Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Friends

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    To clarify, the "first impressions" point made me think that it was a decision that had to be taken very early. The alternatives are (i) vig - still a goodie pre-munch kill which makes little sense unless they just wanted to be sure they made a shot, and (ii) eddie/barry which is a baddie pre-munch death which also makes no sense to me if they could wait until later to do so.

I've yet to look at post-munch postings but Phil and Katie were feeling wolfy to me from pre-munch postings. They were both throwing shade just before munch, and didn't seem worried that this might draw wolfy eyes onto them.

First impression does sound like some early decision goodies have to make but a kill? That doesn’t sound like an overly good power when they don’t know who each other are (presumably) and they are more likely to hit a goody.

So that leaves:

- Vig - can shoot anytime
    - Eddie - unknown quantity
    - mindy concert - but no conversion

Ockhams razor would make it the VIG. I’m not confirming that’s what it is but it’s interesting reading all the different theories.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    That's odd right?

I don't want to have a look at the player list cause meta is melting my head so I'd prefer to not know, but do we have a new player?

That's a wolf move or q new player

and a little bit toward vernon

I wish I could muti-quote.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Does anyone think it would be good to see who believes what theory?
    This might prove useful when we know who what happened, but that seems like much work if not useful

Here you go phil - that's a little bit of shade near isla....
    that's not shade :cool:
    But okay

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

that's not shade :cool:
    But okay

Well, you said you were suspect, and it was 09.22 so if isla was a wolf and you're village, you've just thrown some suspicion her way just before munch...

whereas if you're a wolf, you don't care when you post as you know you're not up for being a chew toy.

• Advertisement

Well, you said you were suspect, and it was 09.22 so if isla was a wolf and you're village, you've just thrown some suspicion her way just before munch...

whereas if you're a wolf, you don't care when you post as you know you're not up for being a chew toy.

I don't care either way. But okay.
    That's a nice tip to remember for future play though

Katei asked me my thoughts I answered. Simples

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

I don't wear a watch? I didnt; realise the time :confused:

tenor.gif?itemid=4575656

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Sorry I meant to write after Holly’s “bury the duck” post:

So holly feels FFAs are more important then working out this mornings events?

Like i said earlier in response to conor getting grumpy. I thought the dead were dead and we should move on with something that could help the village. I wasn't really reading through the post munch conversation trying to figure out what happened. Then I pegged it that someone got shot, and started trying to figure out what happened.

All of my musings are out in the open for people to see and read.

Not sure what your issue is with my duck post. Somebody said we haven't even buried the duck and I replied with bury the duck but then do some useful work.

Fair enough at the time i didn't realise that investigating what happened to wendy and babs would be useful, but I read over and started to understand why it was useful....

I'm not a wolf, though keep pointing at me so I can keep showing why you are wrong.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Afternoon all, awake, caught up and ready for duty :)

Thoughts on kills: Barbara had to be targeted by both wolves and SK right? I tried thinking was it possible SK stabbed Barbara and then laughed thus causing the confusion on what killed her but as someone else pointed out that post had flavour and the shot fired one didn’t which is normally how it goes?

That’s a pretty impressive way to go as the first killed so be proud Barbara!

I don’t think it was Chandler that fired the shot. Why would a villager shoot someone who hadn’t really offered anything compared to other high posters? Maybe my logic here is different but it’s not how I’d do it.

Possible that Mindy was found but would that mean a conversion would take place? We’d surely get an on thread announcement for that.

So I’m left thinking it could only be Eddie right? He’s going to cause chaos each day so it fits.

Sorry guys you all had this conversation earlier, I don’t want to drag it on all day but I’m playing catch up and just want to clarify my thinking :o

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Angus WW wrote: »

Thoughts on kills: Barbara had to be targeted by both wolves and SK right? I tried thinking was it possible SK stabbed Barbara and then laughed thus causing the confusion on what killed her but as someone else pointed out that post had flavour and the shot fired one didn’t which is normally how it goes?

I don’t think it was Chandler that fired the shot. Why would a villager shoot someone who hadn’t really offered anything compared to other high posters? Maybe my logic here is different but it’s not how I’d do it.

Possible that Mindy was found but would that mean a conversion would take place? We’d surely get an on thread announcement for that.

So I’m left thinking it could only be Eddie right? He’s going to cause chaos each day so it fits.

Sorry guys you all had this conversation earlier, I don’t want to drag it on all day but I’m playing catch up and just want to clarify my thinking :o

giphy-downsized.gif

Angus WW wrote: »

Myself and Conor kinda went through this earlier. Eddie doesn't make sense on a symantics and balancing level, well for us anyway.

I don't see why Eddie's 'chaos causing' would be an extra kill. That completely overpowers the wolf team imo. Also, causing chaos as a term is very ambiguous. I can't see it specifically being an extra shot if that's how they've phrased it.

Holly WW wrote: »
    Myself and Conor kinda went through this earlier. Eddie doesn't make sense on a symantics and balancing level, well for us anyway.

I don't see why Eddie's 'chaos causing' would be an extra kill. That completely overpowers the wolf team imo. Also, causing chaos as a term is very ambiguous. I can't see it specifically being an extra shot if that's how they've phrased it.

I think I've also explained it away as a day move rather than a night move. So agree not Eddie, therefore it's barry or chandler. I think Chandler

I tihnk Eddie coul d be given a kill though, I don't see why not.

Name | Status | Post Count
    Abigail| Alive | 2
    Angus| Alive | 4
    Brendan | Alive | 3
    Conor | Alive | 36
    Derry| Alive | 5
    Desmond| Alive | 13
    Eva | Alive | 6
    Ewan |Alive | 22
    Fiona | Alive | 33
    Gabriel | Alive | 28
    Gertrude | Alive | 20
    Henry | Alive | 27
    Holly | Alive | 93
    Isla | Alive | 80
    Jake | Alive | 15
    Katie | Alive |55
    Liam | Alive | 0
    Nigel| Alive |21
    Orla| Alive | 12
    Phil| Alive | 39
    Steve | Alive | 7
    Tegan | Alive | 11
    Vernon | Alive |0
    ||
    Wendy| Dead (SK & Wolves) |
    Barbara | Dead (Shot) |

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Ok I'm back.

Are we all on the same page now re: Babs likely being double munched? Or do I have to go through pages of the thread debunking silly theories.

Wendy's is more open to interpretation IMO. Orla's theory is certainly worth considering.

I don't believe it was Mindy/Barry. Two reasons:

No conversion announcement.

AND

It specifies here:
    Barry Farber (Alpha Wolf) – Each day Barry has an opportunity to find Mindy. Should he be successful and find Mindy, he will convert Mindy to be his bride. Mindy has a gun and Barry has a shiny bullet.

Today is Day 1 so first guess would be my opinion.

Orla care to point out where I was shading anyone post munch or were you just lumping me in with Phil in a weird two-for-one type accusation?

I think I've also explained it away as a day move rather than a night move. So agree not Eddie, therefore it's barry or chandler. I think Chandler

I tihnk Eddie coul d be given a kill though, I don't see why not.

Agree, a kill could be a part of it, but not the only thing.

Chandler is my best guess right now. And if it was you Mr. Bing. I would suggest waiting for a bit before firing again, just so we have a bit more info. Killing randomers at this stage is only helping the baddies.

That said, if you think you're onto something then by all means go ahead. Or if you think you're in danger of getting the chop, and you think you can help the village with a death.

Remember, statistically you're more likely to hit a goodie, and we need to keep as many of us alive for as long as possible. Lylo was reached really fast in the last game and we don't wanna fall into that trap if at all possible.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

hey guys

my phone is not connecting to boards in the office, so stealing in for 2 minutes on my lunch

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Hey folks, I've been having.trouble accessing Boards since around 11 today. Not sure what is going on but it didn't *seem* to be me as I was able to access other websites. Hopefully it's all sorted now anyway.

I've read next to nothing - hoping to get an hour at around half 5 for a decent catch up and some decent posting. any cliffnotes apart from wendy and babs death

Vernon WW wrote: »
    hey guys

my phone is not connecting to boards in the office, so stealing in for 2 minutes on my lunch

Genie after my table?

• Advertisement

I've read next to nothing - hoping to get an hour at around half 5 for a decent catch up and some decent posting. any cliffnotes apart from wendy and babs death

Why'd you thank Isla's post yesterday and not comment is my only question for ya really :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Very true, never realised, but that's actually such a powerful tool in the village's arsenal... If it can be pulled off. GG brarbrara

Not really sure I'd call it a tool in the village's arsenal, but a handy feature of what is likely a lack of backroom communication between the wolves and the SK.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    This.

@Orla - are you claiming a first impression?

Btw I'm just getting through the posts since I left.

This one is weird.

Why are you actively fishing for roles Nidge?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Boards being poxxxy for me ATM, can't get anything to load properly.

Katie WW wrote: »
    Why'd you thank Isla's post yesterday and not comment is my only question for ya really :)

I was doing a little light reading in the morning before I was consumed by Sunday as per usual. I can almost never post on Sundays :)

Genie after my table?

lunchtime coincidences

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Would Phoebe's skill have taken place last night too, or does it just come into play now?

I'd imagine they got an auld go of their skill last night.

Let's talk about the Orla theory which is the "first impressions"

this is listed at the bottom of the good roles which means it's a thing that is for the good roles only.

It doesn't sound very good, make a good impression or you die....
    What did Wendy do that didn't leave a good impression? Did someone else mention her, not nes something she posted?

hey guys

Did you do it?

• Advertisement

Let's talk about the Orla theory which is the "first impressions"

this is listed at the bottom of the good roles which means it's a thing that is for the good roles only.

It doesn't sound very good, make a good impression or you die....
    What did Wendy do that didn't leave a good impression? Did someone else mention her, not nes something she posted?

Wendy was NRV:confused:

Advertisement