Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths doing ****ty things but not shooting anyone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Alien Gods wrote: »
    If scummy knacker girls were harrassing me, calling me a pedo, absolutely I'd be recording the interaction for my own protection.

I would be getting the fuçk out of there, not hanging around like a muppet, waiting for confrontation and escalating a situation. This man is the supposed adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Zatccha

My arguement could be anything in a court of law.

No, it couldn't. If you're taking a case to a court of law in Ireland, you'd have to name the respondent/defendant at the outset. You were arguing a private individual was breaking the law by videoing in a public space - He wasn't.

I'm not getting into the GDPR obligations of Facebook surrounding the hosting of videos. or RTÉ or the Mexican website with the article. Harassment is a separate matter altogether.
    there would be snippets of hundreds of areas that could apply to any published image - as others have mentioned above, data protection, privacy, etc etc etc.

So quote it? Someone with a law degree should be able to specifically highlight. Citing a full act doesn't cut it. You cited the Childcare Act 1991 earlier, which relates to childcare services. Unless you're arguing that the guy videoing was running a pre-school while he videoed this, you're talking absolute nonsense.
    This is not a personal activity. He could be considered a data controller.

You'd have a very tough time arguing that it was taken for commercial purposes. He's hardly making profit from the video.
    Ask in legal discussion. Might be interesting.

Do the Kings Inn refer much stuff to Boards.ie? I'm sure that'd be a solid retort in a court of law. You're all over the place.

The fact is that you don't know and you haven't managed to cite a single piece of legislation correctly to support your argument. The man who took the video was perfectly entitled to do so, as it was in a public space. I think it was also pretty a wise decision to protect himself, considering the accusations and abuse that were being leveled at him.

I think I'm done feeding the troll, now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I would be getting the fuçk out of there, not hanging around like a muppet, waiting for confrontation and escalating a situation. This man is the supposed adult.

So run away from kids...yeah... that'll get you far in life... scared of 14yo knackerettes..he may as well pack his bags and go home

• Registered Users Posts: 16,770 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

If scummy knacker girls were harrassing me, calling me a pedo, absolutely I'd be recording the interaction for my own protection.

To be fair, they were calling him a pedo because he was videoing them.

He mentioned them breaking his headphones several times. It seems like they may have assaulted him which is why, presumably, he started to record them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

If the little kunts are calling you 'pedo' you'd smart to have evidence you weren't bothering them.

Personally I was hoping he'd lose it and batter one of the little kunts.

He doesn't though. What happened BEFORE the video?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

The Gardai came and took statements. I hope the little scumbags and their families get ostracised in their school and community.

Zatccha wrote: »
    No, it couldn't. If you're taking a case to a court of law in Ireland, you'd have to name the respondent/defendant at the outset. You were arguing a private individual was breaking the law by videoing in a public space - He wasn't.

I'm not getting into the GDPR obligations of Facebook surrounding the hosting of videos. or RTÉ or the Mexican website with the article. Harassment is a separate matter altogether.

So quote it? Someone with a law degree should be able to specifically highlight. Citing a full act doesn't cut it. You cited the Childcare Act 1991 earlier, which relates to childcare services. Unless you're arguing that the guy videoing was running a pre-school while he videoed this, you're talking absolute nonsense.

You'd have a very tough time arguing that it was taken for commercial purposes. He's hardly making profit from the video.

Do the Kings Inn refer much stuff to Boards.ie? I'm sure that'd be a solid retort in a court of law. You're all over the place.

The fact is that you don't know and you haven't managed to cite a single piece of legislation correctly to support your argument. The man who took the video was perfectly entitled to do so, as it was in a public space. I think it was also pretty a wise decision to protect himself, considering the accusations and abuse that were being leveled at him.

I have lots!

Zatccha wrote: »

He doesn't have to be doing it for commercial purposes.

If you, as an individual or an organisation, collect, store or process any data about living people on any type of computer,phone or in a structured filing system, then you are a data controller.

His best defense imo is THIS IS A ONE OFF!

The Gardai came and took statements. I hope the little scumbags and their families get ostracised in their school and community.

Is in the Irish news anywhere?

Is in the Irish news anywhere?

I would tell you but I might be breaching some data protection regulation

• Advertisement

I would tell you but I might be breaching some data protection regulation
    :rolleyes:

I wonder if he really did do something to bother them.

Can't find anything in English about it anyway.

The two girls are taping him in the longer video. I hope they got his consent and are managing the data according to regulations.

The too girls are taping him in the longer video. I hope they got his consent.
    Correct it could be considered a form of harassment in this case.

But they are only minors.

Also...They can't give consent ...he needs their parents consent.

I mean when you think about compensation culture etc parents suing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Noveight wrote: »
    Firing welfare around with no questions asked doesn’t help either.

Put the two together and you’ve the perfect breeding ground for scumbags.

:/ I’ve never seen anyone on social welfare with braces. Theres a massive waiting list for children’s orthodontics in this country, never mind the rarity for the HSE to fund braces on medical card. Someone has forked out a couple G’s for their child’s orthodontics there.

Accept it that this is the middle class, newish bicycles no doubt bought for Christmas last December, the €20 ridiculously looking haircuts of the young lads, the Helly Hansen clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

'poor show for Ireland'? Cop the f*** on.

This sh*te has been going on forever, 'cept we've all phones now.
    It's some scummer being a scummer. If he were fat instead of Mexican they would've been at him for that.

There is another thread on this now.

That first girl is the definition of 'skanky hot'.
    She's twelve.

• Advertisement

Lol the govt is welcoming Trump to Ireland soon.

I don't think he likes mexicans either.

Stop it boner.
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The above was 14.
    Real life will wipe that cockiness off her face or more likely sadly shorten it.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Real life will wipe that cockiness off her face or more likely sadly shorten it.
    Danielle Bregoli

She is worth 3 million. She became famous from that one clip.

danielle-bregoli-says-kim-k-lying-after-meeting-ftr.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

The personal exemption in Data protection applies to only personal/household activities and usage. Personal activities i don't think covers putting it online.

(7) ‘controller’ means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.

processor’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.

Automated data is just ..like on a phone or a computer.

No it isn't.

I wonder if he really did do something to bother them.

Can't find anything in English about it anyway.

Keep on gaslighting.

'poor show for Ireland'? Cop the f*** on.

This sh*te has been going on forever, 'cept we've all phones now.
    It's some scummer being a scummer. If he were fat instead of Mexican they would've been at him for that.

Yeah but he wasn't and they weren't. They were attacking him because he was an immigrant and they have gone viral. Like it or not, these things to colour people's views of a country.

MrFresh wrote: »
    No it isn't.

yes it is

Dunno what you are on about gaslighting

I just asked if there was an article in English about it?

MrFresh wrote: »
    Yeah but he wasn't and they weren't. They were attacking him because he was an immigrant and they have gone viral. Like it or not, these things to colour people's views of a country.

Not really I mean we are honoring a huge hater of Mexicans by allowing him a state visit.

_blaaz wrote: »
    The only grown up there is that young lad on the bicycle
    The boy is exemplary in the context, the girls are complete cretins, utterly failed by the education system and whatever family network they have. TBH more disappointed at the real adult here feeling a need to video this nonsensical idiocy. He should have just kept on walking. There really is no winning any argument against total stupidity.

Not really I mean we are honoring a huge hater of Mexicans by allowing him a state visit.
    We're honouring the position, not the man.

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    We're honouring the position, not the man.

We just shouldn't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement