Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths doing ****ty things but not shooting anyone

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Typical leftist reporting, no description of the "youths" even though the victims parents have dashcam video of them... well where is it? so we can all be better informed and on the lookout

What a transparent excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Typical leftist reporting, no description of the "youths" even though the victims parents have dashcam video of them... well where is it? so we can all be better informed and on the lookout

Looks like it will be a record breaking summer for video game sales in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Where do you even begin to describe :confused: diversity was our strength but a huge headache for the Gardaí down the line. Tattoos won’t be easy to identify either

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

There's no indication that the youths weren't Irish.

Here's another one

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/new-mum-chased-sticks-spat-16498737

School's out for summer :(
    I rang the Guards but there’s no car available.

Astonishing.

• Advertisement

Lovely scenes on the train here:
    My friend Kasia who has a six week old baby was on the train from Ashtown to Connolly [Maynooth, County Kildare commuter line] yesterday about 1.40pm when she encountered this crowd of teenagers who got on the train with large speakers at high volume.

She went to them and said that there is a small baby on the train and asked them to decrease the volume. They told her to f**k off, and turned up the volume. You can see for yourself how they reacted….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC-CWDFuQ1A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I wonder are things getting worse or am I just getting older. However, when I see footage like that I do worry for the future of the country. Children have been brought up by parents with no discipline or shame. There's no surprise we breed gob****es like that. Saw the exact same myself on the Dart last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Think the seeds for that were sown in the early 2000s when Ireland had relatively relaxed immigration controls. Long before Varadkar was screwing things up in other ways.

boombang wrote: »
    I wonder are things getting worse or am I just getting older. However, when I see footage like that I do worry for the future of the country. Children have been brought up by parents with no discipline or shame. There's no surprise we breed gob****es like that. Saw the exact same myself on the Dart last weekend.

I blame schools more, because of various regulations teachers can do very little in regards to discipline nowadays, so they become breeding grounds for ****ty anti-social behaviour.

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

El_Bee wrote: »

I was in Dublin over the weekend, it must be one of the worst cities in Europe. Scum everywhere. The funny thing is, most of the scumbags are absolutely spineless, which I suppose is a good thing given the number of them. I confronted a group of three lads over their behaviour and suddenly they were very sheepish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,883 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

It's an unadulterated kip.

Need another war to thin out the ranks a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Not excusing the girls behavior, theyre little brats and no doubt will look back and regret that whole incident in a couple of years when they grow up a bit but anyone with a bit of sense knows not to antagonize a group of young teenagers who are clearly looking for trouble.
    Kids will say anything, they dont have the maturity or the empathy skills, theyre not fully developed, thats why kids under a certain age who commit certain crimes arent given a criminal record and are trialed differently to adults, they cant fully comprehend the seriousness and complexity of the things they do or say.
    Again not excusing them but give them a break, imagine if social media was around when you were a teenager, id say over half of us on here would have gone viral for some kind of embarrassing incident.

Not a lot in that one probs just off to the park they’re well short of shots being fired. That beach ball could have had someone’s eye out mind..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Not a lot in that one probs just off to the park they’re well short of shots being fired. That beach ball could have had someone’s eye out mind..
    Yeah pretty minor, when the suns out things get lively, this is much worse:

Yes huge muppet problem. City of culture award must be rolling around again soon

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Fr. Pat Noise

Father Pat here- On my way home yesterday evening about 730pm I came across a confrontation between 4 African teenagers and a taxi driver in balbriggan. I don’t know what was going on but I did see ( in my rear view mirror) one of the African teenagers kick the door of the taxi. Probably in thanks for all the opportunities Ireland has afforded his family :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

Was at Rathbeggan Lakes in Meath yesterday, missus was queuing for some ride for like an hour, totally not worth it but she wanted the kids to go on it. I was sitting down with another couple while she was in the qué and we kept swapping around, kids running around etc.

I then went up and there were a couple of kids about 10, not sure how they got to behind my missus in the qué but she said they were trying to skip, then telling her to go home to her own country and to speak English. They just couldn't wait their turn, 1 in particular just kept mouthing off. Then they started kicking bits of gravel at her and the kids just to annoy us. We had to just tell him to stop that, like I don't know what is wrong with these kids. I had to use all my restraint to not throw the little s**t into the lake but I had to turn around 4 times to tell him to leave us alone. If there was any sort of a security/staff presence I would've told them but that interaction ruined the day for us, it was at the end of a long day and the heat just made it worse.

My missus lived in town so knows about the scumbags who'd do something like this but such a small thing can upset people. Oh and there were other people around who ignored what was going on, in that great Irish tradition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Balanadan wrote: »
    I was in Dublin over the weekend, it must be one of the worst cities in Europe. Scum everywhere. The funny thing is, most of the scumbags are absolutely spineless, which I suppose is a good thing given the number of them. I confronted a group of three lads over their behaviour and suddenly they were very sheepish.

Was in the city centre for the first time in about a year and it's a very strange city. You have all of these faux posh restaurants, cafes etc and homeless people on every street. There's no middle ground though. On Grafton street, the Gardai were only interested in moving homeless people on; three Gardas moving each homeless person.
    Not excusing the girls behavior, theyre little brats and no doubt will look back and regret that whole incident in a couple of years when they grow up a bit but anyone with a bit of sense knows not to antagonize a group of young teenagers who are clearly looking for trouble.

They won't regret it in years to come. Teenagers don't think like that. Pretty much every secondary school teacher I know will tell you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I blame schools more, because of various regulations teachers can do very little in regards to discipline nowadays, so they become breeding grounds for ****ty anti-social behaviour.

As a male primary teacher, times have definitely changed. You are dancing on the edge of a razor when it comes to discipline today. If you are too soft at the senior end, you have no control of your class and no learning occurs and disorder is rife. If you are seen as being strict, many will appreciate and many will not which can lead to grief of many varying degrees. And strict in 2019 is nowhere near the level of what strict was when I was in school in the 90s. There was obviously a time when people in authority like teachers were given too much trust but the pendulum has now swung too far in the other direction. I see alot of teachers turning a blind eye to behaviour that would have been nipped in the bud years ago. It's not right but it's understandable, given the lack of backing you receive. Ultimately, all of us including the children will suffer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Get Real

Berserker wrote: »
    There's no middle ground though. On Grafton street, the Gardai were only interested in moving homeless people on.

The optics aren't great, but you seeing guards move homeless people on, doesn't mean they're moving them on because they're homeless.

Worked in River Island on that street moons ago. Needles every opening morning in our alcove. Black tar on tinfoil, blood sometimes. I'm not saying all homeless people are at it. But you taking a situation at face value could have more to it when all factors are taken in.

What about the staff on minimum wage who have to pick that up before work starts, or blood and bodily fluids there at the door? If the guards move people on, they're wrong, but if they don't, staff say they do nothing about a problem for them.

Likewise, when finishing up at same store, walking on Anne St South I had my phone snatched. Guy went to court. I knew him from being a "regular" in the area. Went to court. He had 57 previous convictions.

Are you suggesting that people, who's background is unknown to you, but are known by staff and gardai as repeat offenders in an area, should just be let stay there and commit further crimes?

I'm not saying all homeless people are criminals. But alot of criminals are homeless. How would you feel if later that same person took your phone or money? Is prevention not better than cure?

It could also be something more sinister. Another local from my days of retail:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjVgfvbmaXjAhUdAGMBHZPFA5AQzPwBegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thesun.ie%2Fnews%2F1489621%2Fhomeless-man-found-dead-in-dublin-city-centre-was-convicted-paedophile-who-wilfully-passed-hiv-to-a-woman%2F&psig=AOvVaw0hrFgU8RAyhYk6kcq_6P-o&ust=1562671125513346

Would you have judged the guards for moving this man on too? He would have been moved regularly, not because he was homeless. But because he was a registered sex offender and had to comply with certain conditions. He also had an Asbo in place and over 40 previous convictions.

Seems a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Get Real wrote: »
    Are you suggesting that people, who's background is unknown to you, but are known by staff and gardai as repeat offenders in an area, should just be let stay there and commit further crimes?

Most definitely not. If the person is well known in the area, the Gardai should move them on. The Gardai were moving them on en masse though. We worked our way from the Stephens Green end of the street to the Trinity end and it was obvious that they were not selecting one or two of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Annoying music? yes, but that looks like typical teenage behavior, i don't see any of them threatening or robbing fellow passengers.

Take a train thru Balbriggan and report back with your findings

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

chrissb8 wrote: »
    In this day and age they will literally never live that down for the rest of their lives. Stuff like this works both ways, show your face on these videos and it explodes virally you will never escape it. I don't think they knew what they were saying and will only realise as they get older and meet genuinely nice people from all sorts of background how wrong and stupid they had been. Just a pity they can't escape something like this. All it takes is someone you've just met to come into contact with someone you've known a long time be it someone distant you haven't spoken to in years it doesn't matter. More than likely one of the first things to come up in conversation.

stupid idiots trying to hide their faces but can't get their heads around fps (frames per second) lol and the fact there's so much opportunity to get screen grabs that show exactly who's behind the fingers, such idiots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

That is not typical teenage behaviour. Give teenagers some credit! That is the behaviour of dragged up scumbags who know well they will never face any consequences for their actions. Teenagers may generally be more impulsive and emotional in their reactions, but they also know right from wrong. It's sad to see so many have such low expectations of teenagers.

Balanadan wrote: »

ya you're just blessed they hadn't got 10 to 50 friends rock up to give you a serious hiding, or pull a knife on ya

Bobblehats wrote: »

not a lot in that? a mother with her baby approached and rightly asked these jumped up little pr1cks to keep it down on the train, if i was on that train I'm telling you now I'd have found it extremely hard not to knock that little runt in the red tshirt out if I thought for a milisecond that he would touch that poor woman, come what may, videos or no videos

steves2 wrote: »
    . Oh and there were other people around who ignored what was going on, in that great Irish tradition.

most people are genuinely scared sh1tless, sorry ye were left to deal with it on yer own

Annoying music? yes, but that looks like typical teenage behavior, i don't see any of them threatening or robbing fellow passengers.

Take a train thru Balbriggan and report back with your findings

if these kids were black you'd be calling for their heads, go burn a cross somewhere.

That is not typical teenage behaviour. Give teenagers some credit! That is the behaviour of dragged up scumbags who know well they will never face any consequences for their actions. Teenagers may generally be more impulsive and emotional in their reactions, but they also know right from wrong. It's sad to see so many have such low expectations of teenagers.

I'm glad you live in a nice area with kids that don't act like this, but where I'm from this is the norm, not the exception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I'm glad you live in a nice area with kids that don't act like this, but where I'm from this is the norm, not the exception.

I'm from Neilstown. Taught second level in another similar area of Dublin for over a decade. It's a minority but they have a big impact and nobody is willing to do anything about it. Too many excuses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Don't know where you come from or where you live but teenagers making noise in group and playing loud music is neither scumbag behaviour or unusual, it happens.

That's what gangs of teenagers do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement