Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths doing ****ty things but not shooting anyone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭circadian

MrFresh wrote: »
    I wanted to continue the discussion of the youth crime and anti social behaviour epidemic. I should have realised the resident Boards racists would be triggered. My bad.

It's always the fault of minorities/immigrants. How else would our youth know how to be criminals?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

This is largely a repost of what I wrote in the gangland thread, that thread was too depressing to follow, I probably wont follow this one either, things are just so ****ty and getting worse around here, I dunno. Anyway, I think what probably shocked the Mexican man into videoing the encounter is how garbage Irish kids are compared to back home in Mexico. Obviously there are bad kids in Mexico, there are feral kids in Mexico, but over there those kids grow up like that because they have no choice, Mexico is a developing country with levels of poverty we couldnt even imagine, whereas the "disadvantaged" kids over here are spoiled human trash.
    Imagine telling someone from Mexico that having a free house, plus social welfare, plus childrens allowance, plus fuel allowance, plus being able to "work" 2 days a week on top, is "disadvantaged". Imagine the kids from dublin with their smartphones, latest "fresh" clothes, scramblers/quads having to live in the conditions their Mexican counterparts have to.
    Imagine telling a poor Mexican family that they can get bounced out of 2-3 free houses for anti social behaviour, get put up in a hotel indefinitely, turn down houses because they're too far from mammy to child mind or their mates, and then go on Joe Duffy and whine about being homeless and hard done by.
    That's more than likely the reason why he videoed those girls, the pure surreal culture shock of seeing these feral children here, when the kids back home living in shanty towns whos parent are killing themselves trying to get the money together to pay a coyote to get them across the border, have better upbringing than ours do in our western European welfare state.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Omackeral wrote: »
    Youths in Balbriggan and North County Dublin acting the c*nt and generally causing havoc for commuters and residents. There was a lengthy thread on it here but it got merged into the gangland shootings one. One and the same, those two issues.

Why did they get merged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Why did they get merged?
    So that the thread about the black gangs in Dublin would be totally consumed by the larger Gangland Shootings thread.
    It was a way to close down the topic by the mod who moved it.
    I presume some people think that if we are not allowed to discuss it, then it is not really happening in real life.

The manner on how it happened was discussed on the Feedback thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

These poor youths are misguided and completely misunderstood, their violence is their way of calling for help, they are innocent :(.

Now that is what I would say if I was fruit cake....They need a good slap, knock some respect into them, the bastads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

El_Bee wrote: »
    This is largely a repost of what I wrote in the gangland thread, that thread was too depressing to follow, I probably wont follow this one either, things are just so ****ty and getting worse around here, I dunno. Anyway, I think what probably shocked the Mexican man into videoing the encounter is how garbage Irish kids are compared to back home in Mexico. Obviously there are bad kids in Mexico, there are feral kids in Mexico, but over there those kids grow up like that because they have no choice, Mexico is a developing country with levels of poverty we couldnt even imagine, whereas the "disadvantaged" kids over here are spoiled human trash.
    Imagine telling someone from Mexico that having a free house, plus social welfare, plus childrens allowance, plus fuel allowance, plus being able to "work" 2 days a week on top, is "disadvantaged". Imagine the kids from dublin with their smartphones, latest "fresh" clothes, scramblers/quads having to live in the conditions their Mexican counterparts have to.
    Imagine telling a poor Mexican family that they can get bounced out of 2-3 free houses for anti social behaviour, get put up in a hotel indefinitely, turn down houses because they're too far from mammy to child mind or their mates, and then go on Joe Duffy and whine about being homeless and hard done by.
    That's more than likely the reason why he videoed those girls, the pure surreal culture shock of seeing these feral children here, when the kids back home living in shanty towns whos parent are killing themselves trying to get the money together to pay a coyote to get them across the border, have better upbringing than ours do in our western European welfare state.

Spot on. Been to Mexico a few times in the last year and we really have no idea about what true poverty is, but you know what, the poor there have 1000% more manners then the feral humans we are breeding in this country. They get nothing for nothing in Mexico and still their attitude is so much better then here.

The Mexicans who are coming here now are all well educated people (Degree's at least) here to improve their English so that they can get a better job when they return home.

To have to deal with such crap from dirty knackers makes me sick. But this is the reality of the way Dublin is heading.

And have no doubt this has gone viral all over Mexico in the last few days and it makes us look terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

CucaFace wrote: »
    Spot on. Been to Mexico a few times in the last year and we really have no idea about what true poverty is, but you know what, the poor there have 1000% more manners then the feral humans we are breeding in this country. They get nothing for nothing in Mexico and still their attitude is so much better then here.

The Mexicans who are coming here now are all well educated people (Degree's at least) here to improve their English so that they can get a better job when they return home.

To have to deal with such crap from dirty knackers makes me sick. But this is the reality of the way Dublin is heading.

And have no doubt this has gone viral all over Mexico in the last few days and it makes us look terrible.

Try going to Philippines, I was there once. People naked on the streets with nothing! 4 and 5 year little kids half naked going up to cars on the street begging. God knows who could kidnap them and their gone. They are genuinely poor. Desperate situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

Looking at the long video again, the feral children walked away repeatedly and the filmmaker followed them asking ‘what is your problem?’ etc.

He is the adult in this encounter and made a bad situation worse with his lack of streetwiseness. I myself, as an adult who works with such youths, think he handled the situation poorly.

FFred wrote: »
    Looking at the long video again, the feral children walked away repeatedly and the filmmaker followed them asking ‘what is your problem?’ etc.

He is the adult in this encounter and made a bad situation worse with his lack of streetwiseness. I myself, as an adult who works with such youths, think he handled the situation poorly.

Surprise surprise, a facilitator of these types stumbling over themselves to make excuses for them.

Surprise surprise, a facilitator of these types stumbling over themselves to make excuses for them.
    Lol.
    1) Tell me how, as a teacher, I ‘facilitate’ this behaviour?
    2) Secondly, where did I make excuses for them? Nowhere.

You misinterpreted my words and your response is knee jerk and just plain baffling.

Enjoy the rest of your evening young man :)

• Advertisement

Lol.
    1) Tell me how, as a teacher, I ‘facilitate’ this behaviour?
    2) Secondly, where did I make excuses for them? Nowhere.

You misinterpreted my words and your response is knee jerk and just plain baffling.

Enjoy the rest of your evening young man :)

You coddle and fall for their bs, I bet you use the buzzword "disadvantaged" with these kids, I also bet you'd burst into flames before you told them No for anything, and save your snark for when you grovel to ingratiate yourself with the feral kids you enable.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Game of Thrones Fan

That's what happens when you release a TV show like Love/Hate

You coddle and fall for their bs, I bet you use the buzzword "disadvantaged" with these kids, I also bet you'd burst into flames before you told them No for anything, and save your snark for when you grovel to ingratiate yourself with the feral kids you enable.
    Correct.
    I’m actually lolling here :)
    Best wishes for the future with such simple ideas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,443 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

He didn't follow them, they were the far side of a closed gate and it was them who kept coming back shouting at him.

I think the man remained very calm considering the vitriol that was being directed at him.

Correct.
    I’m actually lolling here :)
    Best wishes for the future with such simple ideas :pac:

God help us all if you really are shaping young minds.

God help us all if you really are shaping young minds.
    :pac:
    Let it go man. You’ll feel better.
    :pac:

Anyone know what prompted this video? Was it just general hi-jinx by bored kids?

I’d guess the parents of these kids will be none too pleased, not about the behavior of their precious darlings, but that a stranger posted a video of them on YouTube Facebook and other social media sites.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some members of that community confronted him on this regardless of whether he was “within his rights”- walking away and avoiding confrontation is the best policy in these situations. I mean, trying to explain that you pay taxes to such a kid displaying this behavior- you’re really not going to get anywhere.

Just to be clear on my opinion on the matter:
    1) The girls in the videos are feral out of control teenagers
    2) The man filming had opportunity to control the situation and get away

Here’s the background to how this all kicked off- Gardai investigating apparently.

https://dublingazette.com/news/south-dublin-news/windy-arbour-attack-38128/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

The story about the kids trying to set fire to the tent with the homeless man inside is getting a lot of attention too. They were even younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Exactly what i thought too. He almost "eggs them on". Obviously they're little ****s but they're idiot kids and he's the adult in the situation

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Anyone know what prompted this video? Was it just general hi-jinx by bored kids?

I’d guess the parents of these kids will be none too pleased, not about the behavior of their precious darlings, but that a stranger posted a video of them on YouTube Facebook and other social media sites.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some members of that community confronted him on this regardless of whether he was “within his rights”- walking away and avoiding confrontation is the best policy in these situations. I mean, trying to explain that you pay taxes to such a kid displaying this behavior- you’re really not going to get anywhere.

Adult v Child "debate" is bad optics, even with your own. The core of that kind of stuff tends to come from the kitchen table or perhaps peers. The first brat looks to be the gang leader and the second one just apes her behaviour. At this stage it is likely to follow them around for quite a while, dare I say deservedly so. I am still inclined to say he should have walked away but when you're not actually there that's just an easier outcome to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Yeah, he is but there is a cultural thing at work from his perspective and the concept of what they call educación in Spanish - how you behave. It is a very big deal and goes someway to explaining his reaction. What he really needed here was a voice in his ear saying forget about this nonsense.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/cleaner-slapped-girl-11-after-she-poured-liquid-on-his-wife-38186554.html

Another tremendous example of Irish parenting at work.

tl; dr Somebody's little darling abuses Polish cleaner, throws pizza at her and pours drink on her head, abuses cleaner's husband when he arrives. He slaps her and is up before the beak.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Noveight wrote: »
    Peter Casey saw a huge jump in support after having a go at our leniency with Travellers and their BS.

I reckon there are votes there to be won should a politician approach with a balanced and reasonable solutions to problems like scumbags, Travelers, life-long welfare abusers, etc.

Such a politician or group would have serious work on their hands. Such policies would be loudly decried as draconian or fascist by many incumbent politicos who very much have the ear of most leading media organs in Ireland today. Irish political and moral opinion is very driven by mainstream media. If you can't get them onside you have nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

spurious wrote: »
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/cleaner-slapped-girl-11-after-she-poured-liquid-on-his-wife-38186554.html

tl; dr Somebody's little darling abuses Polish cleaner, throws pizza at her and pours drink on her head, abuses cleaner's husband when he arrives. He slaps her and is up before the beak.

Ridiculous but not surprising,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

spurious wrote: »

Was it wrong to hit her? Probably.
    Did she deserve it? Definitely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement