shy weather tho. Seeing overcast days on forecast but not much sun

• Registered Users Posts: 29,095 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

What are round bales of hay selling for at the moment?

Reggie. wrote: »
    That's it. No one panic yet

It's only one shower. Is next week really going to be shy weather tho. Seeing overcast days on forecast but not much sun

I just looked at the 14 day forecast and it has 9 days with rain including today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Dunedin

whelan2 wrote: »
    What are round bales of hay selling for at the moment?

€11 I think. Well, I’ve to buy a few off a fella so I might even go €12 just to be fair!!!!

Advertisement