Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Friends

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Although I agree that it seems unlikely that Orla is right with the first impressions thing, the SK night kills are the same as the wolves night kills. Anything post-lynch and pre-munch is the night time, the munch announcement is effectively the end of the night phase.

Friendship is important and as such each of our heroes will have an important choice to make based on first impressions

not sure i follow Conor about the timing.

Firstr impressions to me are before first scheduled action, so this ties in nicely. thoughts?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    click into each one and select multi quote

Didn't even know a thing. I always do it manually.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    Not really, just clumsy old me assuming the win cons were in the OP.

Nope, you actually said you’d read the win con. Big difference

Henry WW wrote: »
    Still have no real response for it. (I think it was Abigail who I asked)

tv-comedy-friends-chandler-really-gif-4160790

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Friendship is important and as such each of our heroes will have an important choice to make based on first impressions

not sure i follow Conor about the timing.

Firstr impressions to me are before first scheduled action, so this ties in nicely. thoughts?

Yeah I'd agree on the first impressions.

My point was that you seemed to be saying that SK kills at night so wouldn't be announced in the morning. I just wanted to make clear that SK kills occurring in the morning at.munch time is normal.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I was preparing this and wanted to throw my thoughts out on the Phil thing.

When I was catching up on this mornings antics after my delightful lie in there was one person who when reading a few of their posts I got that gut feeling alarm bells going off for:

Just before munch
    Holly WW wrote: »
    Munch today at 10?

It's been real. Hopefully I'm here post munch to continue f*cking around!

Seey'all on the other side!

Just after munch
    whoah!!!!

After shot fired
    Jaysus±±±±
    I was not prepared for two deaths!

Cya Babs and Wendo. Babs I knew you were good deep down.

Pre munch post felt very disingenuous like she knew she would be around afterward. Reactions feel off too. Not expecting 2 kills but correct me if I’m wrong the munch and SK kill always happen together so we were always going to have 2 kills. Possible wolf or SK in my opinion.

Holly what do you think of my reading?

Tut tut Tegan, leaving out the posts where I both questioned Katie AND made the exact same point.

I’m replying as I catch up here Conor. Unless I’ve missed something you didn’t emphasize the inconsistency between saying something was read then pulling away from that, only highlighted that the win con didn’t say that

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Yeah they weren't there when I initially made that post though Derry, I made an assumption they were tbh based off previous games
    Yes. It is now. It wasn't then.

The rule was there by the time I got to reading the thread.

boards was acting up alot.
    https://twitter.com/boards/status/1143119254327312384

So I posted what i could when I could and only came across the mod update post afterwards.

Seems like its back up now, so whatever gremlins were plaguing boards this morning seem to have been banished.

The win conditions you chose to assume though are an often debated rules and some mods favor sk win at 1v1v1 and other don't give the sk that advantage and say, like our mods here, that it must be 1v1 for sk to win.

It is not usually something that i'd go about assuming myself would be the same as previous games.

But, to consider it TMI, you would have to have gotten that information somewhere.
    If you asked the mods and they answered, then that would have prompted them to fix the OP then and there.

Unless someone can tell me how its TMI, I'm not going to be using it as such.

A suspicious person would see Tegan making a play to distract the thread from my ISO of Nidge

Or would see you deflecting your own mistake via Conor’s shade on me

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Maybe others disagree, but I think we've spent a lot of time on the "who killed wendy" train today and it's probably not going to help us catch a wolf right now.

Plus while we're discussing this, we're not ISO-ing players or doing FFAs.... are we doing FFAs today?

• Advertisement

Derry WW wrote: »
    The rule was there by the time I got to reading the thread.

boards was acting up alot.
    https://twitter.com/boards/status/1143119254327312384

So I posted what i could when I could and only came across the mod update post afterwards.

Seems like its back up now, so whatever gremlins were plaguing boards this morning seem to have been banished.

The win conditions you chose to assume though are an often debated rules and some mods favor sk win at 1v1v1 and other don't give the sk that advantage and say, like our mods here, that it must be 1v1 for sk to win.

It is not usually something that i'd go about assuming myself would be the same as previous games.

But, to consider it TMI, you would have to have gotten that information somewhere.
    If you asked the mods and they answered, then that would have prompted them to fix the OP then and there.

Unless someone can tell me how its TMI, I'm not going to be using it as such.

Because Katie explicitly said she read it

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Just putting it out there. This here first post by Barbara deserves it’s own award. Brilliant GIF considering she drew both baddies to her.
    Barbara WW wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Does anyone else think this post about breadcrumbs could be the actual breadcrumb post?
    Fiona WW wrote: »
    We also need to be on the lookout for Mindy leaving bread crumbs for Barry

I’ve bolded the possible clue.
    It’s the taking them out though, ur left searching for a missing one or u just wash one of them

It’s a recipe for disaster

Only wolves were odd socks

Posting that GIF was genius knowing what we now know :D
    So a few posts....

Usually ignore gifs but this one is just weird

Tell me what Betty means as I haven’t the foggiest.

Well every interaction is Betty, other than ur wolfy BR that is

What am I reading into it? Well it’s D0 so we’ve f**k all to go on, just noting ur pocketing of Katie, it’ll form part of my file on you. Who knows what else will go in there.

Following up on this as Gabriel never replied to Isla only Wendy responded.
    Isla WW wrote: »
    Why would you ask serious questions of Gertie but not mention Wendy who was the only other person not labelled as a wolf?

Keeping the quotes together to show response.
    Wendy WW wrote: »
    If you see her first list I was listed as a wolf. Which I replied and commented on. And she then subsequently changed her list.

Barbara was making a claim? Where?
    Are you laying claim to a role here?

You're very confusing Barbara, I can't make out if you're good or bad or just a head the ball

Like this idea, Katie. In essence we have an SK seer.
    Ross Geller (Jail Keeper) – There is nothing Ross loves better than entertaining people with stories about dinosaurs. Each night he will invite one player to a lecture at the paleontology museum. Should that player have any night phase actions they will not be able to escape the museum to use them.

So Ross should work as our SK hunter I'm thinking. If he blocks someone and the SK still gets a kill then they can't be the SK, right?

Janice Hosenstein – Serial Killer – Oh My God!! Each night Janice will chose one player who will succumb to the terrifying noise that is her laugh.

Frustrated all morning as I had started to read the thread from the beginning quoting what I wanted to chat about and then I couldn’t load the next page! I had to go back and requote the babs gif and a few others and I’m sure I’m missing another post about breadcrumbs.
    Ewan WW wrote: »
    Boards down for an hour or so?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

My goodness. Was boards only broken for me? Could I be more behind?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Maybe others disagree, but I think we've spent a lot of time on the "who killed wendy" train today and it's probably not going to help us catch a wolf right now.

Plus while we're discussing this, we're not ISO-ing players or doing FFAs.... are we doing FFAs today?

I asked that a while ago and seemed to be ignored by most, if not all people. I think FFAs are probably a good thing, however flimsy some of the reasons are. I can collate them around 7 or so.

For those who haven't done them before you give your top three suspects along with reasonings for them all. You put # FFA 1 for today (without the spaces), and then tomorrow it would be # FFA 2 (again without the spaces). This helps people searching the thread.

FYI on Teagan. Her first post screamed wolf at me and now this diversionary tactic emboldens that thought.

Yes but everyone’s first post screamed wolf to you. You had 4 wolves in a 45 ish minute window.

Tegan WW wrote: »
    I’m replying as I catch up here Conor. Unless I’ve missed something you didn’t emphasize the inconsistency between saying something was read then pulling away from that, only highlighted that the win con didn’t say that

No I highlighted the fact that at the time, there were no win conditions in the OP. I literally asked 'where did you read that?'

I said nothing about the win cons not saying anything because they weren't there. That was the point and the only reason Katie acknowledged that they weren't.

I pointed out that her posting could be TMI. I find it hard to believe that you noticed that she talked about win cons and then said they weren't there IN REPLY to my query but didnt notice anything else about the conversation BUT you wouldn't be the first person to do so.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

I’m up for FFAs today. I’m makes notes on my current reads and will have that up within the hour along with my FFA

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Ok so Gabriel...

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Kind of a wolfie thing to be thinking :D

Hi everyone. Nice to be playing anon again I think.

I had the same thought about Angus's post tbh. Nice enough opener.
    I think Isla’s guessing that we will have auto priest since we have no priest role.

Bit of confusion over the auto-priest here, meh. NAI
    It’s mad how that happens. I always think the Conor account is a wolf.

Fluff
    Villagers don’t have to but wolf’s do :D

Fluff
    Why must there always be a nut job on the lose in these anon games?

Reference to Babs. Can't disagree :)
    I just had a nap (I’m sick, stop judging me!) and I dreamt that I was reading the game thread and there was a lovely new chap called E-a.m-o I was very disappointed when I woke up and realized he’s not really playing :(

Isla I missed that in the OP too so you’re not alone on it.

Dream fluffy talk, clarifies re: Auto-priest.
    He was very polite and complimenting everyone. I have my suspicions he may have been a wolf but so nice we couldn’t possibly have lynched him. His nickname was m-e.m-e Apparently it’s a code. You all got it but I didn’t :(

Genuine dream from my dopey sick mind. Not sure how it would convert someone!

More fluffy dream talk
    I like you Isla :) Please don’t be furry!

Pockety enough on Isla here.
    Do you have trouble getting socks to fit?

Meh.
    Serious? Is that a good or a bad thing? Nice of you to tell us you’re dodgy. Cheers :D

Responds to Babs. Gabs actually has a lot of interactions with Babs (second to me probably), it's why I wanted to go over his posts.
    Can I join too? I want to be part of the gang. NYC is scary with no friends.

More pockety stuff with Isla and the 'village gang'
    Statistically we’re far more likely to be village than wolf.

Moo point.
    I didn’t say everyone’s NRV? I said statistically we’re more likely to be village.

Clarifying the mix up Holly had between Gabs and Henry
    Well since you’re admitting you’re a wolf I suppose we’d better go with the good old catch a wolf kill a wolf approach.

First bit of aggression from Gabs towards Babs. More humourous than overly aggressive but let's see...
    I can’t help it. I take wolf hunting seriously. Although if you’re a wolf hats off to you for being brazen enough to put it on your list!

Caveats his point, could do it as wolf or village. Kinda hedgy if I squint at it.
    Hey! I am not in your BR! There’s a lot of cases of mistaken identity going on today!

Babs mention of being in a backroom with Gabs, pretty much proven at this point lol.
    Oh and I wouldn’t advise the tickling, I may just throw up in your fur!

Meh, the fur mention at the end is a little shady but I can buy it in the context of the a)joke and b) conversation.
    I’m going to point out the obvious here but just incase I’m dead in the morning, and it gets lost in all the moo posts being made, if barbs does turn out to be a brazen wolf serious questions need to be asked of the only person she’s labeled village. Sorry Gertie.

Yeah this is why I came to Gabs. How do you feel about Gertie now given Babs flipped village?
    I see you got there before me :D

Agreeing with Tegan who made the same point.
    Right I’m off to dream about more wonderful players who don’t actually exist. Goodnight villagers :)

Meh.
    Good morning villagers :)

Meh.
    I think she’s a bit of a fruit loop :D

Again on about Babs.
    I agree that babs is probably too wolfie to be a wolf. I do worry that that logic is going to backfire on us someday though.

Hmmm now this is interesting, given his last comment the previous night. Possible that evil Gabs saw the tide turn and decided to hedge? First kinda wolfy post in the context of his other ones.
    Why is it wolfie when I say it but not when the people I’m agreeing with say it?

Challenges Eva, see above Gabs. Not overtly wolfy but based off your previous statements I can see where the thought came from. Then again Eva... that's for another ISO
    Oh why weren’t the deaths announced together? (Farewell Wendy and Barbs)

Cos they were seperate kills :)
    Yeah this makes sense to me. Wendy would then have been the vig?

How the hell would Wendy be the vig? I don't understand this post
    Would that not prevent the vig from shooting though?

Talk of the jailkeep. Evidently Wendy's shooter was not blocked so it's a moo point
    If that’s the case do you think the wolf’s were blocked?

Again, read the munch announcement, both sets of evils are referenced

Conclusions:

Mildly village I think. I'd like to see more wolf hunting from Gabs, they seem oddly fixated on Babs on a read back so will be interesting to see:

A) his thoughts on Gertie
    B) his other suspects now at this point.

The fixation is a little wolfy, but then again most of the thread was Babs focused till she was munched so I can sort of understand that.

Angus WW wrote: »
    When I was catching up on this mornings antics after my delightful lie in there was one person who when reading a few of their posts I got that gut feeling alarm bells going off for:

Pre munch post felt very disingenuous like she knew she would be around afterward. Reactions feel off too. Not expecting 2 kills but correct me if I’m wrong the munch and SK kill always happen together so we were always going to have 2 kills. Possible wolf or SK in my opinion.

Holly what do you think of my reading?

I can't comment on you 'feeling' that my post was disingenuous. If you felt that, then that's fine. It was in fact very real. I got to work about half 9 and trying to catch up something twigged with me that there was about to be a munch, so I posted it asking to be sure. I'm not one for re-reading the OP a lot.

Reactions are legitimate reactions...

A death occurred three minutes before munch. First action was supposed to be munch, so when that happened it threw me for a loop. I believed this was the munch kill, so when babs kicked it, I was even more surprised.

Yeah fair enough you might argue that I should have known that a SK kill and munch would happen, but I didn't. (you yourself have literally just asked for clarification on that point). I wasn't expecting two kills. And to be honest if a third had have happened like it could have, I would have lost my sh!t!

I'm not a wolf, and I'm not SK. Keep pointing though and I'll keep responding.

Not defensive just it's not a good idea to make an association without knowing one or the other's alignment. Can lead to tunnels if you're a villager where the only thing that makes sense is wolf!Katie and wolf!Babs in village!Wendy's head.

See my above comment, not running down anything at all, just think it's risky for a villager to make these kind of reads

See above, fair enough re: rescinding

Didn't want to point out the last point too early. Two worlds imo:

Village!Babs trying to draw Barry's first pick onto her

Wolfcub!Babs trying to get selected.

Leaning the latter atm

Katie you did and ISO on Wendy last night, you've been supr quiet about this today.
    Why was Wendy selected last night?

Katie another slip, but why do you think this was a Barry action before anyone else has picked up on this?

• Advertisement

Orla WW wrote: »

Agree with you there Orla, that’s why when I asked I said I didn’t want it dragged on all day. I think we should do FFAs, they always help in the long run and from past experience games can be very chaotic without them which is a perfect climate for wolves to survive in!

Katie you did and ISO on Wendy last night, you've been supr quiet about this today.

Katie another slip, but why do you think this was a Barry action before anyone else has picked up on this?

What?

No I highlighted the fact that at the time, there were no win conditions in the OP. I literally asked 'where did you read that?'

I said nothing about the win cons not saying anything because they weren't there. That was the point and the only reason Katie acknowledged that they weren't.

I pointed out that her posting could be TMI. I find it hard to believe that you noticed that she talked about win cons and then said they weren't there IN REPLY to my query but didnt notice anything else about the conversation BUT you wouldn't be the first person to do so.

My point isn’t that they weren’t there. It’s that she said specifically she read them. The excuse that”oh I just assumed” doesn’t hold up because she said she READ them somewhere

Nope, you actually said you’d read the win con. Big difference

Yeah, I read the OP, for some reason I thought the win cons were in there. Poor assumption on my part.

Can't help you if you think it's TMI, can only say it isn't, I'm a villager so don't have enough information is my problem :(

I didn't do an ISO on Wendy last night?

What do you mean slip, I don't think you understand what a slip is, that was my thoughts on Babs play at the time.

Yes but everyone’s first post screamed wolf to you. You had 4 wolves in a 45 ish minute window.

Not true at all. Only your first post jumped out at me that hard. Others were for different reasons.

My point isn’t that they weren’t there. It’s that she said specifically she read them. The excuse that”oh I just assumed” doesn’t hold up because she said she READ them somewhere

Yes. We are making the same point. Which was my point. I found it mildly suspicious that you would quote her posts without including the reason she made a post about 'just assuming'.

I agree that Katie saying she read them is suspicious. It was why I asked.

I also agree that saying they have been read may be an indication that she asked the mods for clarification but her response wasnt that.Which is why I said it could be TMI.

Essentially I find you both suspicious but not equally so.

Brendan WW wrote: »

Tell me what Betty means as I haven’t the foggiest.

It was a typo by me. I think it could have meant 'very' or 'really' or 'pretty'

What?

which bit are you confused by?

• Advertisement

I can't comment on you 'feeling' that my post was disingenuous. If you felt that, then that's fine. It was in fact very real. I got to work about half 9 and trying to catch up something twigged with me that there was about to be a munch, so I posted it asking to be sure. I'm not one for re-reading the OP a lot.

Reactions are legitimate reactions...

A death occurred three minutes before munch. First action was supposed to be munch, so when that happened it threw me for a loop. I believed this was the munch kill, so when babs kicked it, I was even more surprised.

Yeah fair enough you might argue that I should have known that a SK kill and munch would happen, but I didn't. (you yourself have literally just asked for clarification on that point). I wasn't expecting two kills. And to be honest if a third had have happened like it could have, I would have lost my sh!t!

I'm not a wolf, and I'm not SK. Keep pointing though and I'll keep responding.

No that’s fair Holly. As I said it was the only thing that jumped out at me with a gut feeling so wanted to put it out there. As it’s early doors and I’m doing a lot of catching up I’m not hell bent on anyone and so I wanted your thoughts on it. Satisfied with your response, if anything else jumps out I’ll say it :)

Advertisement