Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Because Boards isn’t your safe-space?
    Ugh do some people still talk like that? Are you on a mission to pwn the snowflakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Varadkar is only a nominal head of government now . Dead man walking proverbially speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

It is possible that she is the fall gal in all this

Dolt Upheavers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Swings are back up.
    With clear instructions and supervision I hope. You would never know when some fraudster or fine gael chancer might try it on.

rusty cole wrote: »
    your wish is my command!! ahhh never gets old!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgRznrUwS0k

Hadn't seen that before, deadly. Peter and Chris are so funny, loved Tallafornia Swipe and Game Of Mobile Homes

• Advertisement

Idbatterim wrote: »
    I wonder on the night in quetion, there must be footage of harcourt street, not belonging to the dean hotel, that would show who Ave Maria entered with?

Unless there was another claim lodged on that day on the street I doubt anyone would still have their CCTV

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Listened to the interview this evening again, I'm leaning towards believing she might of had a few jars on board before she gave it.

Slurring words, Sean Sean Sean, arrogant, plays the victim.

Gargled.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,567 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

d70izgdwkaaysl9-jpg.18343

Listened to the interview this evening again, I'm leaning towards believing she might of had a few jars on board before she gave it.

Gargled.
    according to herself, she had in her hands a beer and a bottle of wine, whilst reaching for her friend's phone.

You don't need to be Poirot so surmise that that Luas trip into town wasn't all sobriety and crossword puzzles.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,314 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Gargled.
    according to herself, she had in her hands a beer and a bottle of wine, whilst reaching for her friend's phone.

You don't need to be Poirot so surmise that that Luas trip into town wasn't all sobriety and crossword puzzles.
    He is referring to this week when she gave the interview. Personally I don't believe she had drink on board for the interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

according to herself, she had in her hands a beer and a bottle of wine, whilst reaching for her friend's phone

According to herself, she hasn't a ****ing clue, "that's for a judge to deside".... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,391 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

According to herself, she hasn't a ****ing clue, "that's for a judge to deside".... :rolleyes:

That was the bit in the interview that swung it for me, she was on the bullsh1tting defensive. Even when it was pointed out to her it was not a court case anymore as she would not be persuing it, so she should have no problem discussing it.
    I was thinking to myself she has tied herself in more knots than that poor swing.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,144 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Am I the only one in here to applaud this case?

I think it's bloody brilliant. Ireland was a country of cowards and accept-alls. People were justifying their behaviour and their morals with a questionable live and let live attitude. Not blaming anyone for what was clearly parasitic behaviour. While horrible things were going on.

All of that has been disappearing quickly. Fair play to the hotel for not removing the swings. Hope the FG party will remove the claimant as a member. Looking forward to vigorous defences from insurance companies in compo cases. Let's get rid of compo culture. It's a cancer on Irish society. And totally avoidable at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

unkel wrote: »
    Am I the only one in here to applaud this case?

I think it's bloody brilliant. Ireland was a country of cowards and accept-alls. People were justifying their behaviour and their morals with a questionable live and let live attitude. Not blaming anyone for what was clearly parasitic behaviour. While horrible things were going on.

All of that has been disappearing quickly. Fair play to the hotel for not removing the swings. Hope the FG party will remove the claimant as a member. Looking forward to vigorous defences from insurance companies in compo cases. Let's get rid of compo culture. It's a cancer on Irish society. And totally avoidable at that.

Nice and easy now Champ.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,144 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Nice and easy now Champ.

Sorry man. I'm not Irish, but I've been living here for over 24 years now. And the compo culture has always made me sick and it has made me feel it's like a cancer, rotting away all of our society.

I'm from a family of five and there are only 2 of us left, all others died of cancer

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

there's more! The return of the €600 came with a letter :) leo is on the case

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

They had 'A' glass of wine before hopping on the Luas.
    They purchased 'A' drink at the bar which they didn't drink... For some unexplained reason!

there's more! The return of the €600 came with a letter :) leo is on the case

Did Bailey tell the truth about anything in that interview with SOR?

The report today Absolutely demolishes all of the stuff she claimed on air.

Despite claiming she was after certified medical expenses she incurred in the weeks after the incident, and said they took place before her 10k run, she sent back a cheque from the hotel 6 months after the incident, asking for a substantial sin stating what "she believed" her future medical expenses would be.

Also, apparently Leo has been briefed that the letter was seeking compensation for personal injury, loss, damage and inconvenience.

I wonder if the letter was sent either by a solicitor, signed off by a solicitor, or on the advice of a solicitor?

Again, in the interview Bailey says she had a drink in a friends house in Sandyford, but then talks about friends (plural) with her inside the hotel.

You'd have to imagine that the Dean have not only the CCTV footage which would reveal and awful lot, but also all legal correspondence between Bailey's lawyer and themselves.

I honestly cannot see a way out of this for Bailey, it certainly appears to be a clear case of her using her position as a FG councillor, and with the help of Madigans lawyers to shake the Dean for a bit of cash.

Now if Madigans fingerprints are all over this too, she will be sweating like a dyslexic on countdown right now, because Bailey has already implicated her firm.

The Sunday papers will most likely reveal more.

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

Doubtful, the Indo seems intent on digging deeper. FG certainly hopes to make it disappear but due to the issue with insurance claims and the negative effect on business the link is there.

Fine Gael make noises about being a party that supports business. Well, a lot of businesspeople are watching what they do very closely on this issue.

If I had the power of Leo I'd get meself Murphy Harris and the boys and head down to the Dean to watch the cctv just for the craic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

unkel wrote:
    Why should FG remove her as a member?
    She is not pursuing the claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭omeara1113

eagle eye wrote: »

she's not pushing the claim only because of the outcry of the public
    she should be ashamed of herself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Public reps should act and behave in a certain manner as an example to us all. It's sfa use Varadkar holding up "welfare cheats" banners if he's willing to let this kind of **** slide. She's a cheat and a spoofer who's been caught out red handed.

If Varadkar doesn't kick her out he has literally zero credibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Chiparus

So he had a beer in her when she went up the lift and her friend had a bottle of wine?

1 Where did they acquire the beverages.
    2 did her friend have a glass , or was she "necking" the wine

We got a live one here.

That's like asking why someone should be prosecuted for attempted murder or am attempted robbery?

Public reps should act and behave in a certain manner as an example to us all. It's sfa use Varadkar holding up "welfare cheats" banners if he's willing to let this kind of **** slide. She's a cheat and a spoofer who's been caught out red handed.

If Varadkar doesn't kick her out he has literally zero credibility.

If he kicks her out, she'll be an independent that votes with FG, no change at all.

Something I also found interesting in the interview, (I'm not aware of how a compensation claim works, having never had one).

When challenged about the run, the dates etc, Bailey claimed that the documents weren't finalised before going in front of a judge.

As already said, I'm not familiar with the workings of a compo claim, but am I to understand that a claimant can literally lie through their teeth when making a claim, and if the insurance company buckle's first, and pays out, these lies will practically be unquestioned?

Isn't that legalised thievery if you receive a payout based on lies?

No disrespect to maria baily. I'm sure she's a highly intelligent woman but as we heard on the radio, the finer aspects of law are outside her area of expertise.... To me it looks like she was helped /guided through the claim and if that guide was a colleague then....he/she should be fired also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

unkel wrote:
    For showing extremely questionable judgment, a lack of leadership, bringing an already shady party into even further disrepute and going on a solo run so to speak on the SOR show.

Conspiring to defraud an insurance company could be another reason, if that is what actually happened. It certainly seems to be.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Johnny Cash Version .
    Obviously Maria Bailey substitutes “ Sweet Insurance Claim “ for “ Sweet Chariot “ !
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I&frags=pl%2Cwn

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement