Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Friends

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Where did you read the win cons Katie? I jist went to OP to check and can't see them.
    Katie WW wrote: »
    Huh, could have sworn I saw them in the OP, turns out you're right :(

So SK could possibly win by gaining parity with village and wolves also a possibility.

Rule 13 is win conditions.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Derry WW wrote: »

Yeah they weren't there when I initially made that post though Derry, I made an assumption they were tbh based off previous games

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Derry WW wrote: »

Yes. It is now. It wasn't then.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

FYI on Teagan. Her first post screamed wolf at me and now this diversionary tactic emboldens that thought.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    FYI on Teagan. Her first post screamed wolf at me and now this diversionary tactic emboldens that thought.

Her first post as in of the game? Or earlier?

• Advertisement

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Evening all, reasonably busy thread for d0. Nice to see
    Wolf!

Just for reference...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Boards down for an hour or so?

Ewan WW wrote: »

I had problems between around 11 and 1

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Yeah your over-emotive language and 'loving' some people's posts, I'll dig out some examples shortly

I was trying to build a villager pack :)

I'd just call my language emotive rather than over-emotive though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Ewan WW wrote: »

Yeah I’m only getting back on now, site loaded as interactive site and I thought it had been changed permanently, nearly died!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Just for reference...

Not defending her but what about that screams wolf?

Ok so Isla, as I was saying...

Isla WW wrote: »
    Spot on Angel

giphy.gif

Pockety enough on Gabs, good way for a wolf to appeal to a player with gifs
    I like this Ewan fella. Got a good way about him.

Pockety post re: Ewan
    We're forming a village pack, I hope.

Responding to Des about myself and yourself
    By the way I hope my village pack is all good. If you do betray me though, be warned.

giphy.gif

Mother of all pockets!!
    Always trust your tonal read. And by always I mean when you are reading me as good.

Again trying to shove me in your pocket
    Awwww

tenor.gif?itemid=3556853

And just after that with Phil as well.

Again not seeing a massive issue with your content, you've got some decent stuff in there aside from the gifs and I already said I like your tone, but you have a tendency to appeal to emotion or group people together which makes me wary of you for some reason.

More than likely just me being overly suspicious I reckon though

So we have a new 40 coats then?

Jake WW wrote: »
    Not defending her but what about that screams wolf?

Gut.

Gut.

Fair enough. Been there. Probably need to get a few gut reads now myself. Don't have enough notes yet

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Exact same time Nigel managed to do a full ISO of Wendy within a few Mins of her death. A more relevant ISO to the deaths IMO but very very quickly done for somebody who only found out she was worth ISOing

Wendy had 11 posts. I was still in bed. It was easy. And as Katie points out below it was a poor ISO.

Now Katie...
    Nigel ISO

Fluffy start. Moo.

Questions the line in the OP below the six RVs. Doesn't really follow up though.

Disappears then until...

Moo

No denial of being a wolf though :P

Fluff. Gone again then until...

Calls Babs out as a wolf, possibly could be seeing that the thread was leaning that way and decides to jump on board.

Meh.

Katie ISO.... It's not very in depth tbh. Not sure what the point of it was tbh, no conclusions really.

Asks me about my early theory on Babs being double munched - not really noteworthy but.... well I'll get to it shortly.

Logical enough.

Fluff.

I HATE this post - it feels like fishing for roles, in particular as Nidge mentions it yesterday with no follow up, feels like a wolf trying to get RVs to give extra info.

Fluff.

Mechanics talk, later clarified. Fair enough point.

More mechanics, correct as per the OP I think.

You did ISO Wendy but you didn't provide any conclusions, just nothing there.

Interesting you're now parrotting my point you wanted me to clarify earlier now.

Last post to date - this is weird - you want to ISO the likely vig victim but ignore the munched person. Never no point in a fresh pair of eyes on someone's posts.

Conclusions:

Nidge is giving me wolfy vibes based off his fishing expedition on Orla and early doors on the note in the OP below the RVs.

There's not a whole pile in his posts bar an ISO of Wendy which doesn't really give any information. Then tries to bat people off looking at her posts again as he ISOed them already.

Would vote here tonight.

On the bolded bit - I’m not a wolf.

As for the rest of your points, I can see your point of view on my posts.

I’m happy to ISO babs later on. I had issues accessing boards earlier. From recollection there wasn’t anybody that babs didn’t throw shade at, so I wasn’t sure if there would be anything fruitful in what she said.

I’m not sure where I encouraged people away from ISO on Wendy?

Happy to answer any questions or follow up on anything.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    So play out the scenario in which it would help Jake by doing this on the first munch?

I could maybe understand it if it was later in the game and there were potential reveals/other goings on as a diversion tactic but it doesnt make sense to do that so early.

I dunno though just throwing ideas out

a ISO was done yesterday and the same reaction was given. ISO early on seem mad. A number of people came on and said how people catch wolves is their business and equally important.

Jake's first post seemed dodge and was the reason I did the ISO. I'm glad I did the ISO.
    it took me forever to do it and I've love to know how to do it faster.

Barbs is right, people need to stop looking at things through their own glasses, look outside your world and start looking at how other people might do things.

If for example I was unemployed/not working/working a late shift and had no concept of time or was bad at timing or whatever then it is possible that I might not know that 10 was coming up.

Or someone who is very task driven and was so wrapped up doing the ISO that didn't see the time.

There are plenty reasons/universes where this is a possibility and to suggest that it's not seem well odd. Fiona?? Want to give any reason for ignorning life?

Phil WW wrote: »

Jake's first post seemed dodge and was the reason I did the ISO. I'm glad I did the ISO.
    it took me forever to do it and I've love to know how to do it faster.

On this, if you go into the Werewolf forum on the desktop site there is a number to the right of the thread. Click on that number and it gives you a breakdown of the number of individuals who have posted and how many times in a pop up window. If you click on the number beside an individual it gives you just their posts.

@KATIE please teach me how
    This is how I do an ISO

Go to werewolf main page, select number
    page opens with number of posts
    Select number on the person I want to ISO
    List of posts appears - change search by oldest first
    click into each one and select multi quote
    On last one select quote
    review each post in the response reply box adding in my notes

I don't feel like this is the most effective way....

Nah that's the way I do it too Phil.

Just working on a Gabs ISO now and then I'll respond to you Nidge

• Advertisement

Phil WW wrote: »
    @KATIE please teach me how
    This is how I do an ISO

Go to werewolf main page, select number
    page opens with number of posts
    Select number on the person I want to ISO
    List of posts appears - change search by oldest first
    click into each one and select multi quote
    On last one select quote
    review each post in the response reply box adding in my notes

I don't feel like this is the most effective way....

Pretty much how I do it too.

On this, if you go into the Werewolf forum on the desktop site there is a number to the right of the thread. Click on that number and it gives you a breakdown of the number of individuals who have posted and how many times in a pop up window. If you click on the number beside an individual it gives you just their posts.

thanks, I got that bit. It's the multi quote and adding notes bit that I think takes forever

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Can I just confirm that people have an issue with Phil ISOing Wendy was it? Just putting my thoughts out on it but if it’s to be believed that Chandler fired the shot then why is Phil suspicious for doing the ISO? If he was a wolf then he wouldn’t know she was going to die.

Pretty much how I do it too.
    then I'm just slow :)

Heplful but slow. Thanks

Angus WW wrote: »
    Can I just confirm that people have an issue with Phil ISOing Wendy was it? Just putting my thoughts out on it but if it’s to be believed that Chandler fired the shot then why is Phil suspicious for doing the ISO? If he was a wolf then he wouldn’t know she was going to die.

I'm not massively suspicious myself although I think it was his ISO of Jake and the timing of it that has people wondering.

Phil ISOed Jake who is very much alive and stripping

Nigel ISOed Wendy after she was dead

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Angus WW wrote: »

Yeah it was his ISO of Jake.

I didn’t necessarily find it suspicious as I said earlier. Wanted to know why people thought it could be a wolf/sk tactic though.

Still have no real response for it. (I think it was Abigail who I asked)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

I wasn't trying to pocket you Katie. I was trying to tell you you were right with your read. That's not me trying to pocket - that's just me telling the truth.

Mostly fair enough but I'd like to think that if I was doing it cynically I'd be a bit less obvious about being friendly.

Phil ISOed Jake who is very much alive and stripping

Nigel ISOed Wendy after she was dead

I'm stripping?

feel like I shouldn't be on a phone now, def would be able to find a gif for this :pac:

• Advertisement

Oh wait it was Gertie posting the Chippendales dancers.

Your avatars are confusing me :(

Advertisement