Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Facing towards Scarawalsh.

Looking SE towards the Finchogue interchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Another blockade apparently.

https://www.southeastradio.ie/2019/05/day-3-of-enniscorthy-bypass-blockade-underway-over-water-runoff-dispute/

The contracts for the design of the Oylgate bypass are to be signed next week also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,643 ✭✭✭✭josip

kneemos wrote: »
    Another blockade apparently.

https://www.southeastradio.ie/2019/05/day-3-of-enniscorthy-bypass-blockade-underway-over-water-runoff-dispute/

The contracts for the design of the Oylgate bypass are to be signed next week also.

Fully with the farmers on this, BAM would try to get away with anything they can.

josip wrote: »
    Fully with the farmers on this, BAM would try to get away with anything they can.

Possibly,though presumably they have to keep to their designs.

This one guy appears to responsible for a lot of the disputes in fairness.

• Advertisement

Possibly,though presumably they have to keep to their designs.

This one guy appears to responsible for a lot of the disputes in fairness.

If the original design was inadequate and the farmer's land was affected by run off, that's not the farmers fault is it?
    Form what I know of BAM, they'd be delighted to have to change the design and ring the till again.

Also, it's only 1 dispute. BAM Naas keep trying to fob him off and have never properly engaged to try to resolve the underlying cause.

Signage has started to be erected on parts of the road.
    Finishing touches to topsoil being done all along the route. It's a pity it's so hard to get vantage points to get photos of different sections as access is so hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Those contracts only for bypassing Oylegate village? not the full Oylegate-Rosslare road?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

vicwatson wrote: »
    Those contracts only for bypassing Oylegate village? not the full Oylegate-Rosslare road?
    No, the full Oilgate-Rosslare scheme.

It may not all progress to construction in one go though.

Spotted a cyclist taking advantage of the N30 section yesterday. A huge amount of it is ready for line painting.
    I was told that the whole scheme is ahead of schedule.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

Spotted a cyclist taking advantage of the N30 section yesterday. A huge amount of it is ready for line painting.
    I was told that the whole scheme is ahead of schedule.
    Saw a load of them on the N30 section that is part of the New Ross scheme, coming down the hill to the roundabout joining it to the N25 (which looks to be complete, everything waitimg for the bridge)

jd wrote: »
    Saw a load of them on the N30 section that is part of the New Ross scheme, coming down the hill to the roundabout joining it to the N25 (which looks to be complete, everything waitimg for the bridge)

I don't want to be a killjoy but I doubt they are allowed on it. I know they aren't doing any harm but still it's technically a building site.
    Still,they are better than a certain ethnic minority that I encountered on the building of the Limerick ring road who raced sulkies up and down it as works were going on.

Top coat of tar being layed on the next section of the N30. They aren't hanging around, several kilometres done since this morning.

Top coat of tar being layed on the next section of the N30. They aren't hanging around, several kilometres done since this morning.
    So it should be open by early July?

Not nearly finished the road surface at the Oylgate end.

So it should be open by early July?

Late July was what I was told. The senior engineers are heading to London in August for a massive project there so they need to have the road open by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Is there any estimate as to how much time this will cut off the trip between Wexford - Dublin at non-peak time?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Good question....so here's my estimate....

The new motorway stretch is to be 27km long. Say you motor the whole way at average 120 km/h – that’s about 14 minutes.

Google Maps tells me that it’s 31km right now between the Clough roundabout and Scurlocksbush, at the Oylegate end of things. Say you average 80 km/h along that stretch off-peak (100 km/h on the open road, then slowing down for Camolin/Ferns/Enniscorthy) – that’d be about 24 minutes.

So, that would be a ten minute saving.

Much bigger time savings to be had at peak time, though. For instance, took me nearly 15 minutes just to get along Island Road in Enniscorthy this morning. There can be delays of 15 minutes or more at the Gorey side of Ferns at peak times too.

So add up all those savings, and you’re looking at knocking off maybe 45 minutes or more at peak time.

Google Maps can also tell you how long traffic is currently taking.

o3UDY8h.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Yup. I was basing things on a middle of the night, no traffic, off-peak type of thing. But overall, depending on how exactly you define 'off peak', the new motorway stretch is therefore likely to save anywhere from 10 to 17 or 18 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

The slip road and overpass is now in use at the gorey end of the bypass

PoolDude wrote: »
    The slip road and overpass is now in use at the gorey end of the bypass

Used it yesterday,the concrete barriers along the median of the existing carriageway have been taken down.
    Every time I drive that way,the amount of progress is amazing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Used it yesterday,the concrete barriers along the median of the existing carriageway have been taken down.
    Every time I drive that way,the amount of progress is amazing.

Are they going to narrow that bit as it won't need to be dual C anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭MichealD

Southbound N11 traffic is being diverted on to the half of the roundabout that's completed at the M11 junction with the N11 at Oylegate for the first time this evening.

Northbound still using the widened hard shoulder.

I'd imagine there will be a burst on to finish this junction and tie in over the next month.

josip wrote: »
    Google Maps can also tell you how long traffic is currently taking.

o3UDY8h.png

That journey took me 27 minutes on Sunday night with little or no traffic on the road.

Lines painted on N30 section. Part of the roundabout at Oylegate end is live now.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

I know it's not the N11, but does anyone know when the New Ross bi pass wil be completed?

I know it's not the N11, but does anyone know when the New Ross bi pass wil be completed?
    November. Bridge construction is the critical path.

Big thread on it here - https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056034388/113/#post110342796

• Advertisement

November. Bridge construction is the critical path.

Prayers of thanksgiving will be made. It's even worse than Enniscorthy.

Advertisement