Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael TD sues Dublin Hotel after falling off swing

Options

Comments

Girls keep swinging

And Heaven loves her...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,251 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Actually genuinely one of my favourite songs

If bein' wrong's a crime, I'm serving forever:P

Will our swing out sister want to breakout of Fine Gael soon?

Here’s a link for anybody interested in searching High Court cases:

http://highcourtsearch.courts.ie/hcslive/terms_conditions.processAction

Having used search terms Maria + Bailey, this is what has appeared....

http://highcourtsearch.courts.ie/hcslive/case_detail.show?sessionID=803582898&yearNo=2004&recordNo=8778&processType=P

Blankety blank fields apart from name, date & no. of the case. Solicitor John G Flynn. Presume it was settled before proceeding through the court.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Will our swing out sister want to breakout of Fine Gael soon?

I think we all know what she wants.

I see Daddy used solicitors firms and court services quite a lot, Maria must have been raised from the cradle to this same way most of us were regularly brought to the dentist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

http://highcourtsearch.courts.ie/hcslive/case_detail.show?sessionID=803582898&yearNo=2004&recordNo=8778&processType=P

Blankety blank fields apart from name, date & no. of the case. Solicitor John G Flynn. Presume it was settled before proceeding through the court.

Details last updated 31/05/19? :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 37,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

omeara1113 wrote:
    she's not pushing the claim only because of the outcry of the public she should be ashamed of herself
    And she clearly got a tough time over it. Imo that's enough, it's not the end of the world.

Sorry but I'm just here for the music at this stage :D

• Advertisement

I hear Dolly Parton knows someone who can gives swinging lessons:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

ChikiChiki wrote: »

Details last updated 31/05/19? :-/
    That the standard update of the site.
    There was nothing deleted. The case didn't go to court. By all accounts, she got a nice settlement.

mickdw wrote: »
    That the standard update of the site.
    There was nothing deleted. The case didn't go to court. By all accounts, she got a nice settlement.

I clicked on that link and it made no sense to me. Anyone care to explain what it's all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

There is nothing there only maria bailey v aerlingus and a date.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The sooner Maria Bailey resigns her Dail seat and/or is booted out of FG the better.

It’s beyond a farce at this stage.

JupiterKid wrote:
    The sooner Maria Bailey resigns her Dail seat and/or is booted out of FG the better.
    You have the statutory right to file a claim over anything. It doesn't mean you will succeed with the claim. She has done nothing wrong.
    I don't understand these demands for Fine Gael to get rid of her or for her to resign.

How could somebody be demanding her resignation when the lines of Maria Walsh was proven to be lying in the run-up to the. European elections and nobody seems to care. Even worse is the children's hospital debacle, Simon Harris is still minister for health. You all should get your act together and realise which things are worse.

JupiterKid wrote:
    You have the statutory right to file a claim over anything. It doesn't mean you will succeed with the claim. She has done nothing wrong.
    I don't understand these demands for Fine Gael to get rid of her or for her to resign.

How could somebody be demanding her resignation when the lines of Maria Walsh was proven to be lying in the run-up to the. European elections and nobody seems to care. Even worse is the children's hospital debacle, Simon Harris is still minister for health. You all should get your act together and realise which things are worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

JupiterKid wrote: »

She won’t be resigning her seat, that’s just not going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

eagle eye wrote:
    You have the statutory right to file a claim over anything. It doesn't mean you will succeed with the claim. She has done nothing wrong. I don't understand these demands for Fine Gael to get rid of her or for her to resign.

You don't understand that lying is wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

eagle eye wrote: »

I get a lot of what you are saying and unfortunately the electorate have short memories, but on the other hand, it does seem that Maria Bailey cost FG some votes and seats in the local elections. The party remembers that more than say, more consequential stuff but less obvious like Harris being better at killing people than saving them - maybe thats what FG looks for in a Minister for Health (e.g. Noonan).

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

She was out drinking and fell off a swing and didn't want to take responsibility for her own stupidity. Just because you have a right to do something, doesn't mean you should do it, and she completely took the p!ss.

Weepsie wrote:
    She was out drinking and fell off a swing and didn't want to take responsibility for her own stupidity. Just because you have a right to do something, doesn't mean you should do it, and she completely took the p!ss.
    The claim was dropped, end of. No harm, no foul. Move on, find something important to moan about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

You’re really missing the point of the criticism she is receiving.

“You have the statutory right to file a claim over anything”
    It’s that attitude coupled with lies, fraud and a hideously low level of self awareness that has her in this situation

• Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

The claim was dropped, end of. No harm, no foul. Move on, find something important to moan about.

Only because she was caught fibbing. She is dishonest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

But the claim was only dropped because it was clearly found, in advance if the case, to be fraudulent.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

You'd have to be living under a bridge not to realise this is important in the context of her being a member of a government doing nothing in the face of spurious & exaggerated claims and rising insurance costs.

ps if you are living under a bridge, my sympathies, the government advises you to take advantage of the exciting social opportunities this presents.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

“I think when you withdraw a claim, I think that is in itself an acknowledgement of the fact that perhaps that claim shouldn’t have been proceeded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

If she felt she had a valid claim, she should have been able to defend her position better than the pure gibberish she spoke on the SOR radio programme. Gibberish that had her own colleagues shaking their heads in dismay at how dreadful a portrait she painted of herself. That was her chance to explain her claim and she blew it by evading questions on her own responsibility as regards the accident and whinging like some sort of spoiled princess that questions were actually being asked about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

She dropped her claim because she was exposed to be making a dubious insurance claim as a result of her own ineptitude. This in turn gives rise to question her integrity as a sitting T.D. and to question if, especially after hearing the radio interview, she is fit to retain that position as a government representative.

• Advertisement

“You have the statutory right to file a claim over anything†It’s that attitude coupled with lies, fraud and a hideously low level of self awareness that has her in this situation
    How do you know how she felt about things after the accident. Did she have concussion, do you know?
    salmocab wrote:
    Only because she was caught fibbing. She is dishonest.
    So is Maria Walsh but nobody is giving out about her.
    But the claim was only dropped because it was clearly found, in advance if the case, to be fraudulent.
    It was never proven to be fraudulent. There has been stories written that suggest it bit you have to be gullible enough to believe everything that's written and in my opinion that is a mistake by you and anybody else who just swallows everything said.
    odyssey06 wrote:
    You'd have to be living under a bridge not to realise this is important in the context of her being a member of a government doing nothing in the face of spurious & exaggerated claims and rising insurance costs.
    What about medical costs, taxpayers being screwed out of money. See Sion Harris. I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find people involved with Simon Harris in some way who have benefitted greatly from the billions spent on the children's hospital debacle.
    Mrsmum wrote:
    If she felt she had a valid claim, she should have been able to defend her position better than the pure gibberish she spoke on the SOR radio programme. Gibberish that had her own colleagues shaking their heads in dismay at how dreadful a portrait she painted of herself. That was her chance to explain her claim and she blew it by evading questions on her own responsibility as regards the accident and whinging like some sort of spoiled princess that questions were actually being asked about it.
    She got destroyed in social media and like everybody else these days she ran away scared.
    K.Flyer wrote:
    She dropped her claim because she was exposed to be making a dubious insurance claim as a result of her own ineptitude. This in turn gives rise to question her integrity as a sitting T.D. and to question if, especially after hearing the radio interview, she is fit to retain that position as a government representative.
    You surmise from all that you've read that it was dubious.
    I'm not easily fooled and I've a lit of experience dealing with solicitors and courts. No chance half the stuff that has been reported is true because no solicitor would be having it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement