Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths doing ****ty things but not shooting anyone

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭FaxingBerlin

MrFresh wrote: »
    Possibly. It would at least give you something to justify your claim.

You need to to stop trying to claim everybody that lives here as Irish all the time. Being born here doesn't mean anything, you know a lot of people born here dont identify as Irish anyway they identify as being the nationality of their parents. Also this "black irish" bull****. You're Irish or your arent. No need to bring colour into it. I dont see the need for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Possibly. It would at least give you something to justify your claim.

Whist. If there was no video footage there would be no mention of the ethnicity of the robbers. You know it and I know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

You need to to stop trying to claim everybody that lives here as Irish all the time. Being born here doesn't mean anything, you know a lot of people born here dont identify as Irish anyway they identify as being the nationality of their parents. Also this "black irish" bull****. You're Irish or your arent. No need to bring colour into it. I dont see the need for it.

Article 2

It is the entitlement and birthright of every person born in the island of Ireland, which includes its islands and seas, to be part of the Irish Nation.

Whist. If there was no video footage there would be no mention of the ethnicity of the robbers. You know it and I know it.

The difference is, their ethnicity doesn't change anything for me. I don't see this crime as any different to all the other armed robberies committed in the State. You take extra offence because of their ethnicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Also this "black irish" bull****. You're Irish or your arent. No need to bring colour into it. I dont see the need for it.

exactly, same BS here in the states (african american) you're either american or african, you want to be african than f*** off back to africa

exactly, same BS here in the states (african american) you're either american or african, you want to be african than f*** off back to africa

You guys really don't like the founding principles of this country. The constitution specifically recognises the importance of people's connections to their ancestral home. Perhaps if you don't like the basic ideas this country was founded upon it is you who should **** off.

Article 2

Furthermore, the Irish nation cherishes its special affinity with people of Irish ancestry living abroad who share its cultural identity and heritage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

So i assume you have the same problems with anyone calling themselves irish/american and the whole irish community shtick in the US then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

I do feel a bit sorry for this young girl because, well, she's a young girl who has gone viral for being a racist. Some might argue that it's a fitting punishment for racism, but not if you're 14. At that age you're not thinking for yourself. You're regurgitating what you hear from your mum or dad or older siblings.

Not to sound too soft-hearted, but I do hope she's okay.

So i assume you have the same problems with anyone calling themselves irish/american and the whole irish community shtick in the US then?

no one calls themselves irish\america in the States

cue the anal retentive semantics on this forum "so there isnt one irishman in the whole country that calls themself an irish\american?" :pac:

That's a ridiculous claim. There are organizations, publications, buildings and sports teams that all use the term either in their name or description.

That's a ridiculous claim. There are organizations, publications, buildings and sports teams that all use the term either in their name or description.

just like i said, right on cue :pac:

• Advertisement

just like i said, right on cue :pac:

You say something stupid you get called on it.

You guys really don't like the founding principles of this country. The constitution specifically recognises the importance of people's connections to their ancestral home. Perhaps if you don't like the basic ideas this country was founded upon it is you who should **** off.

the Irish nation cherishes its special affinity with people of Irish ancestry living abroad

It says nothing of other countries

the Irish nation cherishes its special affinity with people of Irish ancestry living abroad

It says nothing of other countries

You kinda missed the point. They obviously saw it as important that emigrants and their descendants kept an affinity with their ancestral home. Now, unless you are suggesting they were raging hypocrites, they would surely feel the same about immigrants keeping an affinity with their ancestral home.

You kinda missed the point. They obviously saw it as important that emigrants and their descendants kept an affinity with their ancestral home. Now, unless you are suggesting they were raging hypocrites, they would surely feel the same about immigrants keeping an affinity with their ancestral home.

Yes, there was mass immigration after the famine etc. I'm sure that is exactly what our founding fathers were thinking. :rolleyes: They probably had a crystal ball to see into the future too.

Yes, there was mass immigration after the famine etc. I'm sure that is exactly what our founding fathers were thinking. :rolleyes: They probably had a crystal ball to see into the future too.

So you think they were hypocrites. Odd that you have such disrespect for those who founded our state and the principles they founded it on. Have you considered moving to a country that suits your ideals better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Sure they're robbing each other. That's okay isn't it?? :rolleyes:

Literally NO-ONE in "the states" is American so GTFO.

As far as I can tell there is nothing to suggest they are natives, although its possible they were anchor babies. Not Irish imo.

No such thing as anchor babies anymore, you need to get your racist facts up to date love.

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Literally NO-ONE in "the states" is American so GTFO.

so native americans aren't americans ?

No such thing as anchor babies anymore, you need to get your racist facts up to date love.

well go ahead, update the facts for us

join date = May 2019, by the tone of your posts me thinks you've been banned before

• Advertisement

so native americans aren't americans ?

You mean the Indians? Yeah, they may be the only ones who are in fairness.

So you think they were hypocrites. Odd that you have such disrespect for those who founded our state and the principles they founded it on. Have you considered moving to a country that suits your ideals better?

No, I think they couldn’t see into the future.

Don’t know if you saw the video, but they weren’t newborns.

well go ahead, update the facts for us

join date = May 2019, by the tone of your posts me thinks you've been banned before

A child born in Ireland is no longer automatically an Irish citizen therefore not an anchor baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,538 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

cue the anal retentive semantics on this forum "so there isnt one irishman in the whole country that calls themself an irish\american?" :pac:
    Maybe I should introduce you to my cousins on the east coast in the Irish American Society, who organise the Paddy's Day (their term) parade on the nearest Saturday to 17th March each year, and who's kids still run the Irish dancing school, and who are more anti-immigrant than even the average Boards poster - should they FRO back to Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

You mean the Indians? Yeah, they may be the only ones who are in fairness.

No, he meant native Americans. Indians live in India...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

No, he meant native Americans. Indians live in India...
    The poster wasn't very politically correct, was he/she?
    The irony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Kivaro wrote: »
    The poster wasn't very politically correct, was he/she?
    The irony.

You'd wonder at this place sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

• Advertisement

El_Bee wrote: »

Typical leftist reporting, no description of the "youths" even though the victims parents have dashcam video of them... well where is it? so we can all be better informed and on the lookout

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement