Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

Some photos from M11 Sunday. Nearly there ....

attachment.php?attachmentid=482001&stc=1&d=1559729047

attachment.php?attachmentid=482002&stc=1&d=1559729250

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

So essentially just the tie ins to be done for the M11 mainline?
    I travelled to Wexford on Sunday Morning. I had to travel for a very short distance along the new mainline, the exit back to the existing N11.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

I really hope the council don't decide to cut the wild growth at the Clough roundabout - it is golden for bees I would say, in spite of the diesel and dust I'm sure they are grateful for such wild growth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

I really hope the council don't decide to cut the wild growth at the Clough roundabout - it is golden for bees I would say, in spite of the diesel and dust I'm sure they are grateful for such wild growth

Dont see why they would, its a deliberate policy to assist bee pollination.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

Any latest news on the opening date?
    I’ve seen July, which is next month, but nothing concrete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

PoolDude wrote: »
    Any latest news on the opening date?
    I’ve seen July, which is next month, but nothing concrete

It's reported to be a couple of weeks ahead of schedule, around mid July.
    The tie-in between the new N30 section and the existing road at Templescoby is almost complete,ESB installing new light poles today.

MichealD wrote: »
    Some photos from M11 Sunday. Nearly there ....

attachment.php?attachmentid=482001&stc=1&d=1559729047

Looking at the road sign it gives the impression that there's an exit for Camolin and Ferns but the drawings for the scheme never had one??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

Looking at the road sign it gives the impression that there's an exit for Camolin and Ferns but the drawings for the scheme never had one??

It's the exit to the clough roundabout and old N11

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The N11 will become the R772.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

kneemos wrote: »
    The N11 will become the R772.

Yeah, the rest of the old N11 is R772.

• Advertisement

I see they were working away on the Oilgate roundabout today (Saturday)

PoolDude wrote: »
    I see they were working away on the Oilgate roundabout today (Saturday)

They were still at it after 5pm as I was driving past.

Near Monageer, looking towards Enniscorthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

Near Monageer, looking towards Enniscorthy.

It's a very bendy motorway , it must be very near the limit of maximum radii to maintain a 120 Kmh limit, it's certainly going to be a change from the boringly straight M 9 .

Here's a pic from the same bridge looking the other way towards Gorey.

Ferns and Camolin probably did well put of the passing trade and may end up the biggest losers.

Bigus wrote: »
    It's a very bendy motorway , it must be very near the limit of maximum radii to maintain a 120 Kmh limit, it's certainly going to be a change from the boringly straight M 9 .
    It's not as bendy as it looks. People said the same about the Rathnew-Arklow section near Ballinameesda.

kneemos wrote: »
    Ferns and Camolin probably did well put of the passing trade and may end up the biggest losers.

Carton's in Camolin is always busy with trucks stopping and having a caf on the premises is a big attraction. They'll lose out big time.
    The services further North on the M11 will be the only stop really in the region without going out of your way to get to until you hit Oylegate after coming off the motorway if you are headed south.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭prunudo

jd wrote: »
    It's not as bendy as it looks. People said the same about the Rathnew-Arklow section near Ballinameesda.

Yeah, and likewise with other projects, I think the camera lense distorts the curvature.

prunudo wrote: »
    Yeah, and likewise with other projects, I think the camera lense distorts the curvature.

I remember the posts about the work at Newlands Cross: "How will they fit a Dual Carriageway on that?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Howlin's timed this well. 2 major Motorway openings in or around his county just in time for election.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Howlin's timed this well. 2 major Motorway openings in or around his county just in time for election.

How had Howlin timed it well? He's not in government and has no say over when the election will be or when these roads will open.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

He was expenditure Minister when the projects were signed off

It's the minister of the day that gets the photo op and takes the glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

Have heard that an independent TD in Tipp - who is an honest taxpayer - was a dab hand at turning up at just the right moment for the photo opp for the M8 etc.

Shane 'Stepaside' Ross is Katie's new BFF.

.....wouldn't be too surprised to see all and sundry at this.

They're all 'pho-ho's'!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

You can be sure all tds and councillors, whether involved or not, will get their big fat heads in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Carton's in Camolin is always busy with trucks stopping and having a caf on the premises is a big attraction. They'll lose out big time.
    The services further North on the M11 will be the only stop really in the region without going out of your way to get to until you hit Oylegate after coming off the motorway if you are headed south.

Happy these two fuel stations in camolin will be affected - purely on the basis the two stations have been running a “cartel” on fuel prices for as long as I can remember. Zero competition among them and always more expensive than elsewhere on the N11

• Registered Users Posts: 13,643 ✭✭✭✭josip

vicwatson wrote: »
    Happy these two fuel stations in camolin will be affected - purely on the basis the two stations have been running a “cartel” on fuel prices for as long as I can remember. Zero competition among them and always more expensive than elsewhere on the N11

Which was strange because Applegreen just up the road in Ferns was always competitive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

vicwatson wrote: »
    You can be sure all tds and councillors, whether involved or not, will get their big fat heads in.

They will all be there you can be sure of that.

• Advertisement

Key question is - when will that be?

Hopefully it is opened to the public long before the photo shoot 😂

Advertisement