Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hay

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭tanko

Any hay that was saved before the middle of June should be good stuff if some effort was put into doing it properly but there was plenty of “hay” saved after that which wasn’t fit for baling and wouldn’t be great stuff at all imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭minerleague

Hay baled here yesterday, ground took a battering ( equipment seems to be getting bigger every year) Where ground was dry quality seems ok but back swarths and wet ground poor enough.
    Crops were light when weather was good so not huge amounts of good hay made this year
    I make 100 - 150 square bales most years and I'd agree with poster there's a lot of work in them in bigger numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Should have gone to his local farm supply store and given €7/8 for a little wrapped pack of haylage if he didn't want to part with €5 for a bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 tancoman

You should always look after your neighbours when they stuck. It's a long road........
    With all that's involved with small squares you would need €5 to break even, so the man suggesting €3 isn't living in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭Sami23

tancoman wrote: »
    You should always look after your neighbours when they stuck. It's a long road........
    With all that's involved with small squares you would need €5 to break even, so the man suggesting €3 isn't living in the real world.

Well €3 off the field is one thing but it wouldn't be enough for the lad who has it put in a shed for sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Robson99

Dunedin wrote: »
    Ah jayus, a lad calls for a couple of bales and he’s charged a tenner. Many a neighbour got a bale or two off me and there’d be no charge. Tis a long road.

It's not the charging fact but if it was me I wouldnt be asking him what I owed him I'd just have the tenner put in his pocket or given to one of the young ones if there was young ones there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

tancoman wrote: »

If you read his post a few of them come together to buy a truckload every year so this was a few I stuck bales.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

If you read his post a few of them come together to buy a truckload every year so this was a few I stuck bales.

Good hay will keep if stored properly as well.

Advertisement